Politics Coronavirus

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That tweet is pretty disgusting tbh. Anti vaxxers are deluded, sure. But like lots of quacks we probably all know - a lot of them will be lovely but simply misguided people.

Death in terror is no way to go for anyone. Gloating about their own goals isn't a good look.

How is tweeting an article with no commentary about said article "gloating"?

The article itself is unsurprising; basically the least educated part of America has the lowest vaccination take up, what a shock. Doctors are human, what a shock.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think it is gloating.
Yeah. Maybe not. It's just the smiley faces all over the tweet. Figured she was a nobody but it looks like she's a white house reporter.

Edit: This is why I'm not on twitter.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm not sure that is really shocking, even when they updated the figures themselves still no one believed the numbers they were providing. Russia is much happier to be exporting to other countries than using them on the majority of the domestic population.

That's just Russia in a nutshell though - look at their military; they have some of the most advanced weapons technology in the world but they can't afford to use it.

DaGaffer

I'm not sure that is really shocking, even when they updated the figures themselves still no one believed the numbers they were providing. Russia is much happier to be exporting to other countries than using them on the majority of the domestic population.

I would imagine the Chinese figures are also vastly understated, and we'll never know.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why the anger? That's obvious: People don't like irrefutable evidence that shows they're wrong.

It holds for the subset of scientists that have to die before science can move on just as much as it does @Bodhi's wrong-headedness on all things covid or @Embattle's utter silence when the worst of the "scaremongering" around brexit was shown to be simply reasonable and obvious negative consequences.

Both of them, like the subset of scientists, will die before they see reason.
Donno not my anger. Just a post with a pov on it

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Why the anger? That's obvious: People don't like irrefutable evidence that shows they're wrong.

It holds for the subset of scientists that have to die before science can move on just as much as it does @Bodhi's wrong-headedness on all things covid or @Embattle's utter silence when the worst of the "scaremongering" around brexit was shown to be simply reasonable and obvious negative consequences.

Both of them, like the subset of scientists, will die before they see reason.

Was that the "irrefutable" evidence that the ONS themselves said couldn't be used to prove your point as it wasn't complete yet? That irrefutable evidence?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Was that the "irrefutable" evidence that the ONS themselves said couldn't be used to prove your point as it wasn't complete yet? That irrefutable evidence?
Awww. Butthurt believer.

When the final figures come in and suicide is "about average" for 2020 I suspect you'll be nowhere to be found. Either way - you'd bet your house on the ONS's current figures being not far wrong. So you're just talking more shit.

Bodhi

Awww. Butthurt believer.

When the final figures come in and suicide is "about average" for 2020 I suspect you'll be nowhere to be found. Either way - you'd bet your house on the ONS's current figures being not far wrong. So you're just talking more shit.

No, I'd bet my house on the ONS figures not being complete yet - as they stated themselves. Sorry if you've based your argument on stats that the people in charge of have said cannot be used as part of that argument, I'm sure you'll get over it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, I'd bet my house on the ONS figures not being complete yet - as they stated themselves. Sorry if you've based your argument on stats that the people in charge of have said cannot be used as part of that argument, I'm sure you'll get over it.
Except they didn't say that, they released the figures to be used by everyone (media included) and said they expect them to go up *a little*.

Which ever way you slice it - you're dead wrong. And it would take suicides being factor of 26 times higher to even approach covid lockdown deaths.

Face it. You're bonkers m8. But I still love you :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
That's just Russia in a nutshell though - look at their military; they have some of the most advanced weapons technology in the world but they can't afford to use it.
They really don't. They lack advanced materials outside of what they can steal and the reliability of everything they build is shockingly bad

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They really don't. They lack advanced materials outside of what they can steal and the reliability of everything they build is shockingly bad

Better than American stuff.

American military is too bloated, they spend all their money maintaining outdated equipment rather than getting new shiz.

Russia does make more advanced tanks etc but uses about 5 of them for parades.

Why do India for instance use Russian gear?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

American military is too bloated, they spend all their money maintaining outdated equipment rather than getting new shiz.

Cause its cheap and easy to get

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think you'll find if anyone will do anything cheap for favour, it would be the US.
Think you find that they both want to expand their influence and either would be happy at cheap for influence

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Tanks are pretty much obsolete, smart weapons with shaped charges and helicopters can take them out very quickly. Which is why the yanks have not bothered much. Outside of trying to make rail gun tanks work. BAe also working on that 🙂.

India uses Russian gear because it's cheap and Russia's foreign policy is sell to anyone. The US is notorious for signing deals that then get reversed or blocked by Congress. Many instances of this with Pakistan (block D F16), also UAE and Saudia more recently. No wonder countries don't trust getting delivery from the US. I don't think they ever gave back Pakistan the money they paid up front for the F16s in the 90s.

Agree totally that US military is bloated but that is a show of power against China more than Russia.

Russian technology is far from advanced in so many areas, especially aircraft and missiles. Their jet engine tech is woeful and that again is due to materials technology. The reliability of their engines is also terrible worse than the Chinese.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My sister had a bad cough yesterday with a sore throat from the day before, she organised a drive through covid test for Sunday morning and the app went into quarantine mode with a 10 day countdown. This morning she got a negative test result put it in the app and it has gone green, can't complain certainly fast enough to not really cause any issues.

DaGaffer

India bankrolls Russian projects because it gets technology transfer, which it wouldn't from the US. India is desperate to build its own aerospace and defense industries into a global player.

Problem is the Indian military is increasingly rejecting Russian kit because its crap. They were supposed to bankroll the SU-57, Russia's apparent "5th Gen" fighter, but they backed off and bought French (4th Gen) Rafales instead.

Russia is a shell of a country and its military tech reflects that. China is much harder to figure out though

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
In other words, the EU managed to torpedo any confidence in a vaccine that people don't want it, simply because their leaders are inept...and shockingly, still in paid employment.

Bodhi

Ever so slightly misleading title on the article, as the slightly flaky Phase 3 Trial data and initial supply problems didn't have too much of an effect at all, it was plebs like Macron calling it a "quasi ineffective vaccine", when at worst it's a slow burner needing an extra couple of weeks to be as effective as Pfizer.

In fact you can tell it's all political by the last paragraph. "Africa are turning away the AZ jab to look at the J&J jab instead" - which apart from being a single dose, is pretty much exactly the same vaccine, with the same clotting issues seen in the US, but is actually slightly less effective due to the single shot.

My nephew's partner works for AZ, and they are tearing their hair out about it all tbh. AZ clotting issues all over the news, when the Pfizer heart issues are generally played down, EU leaders generally being dickheads about it all - she's gone on to other vaccine production now, other vaccines that will not be sold at cost this time. As why would you after the thanks they got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom