Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You must have lived a very white white life Raven.

I lived 10 years in Bradford and about 18 in Nottingham. There *absolutely* are areas which are predominantly black, or pakistani, or indian. I know. I've lived there.

You must live a very sheltered life when the very concept offends you so.

What offence? WTF are you on about? Please be pointing out where I showed offence? Explicitly please. Thanks.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not ethnicity. But culture, absolutely.

Poor white people are taking the vaccine. Poor black people aren't.

Perhaps it may have something to do with the county right now, I'd imagine there would be northern Brexiteers not taking the jab if a pro-Remain/London centric Government were in place.

I think has more to do with it rather than some bizarre theory that multiple cultures all have an anti-vax belief.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sorry, but how did you manage to bring Brexit into it? Genuinely keen to check notes.

*especially when most of the EU are already at the shop smashing stage.

Gwadien

Sorry, but how did you manage to bring Brexit into it? Genuinely keen to check notes.

*especially when most of the EU are already at the shop smashing stage.

I was merely using it as something to put out the entrenched political divide that we have in the country.

I'm sure that vaccine uptake would have been much lower if we started doing it now for example, considering the increasing loss of trust that the Government is managing to achieve.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mmm. But what has that got to do with us being in the EU or not?

We aren't smashing up shops, we aren't rioting in the streets. EU countries are. You brought Brexit into it, why...and indeed, how?

Gwadien

I'm not saying it has anything to do with being in the EU, you brought that up.

I was just saying that there's heavy divide in the country currently, and one of those points of division is Brexit, which as London was an overwhelmingly Remain area only adds to the dislike and distrust of the Tories.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, I think you will find that you brought up Brexit.

Perhaps it may have something to do with the county right now, I'd imagine there would be northern Brexiteers not taking the jab if a pro-Remain/London centric Government were in place.

I think has more to do with it rather than some bizarre theory that multiple cultures all have an anti-vax belief.

What you will actually find is that nobody cares about the EU or Brexit...because we have more important things to think about, like what's on TV tonight.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What offence? WTF are you on about? Please be pointing out where I showed offence? Explicitly please. Thanks.
Black people, black areas? What the actual fuck?
??

BTW - Job was a racist fuck. I ain't. If you're mixing up with what I'm saying with racism then I'm kinda done talking to you about it. Sadly :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Nonsense. It's fuck all to do with politics.

Time to ditch your learned experience and look at the data with open eyes. There are cultural differences. These cultural differences are not because of the colour of people's skin - but the colour of people's skin puts them in the venn diagram of "thinks this sort of stuff" and "acts in this sort of way".

This is as true of white people as black people as asian people. And is only natural.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My mum spent a couple of hours in the hospital having her first pembrolizumab infusion, she isn't feeling great but hopefully it'll help in the end.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I truly hope so to @Embattle <3

Sweden going back in to their version of lockdown from 23rd will everyone working from home again restrictions in shops and also they are starting to use the vaccine cert however they have stated that this will be used more once enough people have had their boosters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had dinner with someone late last week that has tested positive, and now I feel like shit, taken a test that came back negative so hoping it's just a delayed reaction to the booster I had on Sunday.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Had dinner with someone late last week that has tested positive, and now I feel like shit, taken a test that came back negative so hoping it's just a delayed reaction to the booster I had on Sunday.
Had my booster yesterday and it's absolutely knocked me for six today.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I think I am OK but will test again in the morning. My 2 jabs were Pfizer and booster Moderna, so probably just a reaction...it's not like we shared a glass or anything, nobody else that was there has any symptoms.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think this virus is really odd... last tuesday an employee came in to the office and met everyone as normal (new normal ie a bit more distance etc). On Wednesday she informs her partner is positive but she has taken a test and is negative. Today she informs me that she has done another test as she was symptomatic and is positive... no one in my department of 25 has symptoms or is currently sick... 2 of the group we believe (not allowed to ask in SE are unvaccinated). The employee mentioned is double vaccinated.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Wife's just received a positive result - however thanks to a delay in getting tested and an even bigger delay in getting the results back her isolation period actually finishes tomorrow, which is nice. Wouldn't say she's had a great couple of weeks with it, fairly nasty cough and lost her sense of smell for a couple of days, but she's on the mend now and looking forward to being able to leave the house again.

I've been doing LFTs before going anywhere with close contact throughout - all negative, and zero symptoms. Quite impressive given I've woken up a couple of times in the night and she's been literally coughing over me.

Considering various scientists will tell me 2 shots of AZ can no longer protect me from it, my educated guess is there's some immunity from a previous infection doing some heavy lifting - say I dunno from December 2019 :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't believe scientists have said 2 shots will no longer protect, they said it is less effective. I still had antibodies from my 2 AZ vaccines in my blood even before my booster.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Just incase a few of you werent aware, when you go for your booster you may be able to request what you want. At least i could anyway (had it at a pharmacy). Cant remember the name of what i was offered but requested pfizer as my first two vaccines were those (had zero after-effects) and they said that it was fine to have it.

My mum (79) had all three pfizer too and didnt have any effects either. Morale of the story: send your family to get jabbed first and bet on the chances that your body will / wont react based on their experience (scientifically unproven :p - my experience).

Embattle

FH is my second home
Apart from a sore/tight shoulder I was fine, my sister had that and felt like shit the day after.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Had the letter a couple of days ago. My booster is towards the end of Jan. I don't really care what I have - had pfizer for the first two and commented that "why do i know who produced it - I never asked for measles?"

Kinda hoping I get a different one. Mix and match was fine for Woolworths. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom