Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didn't know 5G tracking came with bummings and pizza. I'm fucking IN!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wife has got the lurgy. I have come back negative, but have a bit of a cough this morning.

Marc

FH is my second home
All 3 of our kids tested positive on the 28th December, 2 had symptoms. Me and the missus, despite feeling a bit rough, both tested negative and did so for the next 7 days.

Its weird!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ive been sick all week but wife and kids all negative and no symptoms so seems i just got unlucky

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The more I think about it, the more fucking angry I am getting. People missed the last moments of people's lives, people died alone. Comment on the BEEB mentioning that even the queen observed the rules at the funeral of Price Philip, the queen for fucks sake. Personally, all I have missed is seeing my nieces grow from teenagers into young women. My wife's dad has Parkinsons and is deteriorating quite fast, she has hardly seen him in 2 years.

This waste of fucking skin needs to throw himself in the sea with an anchor chained to his head as far as I am concerned.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Well then it will please you know that Twat Rees-Twat has decided that it was the rules fault, not the people at the party.

1642074659766.png

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh Jesus fucking Christ, they really can't read the room, can they?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyway, I just wrote to my MP and tore her a new one.

Fucking witch.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm not really misrepresenting your position though am I? Over the past two years you've been down on lockdowns, dismissive of the benefits of vaccines, dismissive of their efficacy, you've overstated the mental health effects on suicide rates, you've been against pragmatic mask wearing, you've taken every opportunity to post something that may be like the above - a poor choice of language that can be picked at but in general the gist is correct (if you're unvaccinated you're the vast majority of the problem).

Your position has been consistent for the past two years.

Where we've aligned I've been completely happy to agree with you (more treatment options? great - but, critically, as an adjunct to full vaccination. No justification for coercion? Body autonomy? Yep, with you there).

But your form is anti-vax and your topics and arguments generally land in their favour and have done for two years. I invite anyone else on the forum to correct me.

I'll re-state: The un-vaccinated are the problem. They're they outside pressure on the NHS. They're the ones dying. They're the reason that restrictions remain in place. If they were vaccinated then the reasons for restrictions would go away - the NHS would be able to deal with it, the spread would be slower, less people would die, businesses would be open and running fine.

It's now, 100%, their fault.

Well if you're calling me anti-vaxx then I would say you are definitely misrepresenting my position - I've had 2 shots of AZ and I've had the rest of my vaccines to this point (apart from measles as I'd already had that), and I would encourage anyone who is vulnerable to get vaccinated as prevention is always better than cure. Where it is a bit more nuanced for me is those who have already had COVID - they will already have some natural protection which is generally looking more robust and longer lasting than that from the shots. Of course they can have the vaccine as well, which would provide so called "Super Immunity", but in terms of keeping people from becoming seriously ill and keeping them out of hospital it's doing a pretty good job.

There's also the (incredibly small) risk of adverse effects from the shots themselves. There is the well publicized (but rare) clotting issues with the viral vector vaccines, and similarly small risks of myocarditis with the mRNA jabs (much higher with Moderna due to it's higher dose) - so if someone has survived COVID and doesn't want to take on the additional (small) risk I don't really see too much of an issue with that considering how effective natural immunity is.

Just because I thought a lot of the other restrictions were absolute bollocks and a terrible way to manage a pandemic due to all the collateral damage they have caused - which will become more apparent over the coming years - doesn't mean I'm down on the vaccines at all, and I would have to say here in the UK we've done a pretty good job at getting shots into arms, which can be seen by how low hospitalisations have been since summer. However despite that some vaccinated people are still ending up in hospital - especially during this Omicron wave - so more treatment options to back them up would be a fantastic thing.

I'm also not entirely convinced that boosting healthy people who have already recovered or are unlikely to end up in hospital if they do get infected is the best use of the vaccines we have, especially when there are so many worldwide who haven't even had their first shot yet.

Nothing to do with 5G - which is so fucking useless it couldn't be used for population control anyway - global depopulation, Bill Gates (although he is a massive cunt) or any of that conspiracy woo, just a nuanced position that will still result in a well protected population, enabling us to get on with our lives again. Just because I don't believe in demonising people for not taking the vaccine, doesn't make me anti-vaxx at all - and any thought of that would just show you up to be stuck in a binary world where everything is either black or white.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Rees Mogg is a great example of a person of average intelligence using his education and background to make himself appear far more important than he is. I'll never forget the utterly fucking ridiculous comments he made about the Grenfell fire and the people who followed advice and stayed in their homes, rather than attempt to descend staircases black with poisonous smoke, water, and blocked by corpses.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2z-TtgElU

Ormorof

FH is my second home
He comes across as a weasely piece of shit for most things. Since covid even more so

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
lol, he will do anything to stay in Australia

1642146561712.png

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Why is no one asking what Novak's plan was to enter Australia if he hadn't been lucky enough to contract Covid in mid December? He was cutting it pretty fine.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's becoming obvious why Labour are still not going for the throat. They were doing the exact same thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's becoming obvious why Labour are still not going for the throat. They were doing the exact same thing.
It's such a weird narrative. Labour are going for the throat. They've been banging on about Tory corruption daily. On this Starmer has said this today:

What else would you have them do? < Serious question here. Not what would you have them not do - what exactly should they be saying or doing?

What I think is going on with a lot of people is that they don't like Starmer or Labour, they say "they're not putting up any opposition" - when they clearly are. But saying that is just a way to help themselves feel good about ignoring labour whilst still voting Tory.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A motion of no confidence, and a general election, would be a start.

I wrote to my MP, I suggest everyone does.

Rayner is saying her part, granted, but it appears Mr Starmer has been fond of Friday night drinks too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A motion of no confidence, and a general election, would be a start.
With the Tory majority they have? Going for that would make him a laughing stock.

It would be a stupidly epic own-goal and prove his own incompetence - and you'd be first in line to point that out.

I stand by what I said earlier - this brow-beating of Labour is more a self-justification exercise for people who don't really want to vote the tories out but feel guilty about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Same question to you then @Aoami - what exactly should he be doing on top of what he already is.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm disagreeing with your assertion that anyone who thinks Keith is a wetty is actually a secret tory.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm disagreeing with your assertion that anyone who thinks Keith is a wetty is actually a secret tory.
You can think he's wet - but when the prevailing narrative is total fantasy that bears zero relation to actual reality then there's only one conclusion imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
With the Tory majority they have? Going for that would make him a laughing stock.

It would be a stupidly epic own-goal and prove his own incompetence - and you'd be first in line to point that out.

I stand by what I said earlier - this brow-beating of Labour is more a self-justification exercise for people who don't really want to vote the tories out but feel guilty about it.

Labour are fucking useless. It isn't an argument, it is a statement of fact.

In saying that, It does not mean one supports the Tories. This child like watered down politics that is around now really needs to go. Yes, you are allowed to criticise something without supporting it's opposite, it is perfectly acceptable, it's how change comes about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You can think he's wet - but when the prevailing narrative is total fantasy that bears zero relation to actual reality then there's only one conclusion imo.
What is the prevailing narrative?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Labour are fucking useless. It isn't an argument, it is a statement of fact.
No it isn't.

Today Labour set out their plan for keeping britain open during covid.

Again, I ask the question - what, exactly, would you have an opposition party say or do beyond what they're saying or doing, daily?

(Beyond, of course, the utterly ridiculous suggestion you had to make themselves look incompetent?)

Right now you're just repeating a mantra "labour are fucking useless" but have absolutely nothing to suggest that's different. They're an opposition party - their only power is to point out what the governent is doing wrong and what they'd do differently. And they're doing that. Daily.

So, again, I say you're just repeatimg a mantra. if you can't explaing why they're useless or what they should be doimg different then it is only a mantra, NOT an argument - which is a series of connected statements used to prove your proposition.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Scouse. I have laid out my position, I am not going to be reading wall upon wall of text on a Sunday morning.

Labour, especially under Starmer, have not done anything in opposition except say stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom