Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just hope we dont go back to the "im just going to power through it" days when people show up sick at the office and infect everyone else

Power through it at home asshats, or better yet be sick when you are sick

It's not a case of powering through it, there was no way I could work yesterday, I was fucked, so didn't, today I am "fine" though as the day goes on I am feeling more tired.

I don't want to give other people it, so staying away, as soon as I am no longer infectious I will be going back. The only way I can know that is if I test for it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've got about 15 boxes of covid tests from the last school I worked at were just giving whole boxes away.

Waiting for their price to increase on the market before selling them to desperate people.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
100%. You'd hope people'd have learned their lessons by now.

In fact, I was hoping that we'd move to a "I've got a cold, so if I do have to go to the shops, I'll wear a mask to protect other people" type culture - like they've got in Japan.

We will see what happens here in the USA. 12-13 years ago we had a killer flu season. Because sick time was rolled into our vacation time, calling in sick used up vacation time, you did not call in sick unless you were physically unable to go to office. There's still loads of companies with policies like this. I was in my mid twenties, so vacation was more important. Our office was unable to function due to so many people calling in sick. 6000 people, and we had 3000 out sick. That's how you know it was bad. But we also had so many sick people in the office, infecting the healthy ones. Now that most office workers can work from home, I'm hoping that WFH becomes normal rather than coming in.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Feeling better now but can't really taste sweet things, they taste sweet, but that's about it, no other flavour, really weird.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Roles-of-Basic-Tastes.png

Maybe covid sometimes attacks different pathways?

I have a friend who loves beer - camra member etc. She couldn't even smell beer for sex months as it smelled like sick to her :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I temporarily lost Umami when I was ill the other day. Savoury food tasted really weird. Not nice at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I temporarily lost Umami when I was ill the other day. Savoury food tasted really weird. Not nice at all.

Hmm, just tried some smoked sausage that I had fancied for a while, one bite, binned it. Might give it another chance in a week or so.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, just tried some smoked sausage that I had fancied for a while, one bite, binned it. Might give it another chance in a week or so.
Stick to crunchies for a few days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, I had covid a few weeks back and I'm still dumb as fuck.

I'm not the same person. I'm just not functioning. :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've had some sort of evil lurgy since Monday and it's proving a proper stubborn bastard. Keep going to bed feeling loads better planning on a good night's sleep, then wake up at 2am without fail feeling like death warmed up again.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Eh?? You have always been dumb as fuck.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

I had brain fogginess for 2-3 weeks afterwards. It was sort of like having a hangover, without any of the symptoms. Brain just moved at a much slower pace. I was running on pure muscle memory at work for a while. Thankfully it cleared after 2-3 weeks, not sure what I'd do if it persisted.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Maybe covid sometimes attacks different pathways?
I also found the effects of the 'Vid on my taste to be extremely weird. for example: when drinking Earl Grey tea, it blocked the 'tea' flavour entirely so the experience was like drinking hot bergamot water. It seemed to be very selective in what I would and wouldn't taste. Most dinners became like eating hot mush.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

this I also recognize. in fact I'm worried I still have it and don't realize (yeah yeah laugh it up, its quite alarming not gonna lie)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seems to be on the uptick again of late, keep hearing about random people at work that have been struck down :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Seems to be on the uptick again of late, keep hearing about random people at work that have been struck down :(
Return to office appears to be playing a big role in NYC. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are almost back to pre-pandemic levels of people commuting. Friends who until recently had a lax office policy of "2-3 days in office" now have mandatory days, and predictably, lots of people are now getting sick all at once.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Return to office appears to be playing a big role in NYC. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are almost back to pre-pandemic levels of people commuting. Friends who until recently had a lax office policy of "2-3 days in office" now have mandatory days, and predictably, lots of people are now getting sick all at once.
Yeah, seems like a pretty solid link. Our lot are on this arbitrary bullshit at the moment. Thankfully as we've not long merged, I now have a satelite office 5 minutes drive away from home so have been able to avoid public transport and head office plagues for now

Bodhi

Sounds like a great study to get one over those evil antivaxxers, however there's a serious logic fail with the conclusion.

During the first wave of COVID there were no treatments or vaccines available other than paracetamol and intubation, which turned out to be an absolute disaster. Hence it's a bit of a stretch to suggest HCQ caused anyone to die who would have otherwise survived.

Nice story for those obsessed with bad Orange men however - even if it's clearly bullshit.

Has anyone posted the Cochrane Review which concluded mask mandates had no discernable effect on the spread of COVID yet?

No? Strange that :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like a great study to get one over those evil antivaxxers, however there's a serious logic fail with the conclusion.

During the first wave of COVID there were no treatments or vaccines available other than paracetamol and intubation, which turned out to be an absolute disaster. Hence it's a bit of a stretch to suggest HCQ caused anyone to die who would have otherwise survived.

Nice story for those obsessed with bad Orange men however - even if it's clearly bullshit.

Has anyone posted the Cochrane Review which concluded mask mandates had no discernable effect on the spread of COVID yet?

No? Strange that :)
Reading through it a bit it has calculated that people who took HCQ were more likely to die than those on paracetamol etc so not sure it's quite the logic fail you think. However, I'm not going to comment on the maths and stats involved as it's a few decades since I studied that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Reading through it a bit it has calculated that people who took HCQ were more likely to die than those on paracetamol etc so not sure it's quite the logic fail you think. However, I'm not going to comment on the maths and stats involved as it's a few decades since I studied that.
I went with my Dad a few weeks ago for him to get another Covid booster shot. The queue was massive.

Bodhi

That would suggest that it was HCQ that killed them rather than COVID. Given it's been used to treat Lupus for decades, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That would suggest that it was HCQ that killed them rather than COVID. Given it's been used to treat Lupus for decades, I find that incredibly hard to believe.
It's pretty simple. HCQ administration resulted in a higher death rate from Covid.

All medicines have effects - and not all of them positive. Even mild medicines take some sort of toll on the body. Whether we use them is a risk-based call - do the benefits outweight the risks? HCQ's effects clearly meant that you were more likely to die of Covid after administration, not less.

Which is the whole argument against using untested medicines to treat random shit with no evidence proved right there...

Edit: Conversely, if it had helped with survival rates then that would have been brilliant - a total luck-in.

But it didn't. It made it harder for very ill and weak people to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom