Politics Coronavirus

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah that's not going to happen. Even if it's legal they'll be shamed into scrapping it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope.

Might come in one day a month. Maybe.

Sucks to be head of the canary wharf complex. Gonna lose your moneh boyah.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Nope.

Might come in one day a month. Maybe.

Sucks to be head of the canary wharf complex. Gonna lose your moneh boyah.

I'm really happy to be working at home.
Quite happy to pop in on a Friday just to go to the pub at lunch with the team.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The way we work has changed and will never be the same again... we are discussing less office space and roatating teams after this is all over as there is a happy half way house between office working and home working. The one thing that home working does not do well is the spontaneous discussion - sure you can ring or video call someone on teams but in reality it does not happen that much. From a company who did not trust home working a year ago (centrally) to one recommending that should employees want to they should all have the opportunity to work from home for between 2-3 days per week... superb

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
5% mortgages?

So we're going to fix the short term by creating a time bomb

Nice.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pirate islands! Freeports, low planning regs thrown in, to boot!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Plymouth is going to be a freeport. No idea what it means. But i guess its not really free

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My Dad just sold his office across the road from East Midlands Airport.

Pretty bad timing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

lol at least keep quiet if you done something dodgey.

From what I can tell from round here, if you want to "skip the queue" just find a friendly contact at one of the vaccine centres and tell them to give you a call late in the day if they have any unused jabs. The Pfizer one can't be refrozen after it's been dispensed, so makes sense to avoid any wastage.

I'm using a similar tactic to see which centre I need to go to get the AZ jab when the time comes. The numbers on it look a little better and my nephew's partner helps make it. Givf me teh munkeh snot.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From what I can tell from round here, if you want to "skip the queue" just find a friendly contact at one of the vaccine centres and tell them to give you a call late in the day if they have any unused jabs. The Pfizer one can't be refrozen after it's been dispensed, so makes sense to avoid any wastage.

I'm using a similar tactic to see which centre I need to go to get the AZ jab when the time comes. The numbers on it look a little better and my nephew's partner helps make it. Givf me teh munkeh snot.
I guess its not hard if you try. Even legit. So why tell everyone you went private lol

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Talking to people at work today, most 50+ people have a date for the first jab now.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The way we work has changed and will never be the same again... we are discussing less office space and roatating teams after this is all over as there is a happy half way house between office working and home working. The one thing that home working does not do well is the spontaneous discussion - sure you can ring or video call someone on teams but in reality it does not happen that much. From a company who did not trust home working a year ago (centrally) to one recommending that should employees want to they should all have the opportunity to work from home for between 2-3 days per week... superb

We've already done it. My old office has had the lease terminated and is gone from April, and we will have hot desk pods in HO for "occasional" visits.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Such a dumb move from EU and Italy in long term 🤦‍♂️

Perhaps but I can see in some ways why the EU is trying to keep more vaccines.

I can also go back to my original point regarding supply issues with the AZ vaccine, for all the noise I was some what perplexed when various countries in essence didn't want to use it on the groups who were most at risk to the point they've kind of increased vaccine skepticism.

You've also got the problem that in the future a number of countries will have no choice but to setup their own vaccine production systems, this will lead to lost business.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What is also strange is how they have gone out of their way to discredit a vaccine and are now blocking it's export.

They need to grow up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not giving a fuck about old people again I see @Bodhi.

]Using these figures, restrictions need to have prevented at least 21,693 deaths from Covid-19 (assuming an average of eight life-years saved per person) to have justified the policy decision in terms of a maximisation of life-years saved.

Oh. There you go. We only needed to prevent 20,000 deaths to make it worth it.

But I guess you're on the side of a single 50 year old who would live to 85 is way more "valuable" than the lives of seven 80 year olds.

What a despicable man you can be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Deaths saved by lockdowns in Europe (11 countries) from February > 4th May 2020 (so a tiny period): 3.1 million

That's 4 months, out of 13 in the European pandemic so far...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We've already done it. My old office has had the lease terminated and is gone from April, and we will have hot desk pods in HO for "occasional" visits.
Wehad a company wide 50k + ppl communication that we can work were we like inNovember. I wfh since 2016

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
What is also strange is how they have gone out of their way to discredit a vaccine and are now blocking it's export.

They need to grow up.
Some countries.... oO Also after the additional studies done Germany have approved it - not sure France have however.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also after the additional studies done Germany have approved it
Amazing how quick those "additional studies" were run eh? Must have been tricky to pull meaningful information in a well-designed scientific trial in that timeframe.

It's almost like they were covering their embarassment because of their original tin-foil-hat inspired fuckup, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom