Politics Coronavirus

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I didn't know you could "assure" away a virus. Sounds like complete bull to me.

I think they are moving a bit too quickly myself. Next Tuesday places like builders merchants are opening again, so the builders etc can go back to work. Two or three in a van, fuck all chance of distancing.
There was mention of relaxing the lock down in lower affected areas. Almeria Province where we are had zero new cases or deaths yesterday. It's sparsely populated and has been one the lowest affected areas since this started. Can't see that working either. It's Easter weekend in a (very) catholic country and already the fucktards from up north are trying to get to their coastal holiday homes. There are queues in town apparently for the big supermarket, it's like a busy bank holiday in the UK down there. So all buying lots of food to feed their visiting families no doubt.
We will be staying put until it's cleared. We have food to eat well for 3 weeks and not starve for 5 weeks.
Mrs Yuck is currently baking an Orange sponge cake :clap:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think they are moving a bit too quickly myself. Next Tuesday places like builders merchants are opening again, so the builders etc can go back to work. Two or three in a van, fuck all chance of distancing.
There was mention of relaxing the lock down in lower affected areas. Almeria Province where we are had zero new cases or deaths yesterday. It's sparsely populated and has been one the lowest affected areas since this started. Can't see that working either. It's Easter weekend in a (very) catholic country and already the fucktards from up north are trying to get to their coastal holiday homes. There are queues in town apparently for the big supermarket, it's like a busy bank holiday in the UK down there. So all buying lots of food to feed their visiting families no doubt.
We will be staying put until it's cleared. We have food to eat well for 3 weeks and not starve for 5 weeks.
Mrs Yuck is currently baking an Orange sponge cake :clap:

There was talk about relaxing the lockdown in Ireland for everywhere except Dublin (60% of cases are in Dublin), but I don't think the idea has gone anywhere; turning Dublin into Escape From New York doesn't sound like a well-thought out plan.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
There was talk about relaxing the lockdown in Ireland for everywhere except Dublin (60% of cases are in Dublin), but I don't think the idea has gone anywhere; turning Dublin into Escape From New York doesn't sound like a well-thought out plan.

Make a good movie though "to be sure".

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sweden are stating they are potentially at plateau stage which is good considerieng their social measures have been less stringent than other countries in the world. I was thinking about that a lot and if it is so has to do with population density. Yes Stockholm and to some extent the smaller citieis have a high pop density but much much lower than the UK (Stockholms population is lower than Birminham but higher than leeds). London has c.0.7mio less people living in it than the whole of Sweden. If you can imagine the population of London is in the 91% part of the map (Sundbyberg a district just north of the city has the highest population density of 4.9k per KMsq vs Islington 16,097 per KMsq). It doesn't explain the differences in strategy between Sweden and its neighbouring Scandinavian countries though oO
upload_2020-4-8_17-12-26.pngupload_2020-4-8_17-13-49.pngupload_2020-4-8_17-21-14.png

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No quick deliveries of COVID-19 ventilators, EU says

I guess that's why we declined to join, as Brussels can't be expected to do anything quickly or efficiently.

Useless tossers.
It's a pandemic. Everybody's struggling...

Billionaire Dyson’s 10,000 Ventilators Risk Missing Coronavirus ‘Peak Week’ In U.K. Hospitals
The UK needs more ventilators and fast. But the maths doesn’t add up | WIRED UK
Trump said Boris Johnson's government asked him for 200 ventilators as the UK 'needed them desperately'

Also, the EU scheme runs alongside what each individual member is doing so there really was no harm in being part of it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fairly pointless argument, plenty of blame to go around if you want to be ass and pick out stuff in these unprecedented times.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Feels to me like Italy is a state in terminal decline; infrastructure collapsing and a birthrate so low that entire towns are being depopulated; I know personally several young Italians who came to live in Ireland just for a year or so and have never gone back because they feel there's no future there (we've had a couple of Italian Au Pairs in the last few years and their friends in and out of the house). Covid-19 is just the cherry on top.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Feels to me like Italy is a state in terminal decline; infrastructure collapsing and a birthrate so low that entire towns are being depopulated; I know personally several young Italians who came to live in Ireland just for a year or so and have never gone back because they feel there's no future there (we've had a couple of Italian Au Pairs in the last few years and their friends in and out of the house). Covid-19 is just the cherry on top.

Pics of italian au pairs tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Funny that, this is why my Dad and his Mum left Italy in the early 60's and came to the UK.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom