Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
There hasn't been a massive uptick in suicide. Say the experts.

Try again.

If they were experts they'd know that coroners in the UK are currently running about 6 months behind schedule - that's why the ONS report is covered in disclaimers suggesting caution when interpreting the data.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If they were experts they'd know that coroners in the UK are currently running about 6 months behind schedule - that's why the ONS report is covered in disclaimers suggesting caution when interpreting the data.

But somehow you know the truth right ;)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
And Sweden in Jan had more daily deaths from Corona than most of its neighbours had daily infections, so again hardly a shining example
It has had more deaths per day than all of its neighbouring all along? Sadly it is in the 70 plus age group also which makes me a bit angry as this was supposed to have been addressed...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It has had more deaths per day than all of its neighbouring all along? Sadly it is in the 70 plus age group also which makes me a bit angry as this was supposed to have been addressed...

More deaths from corona in Sweden in February alone than Finland has had this whole time from corona as an example

Sweden, its government and people are of course free to do as they please, but i find it odd to be used as an example of doing things right when its population is dying in droves

Ormorof

FH is my second home
And Japan as the final example, a few pages back you yourself @Bodhi posted that the research is indicating that because of Japans history with these viruses the population has a stronger immunity. So it seems odd for a nation that does not have this immunity to base their response based on what Japan does

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. Pointed that out before (when I brought the expert's analysis to the party).

He'll flip and twist any which way you like but he can't bring "abandoning lockdown will save lives - not kill people" to the party.

Good thing is we only have a couple more months to listen to this bullshit before we'll start to come out of lockdown anyway.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Vaccination is going too slow for that over here, UK doing pretty well on that front

The wifes 80 year old godmother not due to be vaccinated until April as an example :(

Yoni

More deaths from corona in Sweden in February alone than Finland has had this whole time from corona as an example

Sweden, its government and people are of course free to do as they please, but i find it odd to be used as an example of doing things right when its population is dying in droves
You can see and read for yourself that the problem in Sweden is with the over 70s NOONE has stated differently - we are not dying in droves - sadly however our elderly is dying too frequently.

Yoni

Vaccination is going too slow for that over here, UK doing pretty well on that front

The wifes 80 year old godmother not due to be vaccinated until April as an example :(
What % of the population has been done now in Finland? If over 4% it is doing comparatively well vs other EU nations?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

How is it meant to be addressed? It's a virus...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can see and read for yourself that the problem in Sweden is with the over 70s NOONE has stated differently - we are not dying in droves
Yes they are.

Your over 70's are dying in droves. It's laying waste to them.

They count
towards "Sweden is doing fucking shit" you know. You don't get to discount them just because they're old.

The young in Blighty aren't dying in droves. But our elderly are. And that's because we're shit and doing shit. Monumental mismanagement.

Just. Like. Sweden.

(Although we're worse).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"its just old people dying" is hardly a winning argument, and you guys are calling @Scouse the heartless one
Yeah - she's already got form for not giving a fuck about the olds that I called her on at the beginning of the pandemic.

I, on the other hand, think the deaths are horrific, the mental health issues horrid, the economic consequences dire.

But of those three things - you try to fix the first, as death, you know, is the most important.

But I'm the cunt.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Excess deaths (for all things) are recorded and inclusive of covid, non-covid excess deaths aren't actually that frightening, considering the circumstances and overall deaths would be much much higher if we hadn't locked down and would be much much lower if we had locked down properly in the first place instead of in out, in out, fanny it about, do the Tory Hokey Kokey and turn around...and so on.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Lockdowns, to stop it spreading. Early lockdowns and quickly.

Oh, wait...

This is kind of my point.

What else are you going to do? Put people who specifically work with old people into lockdown whilst letting everyone else have their freedom?

Yoni

"its just old people dying" is hardly a winning argument, and you guys are calling @Scouse the heartless one
I have expressed on so many ocassions most recently a few posts above re the elderly.... I have also stated that the failure in Sweden is the old people’s homes - not the other strategies <——— this seems to slip yours and Scouses mind frequently :/

Yoni

This is kind of my point.

What else are you going to do? Put people who specifically work with old people into lockdown whilst letting everyone else have their freedom?
Countries should do EVERYTHING to protect the vulnerable groups including vaccinating care workers and medical teams first. The rest of society should be able to function with less restrictions if this is done properly - this does not mean nightclubs theatres and pubs...

Yoni

Yes they are.

Your over 70's are dying in droves. It's laying waste to them.

They count towards "Sweden is doing fucking shit" you know. You don't get to discount them just because they're old.

The young in Blighty aren't dying in droves. But our elderly are. And that's because we're shit and doing shit. Monumental mismanagement.

Just. Like. Sweden.

(Although we're worse).
As seen by the statistics @Deebs and I were discussing earlier your young actually are dying comparatively in droves (go back a few pages).... oO

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
some of you lot need to find something better to do with all this free time you have

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the failure in Sweden is the old people’s homes - not the other strategies <——— this seems to slip yours and Scouses mind frequently :/
It seems to slip your mind that the failure in the old peoples homes may be related to the lack of physical obstruction of the virus in the wider society.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The facepalms are irrelevant @Bodhi You are wrong, have been proven to be wrong over and over and pulling some random tweet out of thin air won’t change that, the cold hard statistics are there to be judged.

Bodhi

I posted a few pages ago the concerns that the various mental health charities have had alongside a massive surge in volume of calls, if you think that isn't going to feed through into the figures I have a bridge to sell you.

Bodhi

The facepalms are irrelevant @Bodhi You are wrong, have been proven to be wrong over and over and pulling some random tweet out of thin air won’t change that, the cold hard statistics are there to be judged.

Hmmm, let me think about this.....

No.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Good to see everyone's still having a jolly good time over here (y)

Quick question, when did "old people" suddenly stop being part of a nation's population? Asking for a friend 👀

Embattle

FH is my second home
Good to see everyone's still having a jolly good time over here (y)

Quick question, when did "old people" suddenly stop being part of a nation's population? Asking for a friend 👀

Deebs wouldn't normally have any issue asking for himself :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom