Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What a fucking odd way ti persuade people to use the app.

A notification from the app isnt a legal requirement, but it is from a test trace NHS text.

What like, they are making this a 'perk' for downloading the app.
How can anyone take this seriously if they are not.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Really what the fuck was she thinking of? Complete massive tool. you just wonder what these people were thinking when doing such things.

I find it astonishing that people who are elected or who are associated with government are so utterly stupid, it is no wonder some of the public don't bother paying any attention.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
What a fucking odd way ti persuade people to use the app.

A notification from the app isnt a legal requirement, but it is from a test trace NHS text.

What like, they are making this a 'perk' for downloading the app.
How can anyone take this seriously if they are not.

Your lack of understanding amazes me.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not that I'm bothered, but why did you dislike it if you didn't understand it?

:rolleyes:

Gwadien

Cause it didnt work for me so disliked it cause the joke didnt work.

Personally, I think there's a distinct difference between not understanding a joke and not finding a joke funny.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Cause it didnt work for me so disliked it cause the joke didnt work.
Or because you assumed it was taking the piss out of your precious Tories. You need to understand something to be able to like or dislike it. If we went around disliking things just because we didn't understand them we'd all turn into @Job.

Gwadien

Or because you assumed it was taking the piss out of your precious Tories. You need to understand something to be able to like or dislike it. If we went around disliking things just because we didn't understand them we'd all turn into @Job.

If we were all Job though, who would we hate?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know it's a rainy Saturday people but cheer up!

Take a leaf out of @Wij's book and have a wank or something :)

Job

5 of our mates have it.

When I say have it, one who's a type 1 diabetic has pains , a cough and sneezing, no fever or loss of smell.
He lied about loss of smell to get a test...it wont let you book one if you can still smell.

So , all his pub mates have got tested, presumably by lying as well and they all came back positive, totally asymptomatic.

He's feeling better after three days.

Im not entirely convinced he has covid, that was just a fucking cold.
He can still smell and was sneezing.

Job

Also there are track trace scams going around, the wifes dragon boat club have posted on their facebook that two members recieved phone calls that they have been exposed to the virus and have to isolate.
Then they tried to get them to pay 50 quid for a test kit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Personally, I think there's a distinct difference between not understanding a joke and not finding a joke funny.
Thanks for telling me how you think. Seems we think differently. Disliking some thing doesnt have to be on your terms.
disliking it because it wasn’t a good joke because it needed explaining is a valid feeling.
it had nothing to do with what i think about the government @caLLous. But you guys just go ahead an push your premise on to me.

Job

This Guard article shows how muddied the waters are in our atempts to suppress the virus, its origins and the chances of an effective vaccine.

This paragraph alone should be of great concern to anyone thinking of rushing in to have the vaccine.
Do we really understand it enough.

Last edited:

Job

Wont let me edit.
This paragraph.
But if you later get infected with a second, different strain, you could be in trouble. The antibodies your immune system first made can actually make the disease worse when you encounter a slightly different strain of the virus.”
This drawback has plagued attempts to develop a vaccine for dengue fever. Triggering antibody production – as vaccines attempt to do – can enhance the disease’s impact, unless those antibodies are effective against all three dengue strains.

Gwadien

Wont let me edit.
This paragraph.
But if you later get infected with a second, different strain, you could be in trouble. The antibodies your immune system first made can actually make the disease worse when you encounter a slightly different strain of the virus.”
This drawback has plagued attempts to develop a vaccine for dengue fever. Triggering antibody production – as vaccines attempt to do – can enhance the disease’s impact, unless those antibodies are effective against all three dengue strains.

Congratulations, you're now aware of viruses and the issues that vaccines can cause.

You're only a few years behind everyone else :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This Guard article shows how muddied the waters are in our atempts to suppress the virus, its origins and the chances of an effective vaccine.

This paragraph alone should be of great concern to anyone thinking of rushing in to have the vaccine.
Do we really understand it enough.
You're straying into anti-vaxxer territory here.

The reason scientists have said to not rush the vaccine is they want to make sure it's safe. Governments (including ours) are pushing through corner-cuts - against loud advice from scientists on both efficacy and ethical grounds - to speed up delivery.

So if you want to make sure the vaccine has maximum time to be safely made then strictly adhere to social distancing advice - because if it's not endemic in the population then there is less pressure on it.

But don't go all anti-vaxxer because when vaccines are made they go through huge and wide ranging safety tests to ensure they do no harm.

Gwadien

You're straying into anti-vaxxer territory here.

The reason scientists have said to not rush the vaccine is they want to make sure it's safe. Governments (including ours) are pushing through corner-cuts - against loud advice from scientists on both efficacy and ethical grounds - to speed up delivery.

So if you want to make sure the vaccine has maximum time to be safely made then strictly adhere to social distancing advice - because if it's not endemic in the population then there is less pressure on it.

But don't go all anti-vaxxer because when vaccines are made they go through huge and wide ranging safety tests to ensure they do no harm.

Interestingly, its Trump saying we should rush it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom