Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

So, he's fessed up that it was A) a party that B) he attended the party.

But C) he's denying that anyone told him that it was a party (despite 3 people saying they did) - and of course, he can't tell what a party is for himself?

I mean, if I turn up at a party that shouldn't be taking place, and I know parties shouldn't be taking place, and I'm the boss - then it's up to me to stop the party.

I'd be more bothered if Partygate wasn't being driven by leaks by Cummings - who broke the rules - gleefully reported on by Burley and Rigby from Sky - who broke the rules - and being turned into political capital by a tedious lawyer named Starmer - who also broke the rules. All during a lockdown proposed by Prof Neil Ferguson - who also broke the rules.

They were all at it tbh, and the only takeaway I've got from the whole affair is that the rules were bullshit, shouldn't have been put in place and did fuck all to stop the disease from spreading.

A pox on all their - and anyone who thought the restrictions were well judged - houses.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

So, he's fessed up that it was A) a party that B) he attended the party.

But C) he's denying that anyone told him that it was a party (despite 3 people saying they did) - and of course, he can't tell what a party is for himself?

I mean, if I turn up at a party that shouldn't be taking place, and I know parties shouldn't be taking place, and I'm the boss - then it's up to me to stop the party.

And how can he not know it's breaking the rules?? He is in charge. He should know the rules more than anyone else.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's nothing at all to do with the parties themselves, it's the fact they were doing whatever the fuck they pleased, and normal people were being fined for popping round a friend's house for a cuppa, or dying alone and afraid, that sort of thing.

We weren't allowed to see family, even on their deathbed, they were getting wankered at parties, now they are laughing at us about it.

They all need to go...and the way it's going, probably will at the next GE.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd be more bothered if Partygate wasn't being driven by leaks by Cummings
Who gives a fuck.

The police give zero fucks when one drug dealer fucks over another drug dealer. They don't go "well, drug dealer A was dirty, so we can't use his testimony against drug dealer B" do they...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Didn't Cummings also lose his job partially because of his fondness of castles whereas Boris went to fucking parties lmao.

There's breaking the rules then there's having a massive shit all over them.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Now that he has denied being warned the papers will print proof he was warned feels like hes blundering into this one

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He won't give a fuck though. He lies so much that it doesn't really matter what the truth is.

The privileged shouldn't govern.

Gwadien

Given the rest of the world's policy do we think HK is going pointlessly OTT?

Edit: I do.

Either China are showing the world how good having a police state is for pandemics (because let's be honest, it is.) Or they know something we don't...

Bodhi

Right, so she was recovering, decided to go for a walk, felt a pain in her back, started coughing and was dead 10 minutes later?

Obviously tragic, but doesn't sound like your normal COVID death - outside of those videos in the early days from China, which were clearly 100% accurate.

Anyway - good to hear the restrictions are all pretty much gone from next week. Farewell to useless masks, hello going back to the office.

Self isolation rules due to go in March too. All sounds refreshingly normal - just one more U-turn on mandating vaccines for NHS staff, and we're good.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wife had the all clear on 2 tests yesterday. Back to positive today...

Gwadien

A week and a bit Thursday/Friday last week or something, but she is a weakling anyway. Always suffers with colds.

It's a good job she's got a strong man to protect her.

Gwadien

So glad we've stopped using masks.

10 teachers off at my place with probably 100 kids, 1 million kids nationwide, I've heard some schools have up to 20 teachers off.

Now you've got the Borisphiles telling the school their kids don't need to wear masks... Another battle we don't need.

Fucks sake.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My wife is fucked off with it too, loads of kids off with it. Also loads of kids, just off.

georgie

FH is my second home
My nine year old Nephew's class of 32 had 6 kids present last week. He had a great time playing loads of Fortnite with all his friends who were off too.

Gwadien

I mean, don't get me wrong, it seems smart to go for herd immunity with the new strain, but it's probably not a good idea to do it all at the same time; cancel exams (as in, now, not making the decision a couple of weeks before exam season) the current approach is going to see so many schools shut in the very immediate future.

Bodhi

So glad we've stopped using masks.

10 teachers off at my place with probably 100 kids, 1 million kids nationwide, I've heard some schools have up to 20 teachers off.

Now you've got the Borisphiles telling the school their kids don't need to wear masks... Another battle we don't need.

Fucks sake.

Considering all of those people off caught The Ro when masks were a requirement I don't think this is the slam dunk you think it is.

Maybe stop testing everything that moves you'll be able to crack on with work?

Gwadien

Considering all of those people off caught The Ro when masks were a requirement I don't think this is the slam dunk you think it is.

Maybe stop testing everything that moves you'll be able to crack on with work?

That's because people weren't taking social distancing measures seriously this time around.

If we decided to let positive kids come in then it would cause carnage.

Even before covid, if one decided to go into work with flu symptoms then one is a prick tbh.

Surely you agree having that amount of parents off would be pretty bad for the recovering economy?

Gwadien

You had your vaccine?

Then who cares...

Because no workplace/school wants to have a flu outbreak, prior to covid.

I don't understand why we're suddenly changing our attitude to shit like this.

People still die from covid, sure it might be culling the dying anyway, but I still don't find it acceptable for people to be sharing any type of illness.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because no workplace/school wants to have a flu outbreak, prior to covid.
It's going to happen. It's already happening - shitloads of people are getting ill (anecdotally - but I've pretty strong circumstantial evidene because of work absences, and people working from home pig sick on critical programmes).

That's just a fact of life. What do you want to do? Avoid it? How, exactly? It's got to happen some time...

I don't understand why we're suddenly changing our attitude to shit like this.
Because we've all been vaccinated.

That's as good a protection as we're ever going to get. Unless the NHS is falling over (and it's passed the peak, and has free beds again) then there's no reason to not get on with our lives.

People still die from covid, sure it might be culling the dying anyway, but I still don't find it acceptable for people to be sharing any type of illness.
People are going to die from covid for the rest of time. It's here to stay. Vaccination was the endgame at which point life returned to as normal as can be.

Well, we've passed the endgame. Everyone who wants a vaccine has had it and has been offered a booster. That's it. Covid's over (in this country at least).

Now crack on please.

Gwadien

It's going to happen. It's already happening - shitloads of people are getting ill (anecdotally - but I've pretty strong circumstantial evidene because of work absences, and people working from home pig sick on critical programmes).

That's just a fact of life. What do you want to do? Avoid it? How, exactly? It's got to happen some time...

Because we've all been vaccinated.

That's as good a protection as we're ever going to get. Unless the NHS is falling over (and it's passed the peak, and has free beds again) then there's no reason to not get on with our lives.

People are going to die from covid for the rest of time. It's here to stay. Vaccination was the endgame at which point life returned to as normal as can be.

Well, we've passed the endgame. Everyone who wants a vaccine has had it and has been offered a booster. That's it. Covid's over (in this country at least).

Now crack on please.

OK Mr lives in a farm house in the middle of Wales.

There's currently a bloke off at work, mid 50s, been off for about a month, triple vaccinated, fit & healthy bloke.

He had the new variant of covid, and the long term effects means he can't walk a couple of steps before becoming out of breath.

There's also 3-4 other members of staff who had the same thing, some for longer, some still feeling the effects.

So yeah fuck this 'let's send little Johnny into school, he's only got a minor cold! (and not test)' because we all know by now that the symptoms in kids are pretty minor compared to adults, but adults can still catch it.

Before Covid, schools banged on about keeping your kids at home even if they have a minor illness because spreading shit in any school/work place is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom