Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
but no one wants to give up what they like. And the companys want to keep selling shite.
Tough shit.

Or not, and we die. If we can't mobilise to save ourselves - why should anyone do anything they're asked - including lock down from covid to save lives? Because, what's the fucking point?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tough shit.

Or not, and we die. If we can't mobilise to save ourselves - why should anyone do anything they're asked - including lock down from covid to save lives? Because, what's the fucking point?
I was telling you that i saw the issue and that no one wants to give anything up. So unless its applied down from governments and multilaterally to different countries at the same time its pointless and we might as well just buckle up for the ride.
Tbh if it holds together for 50 or 60 years i dont care. Or more correctly i would be past caring.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
i dont care.
Ultimately, this is why you posted how you did. And it's common amongst humans.

I'm already on record saying that we don't make it as a species because even the smartest of us - the Einsteins of the world - are too dumb.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hopefully we'll all be back to flying and the mind broadening experiences the resultant travel offers soon. We were supposed to go to Italy last May, and didn't for fairly obvious reasons, would be good to get that in the diary again.

Would be good to go back to living rather than just existing again. I know enjoyment isn't high up the list of your average Malthusian windmill enthusiast, but in all honesty, fuck em. If they want to live a pre-Industrial lifestyle off the land foraging for berries they can knock themselves out, I shan't be bothering.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Would be good to go back to living rather than just existing again. I know enjoyment isn't high up the list of your average Malthusian windmill enthusiast, but in all honesty, fuck em. If they want to live a pre-Industrial lifestyle off the land foraging for berries they can knock themselves out, I shan't be bothering.
Not what's being talked about though is it.

No pre-industrial lifestyle, you keep your TVs, you can travel (including flying). But you bake in a real cost, is all.

We're over-consumptive. We have to cut out the shit and keep stuff that gives real quality of life.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ultimately, this is why you posted how you did. And it's common amongst humans.

I'm already on record saying that we don't make it as a species because even the smartest of us - the Einsteins of the world - are too dumb.
At the purely abstract lvl what are the benefits of the human racing making it. We fuck the planet up, kill all the animals, shit on each other. The rest of the animals wont care if we are gone.
whats so special about us that we deserve not to die out as a species?

would be doing the planet and the rest of the species who can live symbiotically a much needed party. Until in a billiion years some freak thing creates man.2

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not what's being talked about though is it.

No pre-industrial lifestyle, you keep your TVs, you can travel (including flying). But you bake in a real cost, is all.

We're over-consumptive. We have to cut out the shit and keep stuff that gives real quality of life.
Start by forcing manufacturers to stop built in obsolescence. Modularise everything so it can be repaired in sections. Etc

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Start by forcing manufacturers to stop built in obsolescence. Modularise everything so it can be repaired in sections. Etc
You like your Apple devices don't you? So you want to force manufacturers to stop built-in obsolescence while also supporting a manufacturer who builds in obsolescence and makes their devices as difficult to repair as possible. It seems like you could take a fairly logical step to do your bit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You like your Apple devices don't you? So you want to force manufacturers to stop built-in obsolescence while also supporting a manufacturer who builds in obsolescence and makes their devices as difficult to repair as possible. It seems like you could take a fairly logical step to do your bit.
I didnt say i wanted. I said the way to get out off or improve resource usage.

as i said before it really doesnt bother me. If i can live the same or better till i die, thats fine. If the world explodes in a flash of fire the day after i die, i have no qualms. Should it happen any time between now and when i would have died i would be vaporised and therefore no time to reflect on the shitness for me.

y’all have an investment in the continuation of the human race. I dont really care. While i am here i will make it as palatable for myself as i can. the day , the second , the millisecond after i no long have consciousness it doesnt matter to me any more and in the big scheme. Like astrologically, not globally, it would be very insignificant.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"I'm a cunt"

would have been a simpler way of saying that.

Although I reckon you're just shit talking to prevent sensible discussion on a topic you profess not to care about. You don't care about it a lot. And consistently. Like you do on a certain other subject.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had the Pfizer jab, no side effects yet except my arm around the injection is a little numb.

Bodhi

The thing is even with built in obsolescence we are still in a better position, resources wise, than we were 20 years ago. Thinking about it, back then if you wanted a Walkman, a camera, a sat nav, a phone etc etc then it was an individual device for each, which then tended to get replaced every 2 years or so, with all the resources that required. Now, it's just one device using the resources of one device, rather than 5 or 6.

Just buy a Sony one, they last longer :D

It's why I don't think current population levels are actually that much of a big deal, as the more people there are, the more innovative ways we can find to use the resources we have. Take ocean plastic - a pretty big issue in the developing world for all sorts of reasons - now we have people looking to see what can be done with it - trainers, seats for a Fiat 500, burn it for energy etc etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Take ocean plastic - a pretty big issue in the developing world for all sorts of reasons - now we have people looking to see what can be done with it - trainers, seats for a Fiat 500, burn it for energy etc etc.
Lol!

There's so much about even just this bit that screams "living a fantasy".

Bodhi

Lol!

There's so much about even just this bit that screams "living a fantasy".

On the inside, the seat upholstery is faithful to the sustainable philosophy of the entire project: a perfect match with both the FCA Mild Hybrid technology and the innovative spirit of the iconic Fiat Panda and Fiat 500. The Launch Edition seats are the first in the automotive sector to be partly made with SEAQUAL® YARN, the weaving of which produces a special material, certified by SEAQUAL INITIATIVE, derived from recycled plastic: 10% of which originates from the sea and 90% from land. SEAQUAL® YARN is produced by transforming plastics collected from the sea into flakes of polyethylene terephthalate. These flakes are then used in the yarn from which the fabrics are made. In the weaving phase, marine polyester is mixed with other environmentally friendly, natural, recycled or recovered fibers. This green process is completed by the application of dyes and environment-friendly finishes based on the saving of water and energy. Fiat is collaborating with SEAQUAL INITIATIVE to support ocean clean-ups to take action against marine litter. The two new Fiat 500 and Panda Hybrid Launch Edition models will therefore satisfy the customer who is just as attentive to aesthetics as to environmental issues, in terms of consumption and emissions.

Sounds like a convenient excuse to make Fiat seats even cheaper than they already are, but they're moving in the right direction.

Adidas getting in on the act as well:

Good old capitalism cleaning the planet up again :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good old capitalism cleaning the planet up again :)
That's yer fantasy right there.

British American Tobacco have good PR too. But I'm not sure even they would claim they were making fags that solve the problem of microplastics in the land, sea and the very air we breathe. I mean, it's difficult to remove plastic from the placentas of unborn children and out of the cells of fish.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had the Pfizer jab, no side effects yet except my arm around the injection is a little numb.
If you'd been nicer to the nurse they wouldn't have punched your arm 👀

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Should hit 30% of the population that have had at least one dose of the vaccine any time now. The NHS are doing an outstanding job. I just hope they can keep it up for when people start needed the second dose.

It was very efficient this morning, no fucking about. Queue there, stand here, jab, sit over there for 15 mins, fuck off, next.

Cases and more importantly deaths are coming down too, the vaccination program along with lock down is demonstrably working. I am getting really positive about the summer now.

Last edited:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Should hit 30% of the population that have had at least one dose of the vaccine any time now. The NHS are doing an outstanding job. I just hope they can keep it up for when people start needed the second dose.

It was very efficient this morning, no fucking about. Queue there, stand here, jab, sit over there for 15 mins, fuck off, next.

Cases and more importantly deaths are coming down too, the vaccination program along with lock down is demonstrably working. I am getting really positive about the summer now.
There are certain operating methods they seem to have brought in during the pandemic that I sincerely hope they keep as well. Had to have a blood test and because of the pandemic it was all very much "this is your 5 minutes, just you by yourself, no exceptions" and I have to admit it was quite nice that everything ran to that and they flat out chucked out 2 or 3 people who were doing the usual "yeah I know I should have been here 2 hours ago but just do it now" bullshit that we tend to tolerate on a regular day. I think I was there 7 minutes in total with the waiting and it was the quickest I'd ever been in and out for bloods. NHS staff shouldn't have to put up with bullshit after the pandemic ends.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some guy turned up while I was there, couldn't remember what time his appointment was, wasn't on the list, got fucked off. Didn't seem that bothered though so probably a chancer.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Some guy turned up while I was there, couldn't remember what time his appointment was, wasn't on the list, got fucked off. Didn't seem that bothered though so probably a chancer.

Ive heard a few people going to the vaccination centres and asking them to give them a ring if at the end of the day they have any vaccines left over.
They usually get a call within a day or two to say "Come down to get vaccine in 15 mins as we are about to close and have some spare".

One way to jump the "queue" I guess.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
40’s being scheduled now. Good news. Shouldnt be too long till i get mine :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
*end of April...but still excellent news.

Meanwhile, in the EU, not quite 7%. STILL fucking about. It's getting to the point that we will end up with fewer deaths per capita than most EU countries, and our government are fucking useless.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
*end of April...but still excellent news.

Meanwhile, in the EU, not quite 7%. STILL fucking about. It's getting to the point that we will end up with fewer deaths per capita than most EU countries, and our government are fucking useless.
Talking to some peeps from za yesterday they were after our extras lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom