Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
@Bodhi old bean:

So with a previous infection, the two primary shots and the booster I had to get to go to France, I can go to our local Covid ward and start shaking hands with people?

PS other studies showed no real benefit from the vaccine part, it's the previous infection doing the heavy lifting.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Got it, yesterday. Thought I was immune after both kids got it about a year ago but I didn't.

It feels a little like Tonsillitis without the manky white throat blobs. Oh, and I can't sleep.

Double jabbed (Pfizer) can't get my booster because they fucked up my record (entered my first jab twice).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got it, yesterday. Thought I was immune after both kids got it about a year ago but I didn't.

It feels a little like Tonsillitis without the manky white throat blobs. Oh, and I can't sleep.

Double jabbed (Pfizer) can't get my booster because they fucked up my record (entered my first jab twice).
:fluffle:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Brewers Yeast in the Vaccine!

Fuck me! It's going to turn my blood into alcohol when I walk past a 5G tower!

Oh. Wait.

That's a good thing, right?

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah i wondered if it was something on my end since a number of places seemed to stop working.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I caught Covid last week. Started having symptoms Thursday night, took test Friday morning... positive! It then hit like a truck and I was more or less passed out for entire day. Fever, sore threat, inflamed tonsils. Like Trem said, being unable to sleep was probably the biggest issue. By Monday evening, it was mostly over, I took Tuesday off just to recover, back at work today. I am mostly recovered now, still have a runny nose. Glad we had a stockpile of painkillers, was definitely needed.

Last edited:

georgie

FH is my second home
Same here, felt a bit dodgy on the Wednesday evening, took a test Thursday which was positive. Was proper ropey Thursday and Friday, a bit better over the weekend, though even now I seem to be having a bit of trouble concentrating on tasks.

I've had worse flu tbh, but overall It's not something I want again, thank you.

All my family went down with it independently, so it's certainly out and about doing the rounds.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm just a bit sick of the blasé attitude so many now have. I've been at a few medical conferences of late, you'd think they'd be more self-aware. I was the only one wearing a mask.

I know I'm very unlikely to die if I catch it. But I don't want to run the risk of long covid and having long-term physical damage to my body that can't be repaired. Fuck that.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm just a bit sick of the blasé attitude so many now have. I've been at a few medical conferences of late, you'd think they'd be more self-aware. I was the only one wearing a mask.

I know I'm very unlikely to die if I catch it. But I don't want to run the risk of long covid and having long-term physical damage to my body that can't be repaired. Fuck that.

I agree, but the problem is by wearing a mask you're helping others but not really reducing much risk for yourself, so I don't really see the point.

I can't wait for then next pandemic where humanity gets wiped out because everyone ignores the rules :D

There's probably like 1 kid per class that still wears a mask and *all* (about 20 of them in total) of the Chinese kids do.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Way I see it is, by wearing a mask in a confined space I catch some infected aerosols on the outside of the mask, reducing my dosage. Mightn't stop me catching it, but it helps reduce the severity.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are you going to do that for the rest of your life? No judgement - just a question.

For me, I'm as protected as I'm ever going to get. I've no changes to make in the face of covid - I don't go out if I'm sick anyway so I'm not spreading it and I wasn't the sort of arse to go into the office when I had a cold.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I will continue to do it until Long Covid is understood and can be successfully treated.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fair enough Tom, but I've a feeling you'll be looking at a couple of decades tbh.

A small number of researchers are trying to take it seriously but it looks like it's being psychologised and I suspect funding will start to disappear.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Personally instead of wearing a mask I:

- Tie my left shoe in a double knot
- Move all my change into my right back pocket
- Wear green underpants
- Hail Hydra at 2:34pm every 2nd Wednesday

Little scientific evidence that this works - so very similar to masks then - however I spent most of May in Texas and Mexico, paying little attention to distancing or anything like that, and steered COVID completely.

I got a few funny looks Hailing Hydra in the session around Product Management, and only having 2 pairs of green underpants they started to smell after a while, but it's kept COVID away so totally worth it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
First person in my family to get it, my sister wasn't feeling well and did a test which came back positive.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
After several years of avoiding it we are stuck in quarantine in Dublin :; won’t be able to see my mum as I’ve been informed that we have to stay here for seven days - can’t get a proper test so I do not know if insurance will cover the extra stay - feeling pretty miserable

Attachments

• 1A235EB2-521F-4A56-B11C-42D93B76AEA3.jpeg
    1A235EB2-521F-4A56-B11C-42D93B76AEA3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That sucks. Didn't know they were still doimg that in Ireland.

Mate of mine has cried off a pissup this weekend at mine. He's got the sniffles and tested positive. I told him he shouldn't have bothered testing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
After several years of avoiding it we are stuck in quarantine in Dublin :; won’t be able to see my mum as I’ve been informed that we have to stay here for seven days - can’t get a proper test so I do not know if insurance will cover the extra stay - feeling pretty miserable

My sister finally got a negative test 2 days ago, so she had it for 10 days.

Yoni

For insurance I have to go out to a testning center today as home tests do not count. It was the hotel and HSE that informed me that I have to stay put.. it sucks not seeing my family but at least I didn’t give mum Covid … feel fucking miserable though

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

How did this happen? I'm really confused because I didn't think there were any travel checks in Ireland now.

Yoni

I got really sick in the hotel took a test (because we are travelling on to my 87 yo mum on iom) and it was positive…. We did as requested on HSE site and reported it immediately to hotel and our insurance company- hotel have been great and booked us in until Friday - insurance co not so great - waiting for official test results as they do not help out on home test

Yoni

Official test is positive so a lot of the additional cost should be mitigated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom