Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
eh? It was first identified in SA, there is no proof one way or another whether it developed or first emerged there.

Who mentioned SA? It was first sequenced in Botswana, where around 20% of the population are HIV Positive.

Bodhi

Why is everyone suddenly a virologist?

Probably a combination of:

a) Global Pandemic
b) an interest in science and what's actually going on
c) lots of time sitting at home with fuck all to do for the last couple of years (not so much the last 6 months)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who mentioned SA? It was first sequenced in Botswana, where around 20% of the population are HIV Positive.

...and since found to have been elsewhere in November too...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No doubt he is, sadly in this current situation the Australian Government are looking like even bigger bellends. Djokovic isn't the only player there on a medical exemption (I've seen up to 15 quoted on social meeja), yet he seems to be the only one detained at the border.

I'm sure public opinion in Australia thoroughly disagrees with you. Djokovik going online and trolling everyone with "look at me, anti-vax boy has a medical exemption," rather forced their hand. Maybe the dopey cunt should have stayed off social media and kept his head down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We've had a shitton of Tom Cardy on loop for ages. He's great.

Bodhi

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just got a positive from a home test, now waiting for a real test sometime during the week (the geniuses at Helsinki healthcare decided to massively reduce testing capacity in December so theres apparently a loooong queue), already had corona once (the UK version i think) and two vaccines, symptoms mild so far at least

Bodhi

Bit of a difference between loving something and not being especially scared of it.

Anyway - The Australian Government. What a bunch of nobbers they are. I'm hoping right now they're getting some snotty emails at the very least from their own Tourist Board, as Oz has just fallen off a lot of people's future holiday destination lists.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hopefully they still eject him, which they will decide in the coming day.

I did have a laugh at his families press conference, making sure they avoided the last questions by having a sing song.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Djokovic has become the only player to be knocked out of a tournament after missing just 2 shots.

Bodhi

See I've read that and my first question was "so fucking what?". Mostly as I was having drinks at me mates house a couple of days afterwards.

Serves you right for seeing silly rules and thinking "Oooh I'll follow those".

Ormorof

FH is my second home
See I've read that and my first question was "so fucking what?". Mostly as I was having drinks at me mates house a couple of days afterwards.

Were you and your mates also responsible for creating those rules? If not its not really comparable...

dysfunction

FH is my second home

I think you were allowed to see one person outside at that time....

But if the guy making the laws breaks them then why do we want him in power?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And why would anyone bother following any subsequent rules.

Bodhi

I think you were allowed to see one person outside at that time....

But if the guy making the laws breaks them then why do we want him in power?

Because frankly I'd be quite concerned about who he'd get replaced by. Truss or Sunak then fine - we can continue our journey back to normality. Gove, Hunt, or even worse Starmer, then ah christ. It will be more like living in Wales or Scotland with the tinpot Regional Dictators they have, and we'll need to show proof of vaccination to go for a poo.

One thing I have noticed about all these events at No 10 is it's always the Civil Servants holding them. OK Boris is ultimately responsible, but seems curious that the people involved are always the ones who we have no say in whether they keep their jobs or not.

Personally I'd keep Boris in place until spring to oversee ending restrictions, then replace him with Sunak or Truss to get started with the recovery, as I can't help thinking that's going to be the really difficult bit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Because frankly I'd be quite concerned about who he'd get replaced by. Truss or Sunak then fine - we can continue our journey back to normality. Gove, Hunt, or even worse Starmer, then ah christ. It will be more like living in Wales or Scotland with the tinpot Regional Dictators they have, and we'll need to show proof of vaccination to go for a poo.

One thing I have noticed about all these events at No 10 is it's always the Civil Servants holding them. OK Boris is ultimately responsible, but seems curious that the people involved are always the ones who we have no say in whether they keep their jobs or not.

Personally I'd keep Boris in place until spring to oversee ending restrictions, then replace him with Sunak or Truss to get started with the recovery, as I can't help thinking that's going to be the really difficult bit.

You don't mind seeing Truss as PM?

View: https://youtu.be/gygpvd9_Ra0?t=391

OK

She makes Boris look competent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom