Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Has there even been out breaks in latin america or africa. I hear about za from people i know there. But there seems to be huge swathes of the world that are not being reported on in this thing

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I really don't think have a mask is all that useful. May make you feel better about going to shops but probably not necessary.
Washing your hands and staying well clear of people is of more benefit.

We keep hearing that and yet the medical staff are crying out for them?
Either way it stops me from inadvertently touching my face while out shopping and it does also make me feel more secure.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Has there even been out breaks in latin america or africa. I hear about za from people i know there. But there seems to be huge swathes of the world that are not being reported on in this thing

General consensus is that Brazil is going through a shitstorm but because Bolsonaro is a total bellend we'll never know the real numbers. They have 20K confirmed and 1000 dead but they're only reporting on in-hospital testing and they've basically closed nothing down, with Bolsonaro even refusing to endorse social distancing.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
We keep hearing that and yet the medical staff are crying out for them?
Either way it stops me from inadvertently touching my face while out shopping and it does also make me feel more secure.

If you are medical staff then yes you would wear it incl a full face mask to protect you eyes and gowns to cover your clothes.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If you are medical staff then yes you would wear it incl a full face mask to protect you eyes and gowns to cover your clothes.

Whats good for the goose.....
I wear my reading glasses while walking around the shop, shoes off at door, clothes straight into the wash and I take a shower. So I guess you could say that's what I'm doing.
I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Todays numbers are in for Almeria Province, 3 new infections, 10 cured, 0 deaths.
Fingers crossed.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Figures today in Sweden are way too low due to Easter - Tuesday will be a huge day as they catch up...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Whats good for the goose.....
I wear my reading glasses while walking around the shop, shoes off at door, clothes straight into the wash and I take a shower. So I guess you could say that's what I'm doing.
I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing.

Yes no problem being paranoid. As long as someone doesn't run off with your shoes!
I see people in their cars wearing a mask which seems a bit crazy to me.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Figures today in Sweden are way too low due to Easter - Tuesday will be a huge day as they catch up...

I vaguely remember the death figure for the 8th showing that the majority of that days figure was made up from deaths on 1-6th with something like 125 coming from the day before.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fe69289ac-7be3-11ea-850e-8afb79ccdc9a.jpg

Yoni

Just had Easter video quiz with my mum, 4 siblings with partners in the back ground and nieces.... interesting times

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just had Easter video quiz with my mum, 4 siblings with partners in the back ground and nieces.... interesting times

My missus' work have been running quizzes on Friday nights for the last few weeks on Zoom; pretty good fun actually.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My mum goes to church on Zoom now. It's chaos, they might as well not bother (from a sky fairy pov), but she does enjoy it and it keeps her in touch with everybody. Also, the folks who only spend Summer down here can "attend" from wherever they may be, which keeps them included.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My mum goes to church on Zoom now. It's chaos, they might as well not bother (from a sky fairy pov), but she does enjoy it and it keeps her in touch with everybody. Also, the folks who only spend Summer down here can "attend" from wherever they may be, which keeps them included.
My mum is god bothering remotely now, says it works fine. They use facebook though i think. As most of the congregation know how to use it

Yoni

Mum hasn’t found out how to do that or I am sure sue would be praying to her sky fairy at virtual mass.

Yoni

I really do not see how conjecture and blame is going to help everyone now - in this moment?

Attachments

• 7EDD526E-111F-4CB4-AE4C-89CBF8DBAA78.jpeg
    7EDD526E-111F-4CB4-AE4C-89CBF8DBAA78.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 10

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I really do not see how conjecture and blame is going to help everyone now - in this moment?
What an utter crock of shit that some fucking arts student made up there.

"I practice quietude, patience relationships and creativity" - ROFL!! Sounds like the sort of bullshit they preach in my psychotic brother's hippy self-help groups that haven't pulled him out o

Despite maintaining a "happy emotional state" and "spreading hope" (to those who need it), remaining "empathetic with myself and with others" and making "my talents available to those who need them" whilst "recognising we are all trying to do our best" I'm not about to ditch my strongest attributes - my intellect and my ability to express my thoughts - when it comes to the cause of excess death from coronavirus in the UK.

Despite the benefit of hindsight - examples of exactly what was happening around the world and explicit pleas from knowledgeable experts going through the epidemic before us to "not make the same mistakes we did" - our government failed to listen. It did not heed the warnings and take the correct measures at the correct times.

This failure has lead to more death than was necessary.

Not "hardship". Not "unemployment". Not wife-beating. But significant amounts of actual, verifiable, avoidable death.

Nice-sounding but totally not evidence-based pie-charts designed to tell me to "shut the fuck up" isn't going to silence utterly correct and deserved criticism of our political masters who're going to come out of this shitstorm, shrug, point at the rest of the world and go "shit happens" - and we'll suck it down.

This shit was avoidable in so many ways - starting long before coronavirus was a thing. We've all imagined how we could have done things differently in our own lives given the benefit of hindsight. Well, when it came to these thousand-deaths-a-day we HAD it.

Telling people to STFU when they rightly want to criticize the actions of their political leaders in some attempt to hold them to account for the deaths it was their job to prevent is intellectual cowardice at best. But, in reality, is an utterly abhorrent case of denialism and fatalism.

Yoni

What good do you think you are doing? do you think getting angry and pointing fingers is going to help the doctors and nurses who dont have enough PPE, do you think that articles like that are going to really help people who have lost loved ones? I am not sure what you are trying to achieve? I am not telling you to shut up I just don't see how it is helping anyone? Everyone is aware that many governments (not just the UK) in the world have fucked up and yes of course when the crisis is done they will be held accountable... I just think now is a time for community and helping out when and where you can..

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Because if it is not said now it never will be, after this is over people will then say please let us forget it and then when it is time to vote again people will say they have changed and wont cut our services anymore and then when they do people will be like shit i wont ever vote for them again and the cycle will just repeat. The best time to make a change is always in the moment when the dangers of not changing previously are highlighted.

Yoni

What changes exactly do you believe will happen now?

Yoni

Sorry? What exactly is my attitude seeing as you seem to know me so well?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Well it is you asking why we should be trying to change things to potentially save ourselves, if you think the Politicians will be made accountable for their decisions after this is over you are sadly mistaken. Atleast here in the UK.

Yoni

Where did I say you shouldn’t try to change? I asked what is the point in getting angry and pointing fingers? I cannot see how that is helping?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
At this moment all the bickering/political score pointing is achieving absolutely fuckall but just bring negativity to everything. We do not talk about how many have recovered, we do not talk about how many get the virus yet show no symptoms whatsoever. If you are going to blame the Government at least blame the medical and scientific advisors at the same time as they the Government has consistently said it is following their advice. Blame the twats who did and are still going out to mass gatherings.

There are PPE shortages but at the same time doctors/nurses are posting videos saying that they have plenty of PPE. The issue is distribution, the Government mobilized the Army to help but at the same time the number and amount of destinations which require PPE shot through the roof. I can guarantee that after we emerge from this questions WILL be asked for a long time after.

Christ we still do not have a vaccine and the facilities to mass produce this on a global level, not just the UK. Everyone is fighting for the same PPE, the same drugs, the same equipment. Unless we come together as a people and help the world will not suffer this lightly. There is already talk of 2nd and 3rd waves to come.

Infighting is what destroys society. This is exactly what we are doing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I am so fucking intelligent you should all listen to me.

Maybe you could use that fearsome intellect to advise the CSA and CMO on the best course of action in future? After all, they've been calling the shots since the beginning, with UK Gov supporting them with whatever they need.

Also intriguing that you are basing you entire rant on a Guardian article which is wrong. 980 people didn't die in one day, as Embattle pointed out earlier.

But apart from that, carry on.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I can guarantee that after we emerge from this questions WILL be asked for a long time after.
I'm sure they will, but will they be answered? We've already got the beeb telling their reporters not to ask difficult questions in interviews and the sham press briefings. Not only that, the gov are very selective about who they even let pose questions and they're bound to be vetting all the questions in advance.

This government is already notorious for suppressing reports (one of which, ironically enough, was about the pandemic trial run they put the NHS through a couple of years ago) - if you think they're suddenly going to become introspective and wonderfully transparent when the dust settles after this then I have a bridge to sell you. Holding them to account while it's going on is the only way anything will ever change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom