Politics Coronavirus

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The information on that graph are not accurate - Sweden have had recommendations in place since mid March. The have not and legally are unable to order a lockdown so they should be orange for National recommendations.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just had our numbers for today and the death rate has gone up again, 743 reported for the last 24 hours.
Forth week in lockdown here and still it goes on.
Hospitals always play catch up a bit over the weekend. Its why numbers were down a bit on sat and sun. But this will be in place for another 3 weeks at least i guess and then only small relaxations. Until or unless there is a vaccine we all will get it at some point (most) all we are doing at the moment is eeking out the nhs resources to make sure the amount infected at any one time dont swamp it. Mostly those who are pre destined to be affected badly will. Just their chances of getting better treatment are increased like this.

flattening the curve doesnt mean theres the ability for at least the next 12 months to avoid getting it

Yoni

I wonder what happens at the end for all of you in strict lockdown? When you re start society will it start all over again - mass vaccinations are a while off.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think a lot of companies have realised that a lot of staff work fine remotely, so might not need as big offices

That said im a talker and miss it :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
I wonder what happens at the end for all of you in strict lockdown? When you re start society will it start all over again - mass vaccinations are a while off.

They'll loosen it where they can, but it'll all come down to how well the NHS etc can manage.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well once they loosen it it that will be it. They wouldnt be able to revert back again.

Not really, I saw someone describe it as a tap that pours water into a bucket that has a small hole in it. The aim is not to pour water in to the bucket so fast that it overflows the bucket, you do it by controlling the tap.

Water = People/Patients
Bucket = NHS
Tap = Restrictions

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not really, I saw someone describe it as a tap that pours water into a bucket that has a small hole in it. The aim is not to pour water in to the bucket so fast that it overflows the bucket, you do it by controlling the tap.

Water = People/Patients
Bucket = NHS
Tap = Restrictions

Yes I know that analogy but as soon as you start relaxing rules it will be difficult to tighten them again. I think people will get really fed up if you mess about by relaxing and then restricting rules again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just fucking busy.

Finished work an hour ago. Back on at 7:30 :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How long's @Job been banned for then @Deebs?

I'd say this place is the only place on the internet where he gets alternative views but to be honest he does go around the net getting kicked off things...

Yoni

They'll loosen it where they can, but it'll all come down to how well the NHS etc can manage.
What does that mean though for you - does this mean that those who are very sensitive to this will be shut in until there is a vaccine ?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How long's @Job been banned for then @Deebs?

I'd say this place is the only place on the internet where he gets alternative views but to be honest he does go around the net getting kicked off things...
30 day holiday.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Testing alone isn't enough, you need either heard immunity providing it is true that should you had it you can't get it again or a vaccine.

What does that mean though for you - does this mean that those who are very sensitive to this will be shut in until there is a vaccine ?

I would suspect the 1.5 million high risk category, such as myself, will be the last to get out. After all our lockdown started out with at least a 12 week minimum whereas the general population is on 3 week review.

Embattle

FH is my second home
3 week review is bullshit.

12 week minimum.

I stated it as a comparison of where the idea was at the start, naturally nothing is going to change at the moment and I can easily see the majority hitting 12 weeks whereas those in the vulnerable category will probably be in for quite a while longer.

Yoni

Testing alone isn't enough, you need either heard immunity providing it is true that should you had it you can't get it again or a vaccine.
I guess Sweden will be up on herd immunity so we will know shortly.

Right now living here is surreal - there is a big divide growing between Swedish people and non-Swedish people. I am currently leaning towards Swedish pov- there was an excellent article written in DN.se to explain why they are working in a different way and there were some very valid points which 8 agree with.
Folkhälsomyndighetens Johan Carlson: Det är klart att det kan kännas lite skrämmande - DN.SE

For those who can be arsed

Ormorof

FH is my second home
As death toll grows pressure will grow for Sweden to follow suit, especially as it looks like in DK and Finland it seems to have helped, of course if restrictions are lifted and cases skyrocket again then it may prove not to be a long term solution.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks of working from home with official restriction not ending for another 5 weeks but even after that doubt anyone will be back in offices until June, and if not June then might as well push it through the summer

Yoni

As death toll grows pressure will grow for Sweden to follow suit, especially as it looks like in DK and Finland it seems to have helped, of course if restrictions are lifted and cases skyrocket again then it may prove not to be a long term solution.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks of working from home with official restriction not ending for another 5 weeks but even after that doubt anyone will be back in offices until June, and if not June then might as well push it through the summer
I think that Sweden are too far down the road. The new government powers will not be in place until 18th April (a week away).

Yoni

Intensive care in Sweden publicise their statistics and this graph shows the main risk groups being admitted:

Attachments

• C2395ADE-6788-43B0-A08A-ED7B7F8CBC2B.png
    C2395ADE-6788-43B0-A08A-ED7B7F8CBC2B.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 6

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Singapore who pursued a testing and contact tracing strategy which lots of people lauded is now reverting to a European lockdown strategy. Sweden will go that way. We're going to be suffering it for months. People need to stop kidding themselves about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom