Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

If this was 6 months ago, it would be all about how selfish customers won't wear masks.

I quite like the dummies though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Americans are fucking stupid, that's why.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Shes following the rules/guidelines. She could have made up some bullshit about a pilot no isolation scheme of course...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, except Scotland are getting out of control because she is playing the fiddle while it burns.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She hasn't caught Covid...
How do you know?

She's doing the responsible thing and self isolating.

You may hate her - and fair enough - but kicking her for doing the right thing is a bit low.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am kicking her because she is doing a demonstrably worse job than Boris due to the simple fact that she isn't even dealing with it, but rather flogging the indi dead horse. There are currently more important things to deal with than being a nationalist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am kicking her because she is doing a demonstrably worse job than Boris due to the simple fact that she isn't even dealing with it, but rather flogging the indi dead horse. There are currently more important things to deal with than being a nationalist.
It's under 25's. Unless she's going to stop the young being young...

I share your dislike of her but she's not responsible for youths going clubbing and sucking each other's faces off.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
She kind of is...

We need to start thinking about introducing more restrictions. I know it's shit, but immunity is now starting to wane for those vaccinated early. Seemingly more so in Skirtland.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She kind of is...

We need to start thinking about introducing more restrictions. I know it's shit, but immunity is now starting to wane for those vaccinated early. Seemingly more so in Skirtland.
If the vaccines don't give immunity long-term we're fucked. Boosters are on the way. But if we can't get on top of it I'm personally not willing to restrict my life to save others any more - or even potentially myself.

If a nearly 50-something feels this way then imagine how the young feel in what should be the freeest part of the prime of their lives?

Nah. Politicians rule by consent. Jimmy Krankie would be comitting political suicide by slowing up the lives of young people who well understand the risks to them are low - even if significant swathes of them are too stupid to understand they could be even lower if they'd just get a fucking jab.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If the vaccines don't give immunity long-term we're fucked. Boosters are on the way. But if we can't get on top of it I'm personally not willing to restrict my life to save others any more - or even potentially myself.

If a nearly 50-something feels this way then imagine how the young feel in what should be the freeest part of the prime of their lives?

Nah. Politicians rule by consent. Jimmy Krankie would be comitting political suicide by slowing up the lives of young people who well understand the risks to them are low - even if significant swathes of them are too stupid to understand they could be even lower if they'd just get a fucking jab.

In fairness it only seems to the be the mRNA vaccines which are showing antibody levels waning that quickly, AZ / J&J seem to be more of a slow burn. Less of an issue however, as we have a massive reservoir of previously infected people with strong immunity to fall back on.

Pretty much everyone is going to get it now - generally speaking if you're vaxxed you don't need to worry - most just get a cold and a nice immune system boost afterwards. If you've had it before you don't need to worry either. If you've had neither I'd suggest getting on the Govt website and getting hold of some monkey snot tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pretty much everyone is going to get it now - generally speaking if you're vaxxed you don't need to worry - most just get a cold and a nice immune system boost afterwards. If you've had it before you don't need to worry either. If you've had neither I'd suggest getting on the Govt website and getting hold of some monkey snot tbh.
Blimey @Bodhi. We agree! :D

/falls off settee

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm no doctor but my understanding of immunology is that the number of antibodies floating about your system isn't really important - it's the body's ability to create them on demand that is. As long as the body knows what Covid is and is able to produce antibodies on demand, I don't really see the issue. We'll keep updating vaccines and producing boosters until someone at some point invents something that can blitz the whole lot of them.

Bodhi

Isnt that herd immunity by another name? Which is what was suggested at the start. Baring the help from the vaccine

Not sure if I'd say it's herd immunity so much as endemicity, as in SARS2 has joined the other 4 endemic Human Coronaviruses that rattle round every winter (in the UK) that cause colds in the bulk of the population, but can still cause some issues if they get into a nursing home or hospital.

Bodhi

I'm no doctor but my understanding of immunology is that the number of antibodies floating about your system isn't really important - it's the body's ability to create them on demand that is. As long as the body knows what Covid is and is able to produce antibodies on demand, I don't really see the issue. We'll keep updating vaccines and producing boosters until someone at some point invents something that can blitz the whole lot of them.

Biggest issue I have with boosters isn't whether they are required or not - I am highly dubious on this part because, as you say just as antibody levels have dropped doesn't necessarily mean immunity is waning - it's how they can be tied into one of the slightly more concerning aspects of the pandemic response - the vaccine passport.

This has already been announced, and I believe Austria and a couple of other European countries are following suit. Effectively your "Green Pass" is only valid for 6 months after the second dose.

No booster even though you don't need it? No pub for you. Seems an almighty slippery slope to me, albeit a fantastic slope for Pfizer's bottom line.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not sure if I'd say it's herd immunity so much as endemicity, as in SARS2 has joined the other 4 endemic Human Coronaviruses that rattle round every winter (in the UK) that cause colds in the bulk of the population, but can still cause some issues if they get into a nursing home or hospital.
Yeah getting to a stage where it doesnt spread so much because a lot of people have some immunity and then if they do get it its not a bad infection.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Isnt that herd immunity by another name? Which is what was suggested at the start. Baring the help from the vaccine
No. Herd immunity is enough people being immune to stop spreading.

This is infecting people regardless of previous contagion or vaccination - it's just killing them less because of it. Herd immunity doesn't really seem to be getting conferred.

"Barring help from the vaccine" is a bizarre statement because without the vaccine to attempt to get herd immunity you'd simply kill loads of people so at what point is "barring the vaccine" relevant? In fact - all this shows conclusively that herd immunity was a white elephant of a policy that would simply have killed a load of people for no reason - as we'd have allowed the virus to spread whilst not conferring herd immunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom