Politics Coronavirus

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just incase a few of you werent aware, when you go for your booster you may be able to request what you want. At least i could anyway (had it at a pharmacy). Cant remember the name of what i was offered but requested pfizer as my first two vaccines were those (had zero after-effects) and they said that it was fine to have it.

My mum (79) had all three pfizer too and didnt have any effects either. Morale of the story: send your family to get jabbed first and bet on the chances that your body will / wont react based on their experience (scientifically unproven :p - my experience).

I was able to choose as well. They sent me to have a Moderna, and I requested a pfizer (don't really know why, but my other 2 had been pfizer so went for consistency even though every batch is probably a bit different). No problem.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I was able to choose as well. They sent me to have a Moderna, and I requested a pfizer (don't really know why, but my other 2 had been pfizer so went for consistency even though every batch is probably a bit different). No problem.

When I was having mine done someone asked for the Pfizer jab and they said yes they had loads of it. I just stuck with Moderna that I was offered. They are all pretty much the same anyway

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still feel like shit today but all snotty so probably just a cold. Still negative. Best get it out my system by xmas!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss eh?

[Sleepy Joe] told a TV network that "nobody" could have predicted it.

His top adviser Dr Anthony Fauci has said experts did foresee variants.

Wished you'd thought about ordering more tests a couple of months ago eh Joe?

One year ago Mr Biden lambasted a shortfall in Covid-19 testing under the Trump administration as "a travesty".

Wow-levels, even "Trumpian" levels of incompetence right there...

Embattle

FH is my second home
My mum had to have a covid test because she was coughing a lot, came back negative today so on to some antibiotics for a chest infection which is common when you have lung cancer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Most people catching it and going to hospital are under 40 eh?

Yeah. And unvaccinated.

If it wasn't for the number of people getting it then there'd be no story at all. As it is, the NHS is kinda screwed.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You just know the idiots in society are going to read that story and not understand that while less deadly it still causes problems in the NHS due to the increased transmissibility.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You just know the idiots in society are going to read that story and not understand that while less deadly it still causes problems in the NHS due to the increased transmissibility.
Honestly, I think it doesn't make much of a difference now - it's spreading like wildfire apparently.

Xmas will see it explode I reckon.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've not been seeing people as I want to spend tomorrow with my daughter and grandchildren.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Popping around to my mum's this afternoon to swap gifts and thats it. Won't be seeing anyone else until the new year. Fresh test this morning and all clear.

Was going to the pub for a quick pint tomorrow lunch time but half the pub staff have it and they are closed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've had my booster.

END ALL RESTRICTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What did you get?

I don't actually know lol.

I literally walked in, they asked me like 3 questions, jabbed me and told me to do one, not even the wait for 15 mins job.

I was in there for like 5 minutes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What did you get?
A sore arm. Had mine yesterday. Walked into a garage next to a doctors in Llandudno, hit my head on the garage door on the way in to much hilarity. Quick jab. Fucked off to the farm shop and bought a whole Welsh Black Fillet which we shall demolish on NYE by slicing bits off and throwing onto a hot plate.

:)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well some shit news from my end, my mum ended up in A&E because we spoke to oncology department and they weren't happy with her oxygen level. They did some more tests and by the looks of it the cancer has spread even more, although starting the immunotherapy it might not be enough and doesn't look like an infection. They're concerned she might have some necrosis of one of the bottom part of her lung. She didn't want to stay in hospital so they have arranged for an oxygen delivery and given her some steroids as well, they told her to make the most of this Christmas. She will talk to the oncology department next week to see what steps come next :cry:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well some shit news from my end, my mum ended up in A&E because we spoke to oncology department and they weren't happy with her oxygen level. They did some more tests and by the looks of it the cancer has spread even more, although starting the immunotherapy it might not be enough and doesn't look like an infection. They're concerned she might have some necrosis of one of the bottom part of her lung. She didn't want to stay in hospital so they have arranged for an oxygen delivery and given her some steroids as well, they told her to make the most of this Christmas. She will talk to the oncology department next week to see what steps come next :cry:
Bad news. Hope all stays as well as it can.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
So sorry to hear @Embattle *hugs*

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Well I've tested positive for Covid. I tested myself twice to be sure, 2 positive results. It's my own fault, I should have known better than having a few hours at the pub around this time of the year and with my luck I knew I would end up catching it. The timing of it too couldn't be any worse as it's ruined my Christmas and New Year plans. Lesson learned for next year I guess, stay away from anywhere around other people if you want to have a Christmas.

As for my experience with it I've had both my 2 jabs and my booster so my body is doing well fighting against it. Though I felt really ill on Wednesday - really bad flu symptoms, body felt really cold while my head felt really hot, ended up sleeping for 17 hours straight and I still woke up fatigued. Felt terrible Wednesday, Thursday and half of Friday. I feel much better now though, the only symptoms I currently have is a cough so hopefully it should be gone in maybe another week or 2.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Friend of mine, that got a bit pissy that I didn't go to the pub with him Xmas eve has come down with Covid.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Friends and covid are a pain in the ass. At least if you have differing political views you can choose not not debate but covid can force you to lock heads.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Friends and covid are a pain in the ass. At least if you have differing political views you can choose not not debate but covid can force you to lock heads.
Wife is dealing with this at the moment. Good friend is acting all butt hurt because we won't do their joint New Year's/Birthday bash. Thing is she's chosen not to get jabbed and we've got 2 nippers so it's absolutely not going to change but apparently it's all our fault.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
We were supposed to be having a gathering tomorrow evening attended by people with all sorts of vaccination statuses - only rules were no Covid chat and if you're ill, stay at home.

Anyway, looks like it's cancelled as all the boosted lot have the Ro.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We were supposed to be having a gathering tomorrow evening attended by people with all sorts of vaccination statuses - only rules were no Covid chat and if you're ill, stay at home.

Anyway, looks like it's cancelled as all the boosted lot have the Ro.
I'm of the opinion that if you've got your booster you pretty much don't have to care any more. It's the unvaccinated we're trying to keep out of hospital after all.

If the unvaccinated had had their vaccines then there'd be zero need for restrictions any more. I mean, if you had a cold you probably wouldn't turn up to a party anyway but at least if you did you wouldn't be worrying that anyone was going to die because of it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'm of the opinion that if you've got your booster you pretty much don't have to care any more. It's the unvaccinated we're trying to keep out of hospital after all.

If the unvaccinated had had their vaccines then there'd be zero need for restrictions any more. I mean, if you had a cold you probably wouldn't turn up to a party anyway but at least if you did you wouldn't be worrying that anyone was going to die because of it.

I'm in the same boat. I got vaccinated and boosted. I'm not going to be hospitalized if I catch covid. If people are not vaccinated and out and about, then it's not my problem any more. I have done my part. I'm still wearing my mask in public, and not attending massive social gatherings. I would say though, that if you're planning on traveling to a destination that requires a negative test to enter, or return, then take lots of extra precautions, and limit contact with everyone in the period leading up to the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom