Politics Coronavirus

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So Grouse shooting is exempt from Government rules, wouldn't want to ruin any donors weekend plans

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Target shooting is also exempt, so the range will remain rammed, I'll just shoot in a field.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So Grouse shooting is exempt from Government rules, wouldn't want to ruin any donors weekend plans
A lot of outdoor sports are.

Grouse shooting (whilst I've a lot of things against the whole shebang) can easily be socially distanced.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not a fan of Grouse shooting however I suspect the only people who won't social distance are the people who protest it :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm not a fan of Grouse shooting however I suspect the only people who won't social distance are the people who protest it :p

What are you saying?

People that don't support hunting (and therefore the Tories) are plebs that won't socially distance?

Gwadien

Facepalm and no response to a genuine question.

I'll take that as a yes then.

Fuck me, this Trump-esque way of dealing with questions is contagious isn't it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What are you saying?

People that don't support hunting (and therefore the Tories) are plebs that won't socially distance?
Hunt saboteurs.

But actually I disagree with @Embattle. I've a friend who owns and runs a shoot and I know a couple of people who protest them.

They all responsibly socially distance. If anything, the saboteurs are the more responsible.

Gwadien

Hunt saboteurs.

But actually I disagree with @Embattle. I've a friend who owns and runs a shoot and I know a couple of people who protest them.

They all responsibly socially distance. If anything, the saboteurs are the more responsible.

I know, but it appears that he's suggesting that people socially distance differently according to their politics.

Which seems like a bizarre statement to me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I know, but it appears that he's suggesting that people socially distance differently according to their politics.

You'll keep getting them with the endless dumbass assumptions you tend to make, you really aren't any better than Job as far as I'm concerned....little more than being the opposite side of the same coin.

Gwadien

You'll keep getting them with the endless dumbass assumptions you tend to make, you really aren't any better than Job as far as I'm concerned....little more than being the opposite side of the same coin.

That's because you never explain yourself.

It appears that Scouse came up with the same conclusion too?

What evidence do you have to suggest that sabs don't socially distance.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What are you saying?

I guess he proposed that the sabo’s dont know how to social distance. Dont necessarily agree with that. But i dont think he was saying a whole class of people are unclean.
that was all you. And your widening of the subject matter to the nth degree.

Gwadien

I guess he proposed that the sabo’s dont know how to social distance. Dont necessarily agree with that. But i dont think he was saying a whole class of people are unclean.
that was all you. And your widening of the subject matter to the nth degree.

I'm not widening the subject at all.

He suggested that a clearly politically divided issue would have one side of people who are capable at social distancing whilst the other isn't.

I'm just confused how he's come to such a conclusion.

But I ain't gonna get an answer just gonna be called Job of the left. Which further proves my point.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think Job of the left would be one of those outraged feminists that shout a lot.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm not widening the subject at all.

He suggested that a clearly politically divided issue would have one side of people who are capable at social distancing whilst the other isn't.

I'm just confused how he's come to such a conclusion.

But I ain't gonna get an answer just gonna be called Job of the left. Which further proves my point.
Think it was just a throw away comment that wasnt based off any data.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think it was just a throw away comment that wasnt based off any data.
But it fits his politics. You know what he thinks through his facepalm patterns but he hasn't the gumption to articulate and discuss like an adult with fully formed ideas.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But it fits his politics. You know what he thinks through his facepalm patterns but he hasn't the gumption to articulate and discuss like an adult with fully formed ideas.
Sometimes you guys take this place too seriously. Chill for a change

Gwadien

Sometimes you guys take this place too seriously. Chill for a change

Interestingly, I think the atmosphere on this forum has turned much more serious in recent years.

The concept of 'don't discuss politics because you might upset people' is bollocks, and that's why I like this forum, and there have been heated discussions in the past, but generally speaking everyone used to lay into each other, but at the end of the day, it wasn't personal.

Now it seems that everyone just wants to jump down each others throat and get personal when someone is asked a difficult question and appear to take jokes/criticism of their own politics personally.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
People are snowflakes but then there is a lot on atm that frankly deserves outrage.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

That's clearly the case in the US, and lots of other places. I'm not sure why you think its bizarre; the libertarian strain of "my freedom isn't to be infringed by your desire to not die" is pretty well-established. An old biddy not wearing a mask in my local supermarket the other day was thrown out by the manager while loudly shouting about her "rights".

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is why the WHO told us not to wear masks for decades.
Practically no one follows the strict procedure.

They are now just a visible badge of conformity to care.

Gwadien

This is why the WHO told us not to wear masks for decades.
Practically no one follows the strict procedure.

They are now just a visible badge of conformity to care.

Probably one of the strangest posts you've ever made.

Are you suggesting that no-one follows procedure, and your evidence is a page on how to follow procedure?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Probably one of the strangest posts you've ever made.

Are you suggesting that no-one follows procedure, and your evidence is a page on how to follow procedure?
I would suggest many people wear masks and do not wash them between uses also they have their hands all over them. And then use those hands on other stuff before washing them.
same with gloves. Virtually pointless in the general population. Unless you change them every change of environment it just gives a false sense of security.
at least masks are somewhat effective even if you use them wrong.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would suggest many people wear masks and do not wash them between uses also they have their hands all over them. And then use those hands on other stuff before washing them.
same with gloves. Virtually pointless in the general population. Unless you change them every change of environment it just gives a false sense of security.
at least masks are somewhat effective even if you use them wrong.

You still need to stay very aware, but 150-200 hours usage with the filter... bit pricey though:

Job

The advice, which was THE scientific consensus up till half way through this pandemic, when it became political and a social media hot potato.

The advantage of partially blocking airborne was far outweighed by the mishandling of masks.
Of course they are 'adjusting' their conclusions to fit the pressures by governments to have a visible fix for getting everyone back together again.
You will notice all the advice is about meeting of groups, masks are barely mentioned and if they were so important the hilarious scenario of maskless pubs and restaurants while having to wear one in Tescos wouldnt be a thing.

Gwadien

The advice, which was THE scientific consensus up till half way through this pandemic, when it became political and a social media hot potato.

The advantage of partially blocking airborne was far outweighed by the mishandling of masks.
Of course they are 'adjusting' their conclusions to fit the pressures by governments to have a visible fix for getting everyone back together again.
You will notice all the advice is about meeting of groups, masks are barely mentioned and if they were so important the hilarious scenario of maskless pubs and restaurants while having to wear one in Tescos wouldnt be a thing.

That's probably got to do with using your mouth in a pub or a restaurant, whilst you don't in Tesco.

At the end of the day though, that statement is complete bollocks. Are you suggesting that if nobody wore a mask then we'd have less cases of covid?

Job

Well duh.
If they were serious about masks they wouldnt allow pubs and restaurants to open which is far more dangerous because it attracts the groups and families they are worried about, while Tescos is random people.

Its for the economy, and masks in shops is next to pointless against nightlife.
Public transport is reasonable because of the very enclosed space and time sat next to people.

Gwadien

Well duh.
If they were serious about masks they wouldnt allow pubs and restaurants to open which is far more dangerous because it attracts the groups and families they are worried about, while Tescos is random people.

Its for the economy, and masks in shops is next to pointless against nightlife.
Public transport is reasonable because of the very enclosed space and time sat next to people.

So you're actually saying that wearing masks is increasing the amount of covid cases?

I think that's a bold statement.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So you're actually saying that wearing masks is increasing the amount of covid cases?

I think that's a bold statement.

Its a bullshit statement just like I overheard a mum at the school the other day saying just you wait all these people wearing masks will be really sick when winter comes as they will be holding l the nasty germs inside their mask

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom