Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not sure which one I am getting yet. When do you find out, or do they give you a choice when you get there?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I plan on using my contacts to see if I can choose, as I think it comes down to which centre you go to, if they've got the facilities to handle the Pfizer one or not.

I'm leaning towards the AZ one, due to family connections and a hatred of the French. Plus if it's a choice of monkey snot or mRNA based 5G, I'll probably take the monkey snot. I've already got a 5G phone, and 5G isn't anywhere near exciting enough to be injected with.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think it's the AZ one that a few people I know have had some pretty bad side effects from, whereas Pfizer hasn't.

I suppose it's kind of irrelevant though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sure which one I am getting yet. When do you find out, or do they give you a choice when you get there?

You get whichever one they have, mine was AZ.

I think it's the AZ one that a few people I know have had some pretty bad side effects from, whereas Pfizer hasn't.

I would imagine more people are having the AZ one now, again we'll have no real data for some time.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I will get pf as I am old and AZ is only being given to younger people here

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, frankly, I am stunned at what an old bunch of cunts we have here!! I am 53, with underlying health issues, and I am still waiting for an invite... I thought I would probably be one of the first of us :ROFLMAO: ;):poke:

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I moved into childrens mental health in Feb 2020 and suicide and self harm has shot through the roof, but a lot of it is being caused by having sudden and sometimes multiple deaths within the family from the virus. Especially those looked after or close to their grandparents. The lockdown is of course having an effect but many young people seem to ignore the rules anyway and still meet up or are still in school due to their individual situations or parents jobs.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

The Pfizer one they make you sot there for 15 mins before you leave so they can see you. The az one you can go sit in your car. The az one is used for those who are congenitally more allergic to things.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I moved into childrens mental health in Feb 2020 and suicide and self harm has shot through the roof, but a lot of it is being caused by having sudden and sometimes multiple deaths within the family from the virus. Especially those looked after or close to their grandparents. The lockdown is of course having an effect but many young people seem to ignore the rules anyway and still meet up or are still in school due to their individual situations or parents jobs.
Shot through the roof from a low starting point thoughh i would imagine

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I do not know the official statistics and i am sure we will all see them sooner rather than later as the lockdown vs open debate starts soon. From a purely subjective perspective the local CAMHS and other childrens mental health services in my area are seeing a very high increase in suicidal ideation and an increase in suicidal attempts. Self Harm has also become extremley common. As i said before though for many this is not just down to lockdown but also down to losing loved ones and/or care givers.

Gwadien

I do not know the official statistics and i am sure we will all see them sooner rather than later as the lockdown vs open debate starts soon. From a purely subjective perspective the local CAMHS and other childrens mental health services in my area are seeing a very high increase in suicidal ideation and an increase in suicidal attempts. Self Harm has also become extremley common. As i said before though for many this is not just down to lockdown but also down to losing loved ones and/or care givers.

Unless I interpreted it wrong, I think Moriath was suggesting that children's mental health wasn't much of an issue prior to Covid.

Are you still in Rutland? I wonder how things compare there to here, CAMHS here is terrible :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Nytt covidläkemedel får grönt ljus i Sverige

Ett nytt läkemedel mot covid-19 får användas i Sverige. ”Det kan rädda liv”, säger Charlotta Bergquist, gruppchef vid Läkemedelsverket.
Det antivirala läkemedlet med det smått krångliga namnet bamlanivimab har nu fått en så kallad beredskapslicens från Läkemedelsverket. Det innebär att det ännu inte är formellt godkänt, men att läkare ändå kan skriva ut läkemedlet.

Bamlanivimab har tagits fram särskilt för att behandla covid-19 och består av konstgjorda antikroppar som ska ges via dropp.

– När vi blir sjuka utvecklar vi olika antikroppar men här har man tillverkat en särskild antikropp och väldigt många av den, säger Charlotta Bergquist.

Läkemedlets beredskapslicens gäller i det här fallet för vuxna och barn över 12 år som riskerar svår sjukdom och man tror att det kommer att göra nytta för personer i riskgrupp. Personer som redan har blivit allvarligt sjuka ska dock inte få läkemedlet, eftersom det i sådana tillstånd inte har kunnat påvisas någon positiv effekt.

New covid drug gets green light in Sweden

A new drug against covid-19 may be used in Sweden. "It can save lives," says Charlotta Bergquist, group manager at the Medical Products Agency.

The antiviral drug with the slightly complicated name bamlanivimab has now received a so-called emergency license from the Medical Products Agency. This means that it has not yet been formally approved, but that doctors can still prescribe the medicine.

Bamlanivimab has been developed specifically to treat covid-19 and consists of artificial antibodies to be given via drip.

- When we get sick, we develop different antibodies, but here we have made a special antibody and very many of it, says Charlotta Bergquist.

The drug's emergency license applies in this case to adults and children over 12 years who are at risk of serious illness and it is believed that it will benefit people in the risk group. However, people who have already become seriously ill should not be given the medicine, as no positive effect has been demonstrated in such conditions.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Nytt covidläkemedel får grönt ljus i Sverige

Ett nytt läkemedel mot covid-19 får användas i Sverige. ”Det kan rädda liv”, säger Charlotta Bergquist, gruppchef vid Läkemedelsverket.
Det antivirala läkemedlet med det smått krångliga namnet bamlanivimab har nu fått en så kallad beredskapslicens från Läkemedelsverket. Det innebär att det ännu inte är formellt godkänt, men att läkare ändå kan skriva ut läkemedlet.

Bamlanivimab har tagits fram särskilt för att behandla covid-19 och består av konstgjorda antikroppar som ska ges via dropp.

– När vi blir sjuka utvecklar vi olika antikroppar men här har man tillverkat en särskild antikropp och väldigt många av den, säger Charlotta Bergquist.

Läkemedlets beredskapslicens gäller i det här fallet för vuxna och barn över 12 år som riskerar svår sjukdom och man tror att det kommer att göra nytta för personer i riskgrupp. Personer som redan har blivit allvarligt sjuka ska dock inte få läkemedlet, eftersom det i sådana tillstånd inte har kunnat påvisas någon positiv effekt.

New covid drug gets green light in Sweden

A new drug against covid-19 may be used in Sweden. "It can save lives," says Charlotta Bergquist, group manager at the Medical Products Agency.

The antiviral drug with the slightly complicated name bamlanivimab has now received a so-called emergency license from the Medical Products Agency. This means that it has not yet been formally approved, but that doctors can still prescribe the medicine.

Bamlanivimab has been developed specifically to treat covid-19 and consists of artificial antibodies to be given via drip.

- When we get sick, we develop different antibodies, but here we have made a special antibody and very many of it, says Charlotta Bergquist.

The drug's emergency license applies in this case to adults and children over 12 years who are at risk of serious illness and it is believed that it will benefit people in the risk group. However, people who have already become seriously ill should not be given the medicine, as no positive effect has been demonstrated in such conditions.

Looks quite similar to the Regeneron AB Cocktail that's been mentioned here and in the US, will be very interesting to see how it gets on.

One thing I've never quite got my head around is the focus on vaccines to get out of this, when treatments would be just as effective. I mean if we could in a stage where "You have COVID? Take 2 of these a day for a week", or even get Nurofen COVID Edition we'd be just as over it, without all the ethical issues around forced vaccinations, vaxx passports etc.

I know in the UK we already have dexmethasone, and the arthritis drug no-one can pronounce - seems after 12 months we should have a bit more than that tbh. We all know the HCQ story, let's hope Ivermectin doesn't turn into a similar political football.

And then there's Vitamin D.......

Gwadien

Trouble is, where does it end? Flu jabs too?

And no, that isn't any sort of comment on "cOViD iS tHE sAMe As fLu" pish that halfwits spout :)

Remember when I said this would happen weeks ago and you were all like neveeerrrr!

This clearly isn't as simple as not employing someone due to normal discriminatory reasons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This clearly isn't as simple as not employing someone due to normal discriminatory reasons.
It's a principle. If you start making exceptions to principles it turns into an unmanageable shitshow.

Principles mean you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Gwadien

It's a principle. If you start making exceptions to principles it turns into an unmanageable shitshow.

Principles mean you have to take the rough with the smooth.

With that logic you can refuse to employ women because they might get pregnant and lose you money.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Unless I interpreted it wrong, I think Moriath was suggesting that children's mental health wasn't much of an issue prior to Covid.

Are you still in Rutland? I wonder how things compare there to here, CAMHS here is terrible :(
North East Lincolnshire is where i work and live, Grimsby/Cleethorpes to be exact and it is pretty much the same around here due to it being an area of high deprivation :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's OK...all will be saved when HS2 is finished...or something or other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom