Politics Coronavirus

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I just don't get sick.

I put it down to eating home cooked food and no processed food ever and riding my bike a lot.

Oh. And not having kids. :)
I have kids and eat tasty crap and have had fewer sick days than you.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Meh. Splitting hairs. Clearly eating crisps in your pants and getting no more exercise than getting off the sofa for another beer is the key to a healthy immune system.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You gobshites not taking sick days are the reason seasonal flu spreads so much and kills people. If you are sick take time to rest and recover away from everyone else dont be the dickhead "pushing through the pain", companies have insurance to cover your wages when you are sick it costs them nothing (and if they dont they are idiots). And if you are a contractor well that's part of the deal for earning more than permies no? Deal with it and stop infecting the rest of us
Outside of Nordic countries taking sick days or working from home due to a cold (pre covid) was a complete no no ….

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wtf are you on about? Taking sick days is encouraged if you are sick. Nothing fucks a department more than everyone having a cold.

Yoni

Agreed, however in 20 years of working in the UK taking time off for a cold (pre corona) was never actively encouraged - quite the opposite in fact…

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wtf are you on about? Taking sick days is encouraged if you are sick. Nothing fucks a department more than everyone having a cold.

No one listens to it.

Imagine how good my stats would be if people did?

People are afraid to be sick.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well lets see what they announce at 18:00 today then, something plan B like.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's laughably predictable. They've been saying "no plan B" for a few weeks now, and suddenly "time for plan B".

Every time he opens his mouth, expect the exact opposite.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm nowhere near as "muh freedoms" as some on here, but this seems fucking mental Swansea: Cinema & Co bolted shut amid Covid breach summons. If she is determined to keep it open, people go there knowing the risks... is it really that big a problem?
If she hadn't made such a big song and dance about how she wasn't going to comply I might have a bit of sympathy about the heavyhandedness of the response but she was 100% trying to start a "bUt WhAt AbOuT mY rIgHtS!" crusade, as loudly as possible, and it's fallen flat on its arse. What did she think was going to happen?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We shouldn't be pandering to it any more. We've had our vaccinations. Until or unless covid starts to kill the vaccinated we should consider it "done".

Other than easy wins to help protect the NHS (mask wearing, for example) we should't be accepting any further interference in our lives.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We shouldn't be pandering to it any more. We've had our vaccinations. Until or unless covid starts to kill the vaccinated we should consider it "done".

Other than easy wins to help protect the NHS (mask wearing, for example) we should't be accepting any further interference in our lives.

That's a very silly approach 'unless covid starts to kill the vaccinated' - if we get to that point, it'll be too late.

We've criticised the Government for being slow on everything, now you're suggesting we should encourage them to be slow?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's a very silly approach 'unless covid starts to kill the vaccinated' - if we get to that point, it'll be too late.

Horse has bolted. We're never "beating" it. Never.

If you accept that (and if you don't you're sadly deluded) then vaccination is the endgame - the point at which we should return to business as usual.

If the vaccines stop working there is a justification for futher interference. The only alternative is dancing around covid for the rest of our lives.

Fuck that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Open with managed risks. This idiot wasn't managing risks and told to close, she didn't, fuck her.

She will probably go out of business now. What a clever lady!

Yoni

Sweden are going downt he vaccinated route ie we will go to the cinema next week and we will only be allowed in if we bring our digital vaccine certificate and proof of ID (currently for over 100) it is thought however if the numbers do not improve then it will be brought in for restaurants and pubs also.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sweden are going downt he vaccinated route ie we will go to the cinema next week and we will only be allowed in if we bring our digital vaccine certificate and proof of ID (currently for over 100) it is thought however if the numbers do not improve then it will be brought in for restaurants and pubs also.
Papers please to get in to places forever?

That's what we're looking at.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just wait until you hear about driving licences...as the old meme goes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Tories really need to get a grip on this now, we aren't quite at the smashing up random shops stage but I reckon things are going to be turning pretty sour over the next few weeks. We need to introduce more restrictions but nobody is going to listen now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Upon request, yes.
And how many times gas that been requested in the last ten years Raven?

You're being disingenuous here.

I don't want to live in a world where I have to show papers to get about in day to day life. It's fucking shit. It's also unnecessary and pointless - covid is now going to be something the human race has to live with. Forever.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mmm, that's all very interesting and would be absolutely fine if everyone was vaccinated...but there are thousands of fuckwits still in the wild, who absolutely should be restricted from interacting with normal folk.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Happy to give up your freedoms because other people refuse to get vaccinated?

Very little danger to you because you're vaccinated, much more danger to them. Yet you'd have the majority of the population play a merry dance for these people.

It's fucking madness. Born out of hatred and a desire to kick other people.

You've had your vaccine. You are as protected against covid to the maximum you will ever be. You should now be free to live your life. Let others live theirs.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, I will happily kick anti vaxers. I would rather be able to go where I want and do what I want free from having to interact with these people

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, I will happily kick anti vaxers. I would rather be able to go where I want and do what I want free from having to interact with these people
So you want a fantasy - because it's not going to happen. They'll be getting round the easily-circumvented controls and carrying on not only as usual but emboldened in their belief that government is "big bad" and the rest of the population are "fucking sheep".

Meanwhile, the rest of the sensible world is obstructed from going about tgeir daily lives.

What a horrible world people like you would bring about. Instead of admitting, pragmatically, there's no winning here - you'll probably retreat into your fantasy that anti-vaxxers are the least bit suffering because of this.

Sad. Very sad. :(

Meanwhile, non-bitter pragmatists would like life to return to normal but are prevented because of other people's wasted emotion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How would you be obstructed from going about your daily life?

Its got nothing to do with emotion. I don't want to catch it, I do want to go back to "normal" anti vaxers can sit at home thinking up new conspiracy theories to their hearts content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom