Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So along with sending police to stop scientists telling the truth about corona Florida is now prioritising rich people for the vaccine, a shining example of pandemic management according to our anti lockdown residents ;) Florida county commissioner limited vaccine drive to the two richest zip codes and then created a 'VIP list'

Wow, you really have to dig to find any issues in Florida don't you.

Meanwhile, in New York, which was held up as the "model" for handling a pandemic:

Is he planning to give his Emmy back at any point? Given that he also forced the nursing home to take COVID positive patients in the first place (as did NJ, PA and CA off the top of my head) that seems an order of magnitude worse than any shenanigans with the vaccine rollout.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You are the one arguing Florida was handling it well, no one even mentioned New York, but if the best defence you can think of is whataboutism knock yourself out ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, I'm pretty sure it was commonly thought that New York dun fucked up in the first place. Weren't/aren't the one of the highest areas in the US?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Also, I'm pretty sure it was commonly thought that New York dun fucked up in the first place. Weren't/aren't the one of the highest areas in the US?

Wasnt New York the first place to be hit hard and the anti-lockdown champion Trump refused to send help earlier on because democrat lives aren't important and Trump wanted to save face?

Bodhi

Nope, Fauci had a serious hard on for what they did in New York:

Doing it correctly appears to include seeding infections into care homes, then covering it up afterwards. Sounds like the UK did it correctly in that case :)

Bodhi

You are the one arguing Florida was handling it well, no one even mentioned New York, but if the best defence you can think of is whataboutism knock yourself out ;)

That will be Florida that are doing so well overall even Biden's advisor's can't figure it out:

I can give a few suggestions if he's stuck.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Wasnt New York the first place to be hit hard and the anti-lockdown champion Trump refused to send help earlier on because democrat lives aren't important and Trump wanted to save face?

New York City had to lock down to flatten the curve, there were so many bodies from covid deaths that they ran out of places to put them. Bbodies were stored in cooling trucks in hospital parking lots or dumped in mass graves on Riker island. Most of the hospitals were struggling to keep going, nurses and doctors were at breaking point. Things eased off after the first 2 months of lockdown & social distancing measures, the summer and autum in the city was quite enjoyable, you just checked map for covid hot spot and avoided those. Most of the big super spreader events were due to events like weddings and funerals with hundrends of people, where people didn't social distance, wear masks or take other precautions.

Thanksgiving and Xmas travel probably increased spread, so that's probably why numbers are going down now across the board. These days, no one is going anywhere, and in any case, most of the USA is in a deep freeze, couldn't travel if you wanted to.

Bodhi

First report in the UK to determine how effective the various vaccines are at keeping you out of hospital after one shot only - 85% for Pfizer, and 94% for AZ. Given these have mainly been given to over 65's, a few observations.

1) Whoever decided to split the two doses over 12 weeks has played a blinder in terms of taking the load off "our" NHS.
2) Haha Macron you silly cheese eating surrender monkey, our monkey snot is working fine. And how is the French vaccine from Sanofi getting on?
3) I bet that German paper that posted the AZ jab was bullshit is feeling properly silly right now, considering as a result of their article the Germans are refusing the AZ jab.
4) Probably as good a time as any to stop hiding behind the couch whilst poor people bring us things?

dysfunction

FH is my second home

First report in the UK to determine how effective the various vaccines are at keeping you out of hospital after one shot only - 85% for Pfizer, and 94% for AZ. Given these have mainly been given to over 65's, a few observations.

1) Whoever decided to split the two doses over 12 weeks has played a blinder in terms of taking the load off "our" NHS.
2) Haha Macron you silly cheese eating surrender monkey, our monkey snot is working fine. And how is the French vaccine from Sanofi getting on?
3) I bet that German paper that posted the AZ jab was bullshit is feeling properly silly right now, considering as a result of their article the Germans are refusing the AZ jab.
4) Probably as good a time as any to stop hiding behind the couch whilst poor people bring us things?

We're not hiding. We're preventing deaths and overwhelming the NHS as they would not be able to cope with the numbers of people needing treatment and the loss of doctors and nurses being off as they are infected with Covid. And yes you disagree but carry on with your flippant remarks about lockdown in the UK it's a good broken record to keep playing I guess...not

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, times have changed, poorly paid people will still deliver things to us, even more so over the next few years. The days of milling around in shops with the plebs has gone.

Delivery drivers and automation will replace shop staff in the economy. Luddites won't like it but meh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

The last point. The more people get it the more likely it is to mutate and mutation could circumvent the vaccine and we are back to step one. So no not time to relax the rules much at the moment.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They’re like: It’s high risk for a third wave, wear a mask.

Meanwhile: Shock-full busses. Subways. Restaurants and pubs. Supermarkets. People are out and about as usual.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still, in positive news.

The London airport has built a £15bn debt pile in the past decade while paying its shareholders several billion pounds in dividends.
We need to be curtailing plane flight anyway. At lease until they can power planes differently.

It needs to be a hell of a lot more expensive to drive different behaviours, which sucks but there you go.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I like an idea I heard on a podcast the other day where it's like Air Miles but in reverse - the more you fly, the more expensive it is.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I personally thought that a way to deal with air travel is to do something similar to a carbon trading scheme. Every person gets a set amount of air miles each year and you can save them for longer trips, sell them to others, etc.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I personally thought that a way to deal with air travel is to do something similar to a carbon trading scheme. Every person gets a set amount of air miles each year and you can save them for longer trips, sell them to others, etc.
Kind of like carbon trading

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No flights for poor people :LOL:
That's the world we live in and the economic system we live under.

So the only environmentally responsible answer to that is: tough shit.

If we are to fix the shitstorm we've made then tough choices need to be taken. Aviation is unsustainable in it's current form. So £25 flights to Malaga and Amsterdam need to be chopped - permanently.

So tax the hell out of them and ringfence the tax for environmental offsetting. At least the full, total environmental cost of plane flights should be baked into the cost of a ticket - I'd like to see any reasonable argument for not doing that as a minimum.

However, I can't see that one exists without taking Bodhi or Job's self-serving position that climate change and biodiversity destruction aren't real.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Imagine the amount of power that could be saved if everyone drank water. No kettles to boil, no coffee to grow or ship, no transport of heavy soda bottles. World wide that would make a huge difference.

but no one wants to give up what they like. And the companys want to keep selling shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom