Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If a new variant that came out that the vaccines weren't great with would you accept another lockdown then @Scouse ?

Just checking if there's a bit of imalrightjackisms going on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If a new variant that came out that the vaccines weren't great with would you accept another lockdown then @Scouse ?
If <insert whatever fantasy you like> occurs in the future I would support whatever actions are sensible to deal with it at that time.

I think that's the only reasonable response - but yet again, you're not even remotely on-topic.

Right now we've beaten covid - vaccines is the end game. If you are vaccinated then you are as safe as you are ever going to be.

This, however:
Just checking if there's a bit of imalrightjackisms going on.
Isn't appliccable. We're all alright. On a voluntary basis.

I repeat: If you've chosen to have the vaccine you've chosen to protect yourself. If you choose otherwise then fair enough.

It's not reasonable to condemn the whole country to procedural obstruction when we're safe, if we choose to be so.

Gwadien

If <insert whatever fantasy you like> occurs in the future I would support whatever actions are sensible to deal with it at that time.

I think that's the only reasonable response - but yet again, you're not even remotely on-topic.

Right now we've beaten covid - vaccines is the end game. If you are vaccinated then you are as safe as you are ever going to be.

This, however:

Isn't appliccable. We're all alright. On a voluntary basis.

I repeat: If you've chosen to have the vaccine you've chosen to protect yourself. If you choose otherwise then fair enough.

It's not reasonable to condemn the whole country to procedural obstruction when we're safe, if we choose to be so.

The professionals are saying you need your booster to be protected against the new strain, I'm under 30 and therefore unable to get mine so I'm not alright, jack.

Professionals are also suggesting we could see 25k to 75k deaths this winter - is that acceptable to you?

If the public were a bit smarter I'd agree with you.

I don't agree with covid passports and stuff nor do I agree with full lockdowns - you should be able to see people just not in crowded places.

I just think we should wait (and should have had measures in place) until after this winter.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The professionals are saying you need your booster to be protected against the new strain, I'm under 30 and therefore unable to get mine so I'm not alright, jack.

Professionals are also suggesting we could see 25k to 75k deaths this winter - is that acceptable to you?

If the public were a bit smarter I'd agree with you.

I don't agree with covid passports and stuff nor do I agree with full lockdowns - you should be able to see people just not in crowded places.

I just think we should wait (and should have had measures in place) until after this winter.
Have you seen the data coming out of South Africa with regard to the Omicron variant?

Gwadien

Have you seen the data coming out of South Africa with regard to the Omicron variant?

Nope.

Whatever it says, I still 100% believe we should always err on the side of caution *every time*

Every historian/pandemicisticalistologist? would repeat the same message; we've had pandemics in the past that have been infinitely worse than Covid, and it's very likely one will crop up in the future, and it's our reaction to it is frankly embarrassing, knowing all our history and the knowledge of what nature can throw at us. I just think it makes logical sense to have some kind of preparation for it, which would make our prevention style less damaging to society, the economy and mental health, so when it does come up, we panic and fuck everything up, but there isn't any political willpower for it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I haven't had a cold in 2 years so I'm quite happy with "the new normal" tbh.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm starting to get a little bit panicky about it. Wife is due to give birth next month and obviously if I get it i won't be able to be in hospital with her. Think we will be in a self imposed lockdown post Christmas.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Considering nearly all of that will be made up of the unvaccinated - absolutely, yes, 100%.

It's their choice to remain unvaccinated. It's their risk to take.

I'm not remotely worried about it any more despite knowing, 100%, that I'll get it at some point. Because we all will and no matter what we do, there is no avoiding that. Ever.

Covid is now a disease a bit like a really fucking nasty flu. We're all going to get it and it's likely we'll have a yearly booster shot for the rest of our lives. All humans will, forever. It's what it is.

It's a new reality - and nothing is left that justifies interfering in anyone's life any more.

Wearing your masks, making sure you wash your hands, not being a dick and rocking up places when you think you've "only got a cold". That's pretty much all that is justifiable (and a completely reasonable ask). Nothing else is warranted and is down to idiot fear, bitterness or the desire to kick other people.

Covid is over. As over as it'll ever be. Roll on the next disease - because there'll likely be more of them. But until then, back to normal please.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm starting to get a little bit panicky about it. Wife is due to give birth next month and obviously if I get it i won't be able to be in hospital with her. Think we will be in a self imposed lockdown post Christmas.
Congrats :)

And sensible voluntary move IMO. We've both refused to go to al the christmas parties (the ones where they've insisted on being before christmas). If we catch it and fuck our xmas with our familes over we'd be pissed off. But after christmas then who gives a fuck tbpfh.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Congrats :)

And sensible voluntary move IMO. We've both refused to go to al the christmas parties (the ones where they've insisted on being before christmas). If we catch it and fuck our xmas with our familes over we'd be pissed off. But after christmas then who gives a fuck tbpfh.

Cheers!

Yes, same. Had one Xmas party last week with my good mates, but I've knocked all work ones on all the head. Not risking it for a few free beers with colleagues and clients, not worth it at all.

Gwadien

Considering nearly all of that will be made up of the unvaccinated - absolutely, yes, 100%.

It's their choice to remain unvaccinated. It's their risk to take.

I'm not remotely worried about it any more despite knowing, 100%, that I'll get it at some point. Because we all will and no matter what we do, there is no avoiding that. Ever.

Covid is now a disease a bit like a really fucking nasty flu. We're all going to get it and it's likely we'll have a yearly booster shot for the rest of our lives. All humans will, forever. It's what it is.

It's a new reality - and nothing is left that justifies interfering in anyone's life any more.

Wearing your masks, making sure you wash your hands, not being a dick and rocking up places when you think you've "only got a cold". That's pretty much all that is justifiable (and a completely reasonable ask). Nothing else is warranted and is down to idiot fear, bitterness or the desire to kick other people.

Covid is over. As over as it'll ever be. Roll on the next disease - because there'll likely be more of them. But until then, back to normal please.

But again, large amounts of the population haven't had all their vaccines, not out of choice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But again, large amounts of the population haven't had all their vaccines, not out of choice.
I've not had my booster yet either. I'm not scared. If you've had your first two vaccines then you're protected very well against death. Boosters offer protection against symptomatic disease - i.e. you'll not even know you've had it. Without a booster, you're more likely to feel ill. I can live with that.

The people who will die of this are the ones who've chosen to remain unvaccinated despite 18 months of the most stringent efforts.

Their loss.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Best thing. We had our second during all this and similar stuff was all part of the plan.

That said it was much better in the actual hospital because all the unnecessary guff was permitted. No noisy relatives traipsing though all hours, every Mum just got delivered a meal every mealtime (none of that you missed a sheet I'll see if I can find you a sandwich bollocks), Nurses were actually pretty chill as they just had to attend to the mum's, etc.

Gratz btw :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got my booster on Saturday, but seeing if I can bring it forward. The website is knackered.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

For those who haven't, it's currently killed less people than Michael Barrymore's swimming pool.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For those who haven't, it's currently killed less people than Michael Barrymore's swimming pool.
Not looked at it. All I know is our health experts are saying "it's too early to say". So for me, get your booster asap, just in case.

Of course, you'll agree with my points that there's no justification to interfere with our day to day lives or freedoms. :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not looked at it. All I know is our health experts are saying "it's too early to say". So for me, get your booster asap, just in case.

Of course, you'll agree with my points that there's no justification to interfere with our day to day lives or freedoms. :)
You should, SA scientists are some of the best in the world.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You should, SA scientists are some of the best in the world.
Scientists are the best in the world. Doesn't really matter where they come from. If you're good, you're using exactly the same toolset as every other scientist, everywhere - the science hammer :)

Happy for our experts to make those decisions tbh. If SAGE are saying "too early to tell" then that's fine. It means they're not willing to pin their flag to emerging science, in the knowledge that "looks promising" can change with further research.

Because of that I'm happy for the UK experts to tell us what the best policy is regards vaccinations.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
An abundance of caution since you can't know how dangerous it would be until too late to have any real effect on the outcome.

I'm sure someone will find out that the person who died had a health condition so they don't count.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm sure someone will find out that the person who died had a health condition so they don't count.
That'll be a shame. I suspect someone not vaccinated or as you suspect it'll likely be someone old with co-morbidity. But everyone counts.

But it's an interesting question. We can never completely even the playing field in terms of covid risks. Different people have different risk profiles. At what point is it reasonable to no longer ask, but force the majority to give up a lot of their freedoms to cater for the more vulnerable?

My position is when there's zero defence - no vaccine - then that's a reasonable and proportionate response for a period (but not an indefinite period) of time.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Much in the same way that if someone decides they don't want the vaccine - for whatever reason - their deaths don't seem to count either.

Seriously, some of the chat on this forum is like Good AIDS / Bad AIDS all over again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Much in the same way that if someone decides they don't want the vaccine - for whatever reason - their deaths don't seem to count either.

They count, of course. All of them do.

But should people bend over backwards for people that don't bother to help themselves? Sorry, but no.

If the unvaccinated are going to die in droves, it's their own fault. And whilst nobody is talking about celebrating their deaths - and fully understand the impacts on their families - I don't think the vaccinated should be making any accomodations any more.

Vaccines exist. Take them, or risk death.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Choose not to have vaccine: Your fault.
Can't have vaccine because of immune system problems: Not your fault.
More susceptible to death because of asthma: Not your fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom