Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You wait until the vast majority of the public is vaccinated. Which is exactly what this government doesn't seem to want to do.
The vast majority is vaccinated. Over 65% double jabbed and over 80% with at least one jab. If they aren’t majoritys. Or vast majorities. What is?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm siding with the healthcare professionals who are saying 'can we chill out with hyping everyone with freedom day until cases have declined?'
Yes its not a freedom day. Its a day that we get to make choices.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Considering the population density in the UK care needs to be taken you have experienced what happens when you try to follow other countries with a much lower population density.... As for making choices looking back to last year it was obvious that there are elements of the UK population who are incapable of making good choices... the crowds at euro 2021 were not at distance ..... it was like watching a virus multiply in a petri dish....

1626467078133.png

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The vast majority is vaccinated. Over 65% double jabbed and over 80% with at least one jab. If they aren’t majoritys. Or vast majorities. What is?
That's adults. Not the total population.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But they can still harbour the virus and give it a chance to mutate, or infect others, or get long covid,
Same with many other seasonal viruses.

so would you prefer lockdown till this time next year? As current non freedom rules are sucking.

or try to move to a place where the virus is endemic but not more than the nhs can cope with?

Embattle

FH is my second home

so would you prefer lockdown till this time next year? As current non freedom rules are sucking.

or try to move to a place where the virus is endemic but not more than the nhs can cope with?

Stop suggesting the extreme when caution is the main thing being suggested, also stop trying to sound like William Wallace.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Our government and many other governments have track records of acting way too late.

We can't control the virus. When we usually lockdown so the NHS can cope it's usually already too late and we have to have a longer lockdown and probably another one after that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think we will be going into another lockdown, and we probably have to just live with it now. But, we should not be in this state, and the major reason we are is that we didn't close our borders to certain countries where this variant was rife. The reason we didn't close the border earlier was because a trade deal was being done at the time.

Peak Tory.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't think there'll be a lockdown but it's interesting how "irreversible" has quietly been dropped from the Tories' vocabulary over the last week or so when describing the removal of restrictions. I wouldn't be surprised to see mask-wearing on public transport coming back and maybe indoor restrictions for pubs/restaurants etc.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think there'll be a lockdown but it's interesting how "irreversible" has quietly been dropped from the Tories' vocabulary over the last week or so when describing the removal of restrictions. I wouldn't be surprised to see mask-wearing on public transport coming back and maybe indoor restrictions for pubs/restaurants etc.

A lot of words were dropped in the last couple of weeks, anything to do with over over playing the rule change.

Yoni

I think there are elements of society that could be kept closed without people feeling trapped in isolation and screaming breach of human rights ie nightclubs (breeding ground for contagion for the younger generation that are not fully vaccinated) it is a sorry state of affairs that the UK had the virus in the bag but now due to some really really retarded decision making the UK is losing its advantage it got due to the good vaccination programme.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What a remarkable coincidence that Johnson and Sunak were randomly chosen to take part in the "daily testing instead of isolating" pilot scheme. The (slightly more believable) alternative is that they've made up a "daily testing instead of isolating" pilot scheme just for Johnson and Sunak so they don't have to isolate.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Completely and utterly shameless.

Acting like they just got caught with their fingers in the staff.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

35.7M people in the UK are fully vaccinated. That's 53.6%. About 46.3M people have at least one dose, or 69.4%.

That is not the vast majority. That is a massive pool of people who can harbour the virus, allow it to mutate and spread, while also irreversibly damaging their internal organs and life prospects.

This country can easily afford to take care of everyone and can survive the economic damage inflicted by lockdowns, it's just that this useless lickspittle of fat arse-lickers-of-blue-bloods government is more worried about their mates not allowing them to ride on their floating gin palaces than the average person in a 2-up 2-down.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
35.7M people in the UK are fully vaccinated. That's 53.6%. About 46.3M people have at least one dose, or 69.4%.

That is not the vast majority. That is a massive pool of people who can harbour the virus, allow it to mutate and spread, while also irreversibly damaging their internal organs and life prospects.

This country can easily afford to take care of everyone and can survive the economic damage inflicted by lockdowns, it's just that this useless lickspittle of fat arse-lickers-of-blue-bloods government is more worried about their mates not allowing them to ride on their floating gin palaces than the average person in a 2-up 2-down.
Its the vast majority of those the jcvi have approved for the vaccine.

less than 10 million who are eligible have not taken up the opportunity to have a vaccine.

a month ago loads of people were against the kids having vaccine because of the risk / reward.

now the loudest shout is they should have it.

its a no win situation either way. I am happy the government has decided at this point. i respect your right to have a different opinion.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Yoni

Seriously the Torys and their vaccine rollout had it in the bag and the current events just goes to underpin that that the sucess of the vaccine programme was just dumb fucking luck.... @Moriath you are missing the point yes a vast majority have been "offered" the vaccine but as you have stated just under 10million (nearly the population of Sweden) have not taken up the opportunity of the vaccine. As Tom stated 35.7M people in the UK are fully vaccinated, that's 53.6%. About 46.3M people have at least one dose, or 69.4%.

The virus is spreading amongst the younger generation ie those that may have one but more than likely have no vaccination. It is this that is giving the virus the opportunity to mutate as well as potentially giving the next generation a life sentence of long covid or organ disorders......Mutation has the potential to produce a variant that is not affected by the vaccinations which would be terrible coming out of the summer in to the colder months again...... I am not a massive fan of complete lock down I have lived cautiously in a country where there was not such a thing and managed not to contract the virus - you guys however live in a very highly populated country where this is just not possible (as seen historically....).

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I won't change anything today that I would of done yesterday, although I'm fairly sure quite a few will.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Seriously the Torys and their vaccine rollout had it in the bag and the current events just goes to underpin that that the sucess of the vaccine programme was just dumb fucking luck.... @Moriath you are missing the point yes a vast majority have been "offered" the vaccine but as you have stated just under 10million (nearly the population of Sweden) have not taken up the opportunity of the vaccine. As Tom stated 35.7M people in the UK are fully vaccinated, that's 53.6%. About 46.3M people have at least one dose, or 69.4%.

The virus is spreading amongst the younger generation ie those that may have one but more than likely have no vaccination. It is this that is giving the virus the opportunity to mutate as well as potentially giving the next generation a life sentence of long covid or organ disorders......Mutation has the potential to produce a variant that is not affected by the vaccinations which would be terrible coming out of the summer in to the colder months again...... I am not a massive fan of complete lock down I have lived cautiously in a country where there was not such a thing and managed not to contract the virus - you guys however live in a very highly populated country where this is just not possible (as seen historically....).

It does seem like the UK has pissed away its initial vaccination momentum; after all the crowing about it, I was pretty shocked by the way the UK has started to tumble down the charts.

The US has fallen back badly as well, but thats because of red state fuckwits; I can't really figure out why the UK has slowed so much; i think its mainly because of the long gap between AZ jabs, (its the "fully vaccinated" number that's fallen back most), whereas Pfizer and Moderna you're done in four weeks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pfizer was 12 weeks when I had it, and so was Moderna when my wife had her second a few weeks ago.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's 4 weeks for me for Pfizer. Had my first on Thursday (only took so long because I'm a bit dopey and didn't realise I was eligible) and second is mid-August.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Pfizer was 12 weeks when I got it (beginning of June), but you can move the second one forward now if you want to. I could do so but I'm far too lazy to find my booking number (I think I've deleted it to be honest).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Pfizer was 12 weeks when I had it, and so was Moderna when my wife had her second a few weeks ago.

There you go then. Its the vaccination gap that's the issue. Its just a month between jabs for Pfizer and Moderna in Europe

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
There you go then. Its the vaccination gap that's the issue. Its just a month between jabs for Pfizer and Moderna in Europe
It was the initial recommendation from all vaccine makers that 3 to 4 weeks to second jab. But the uk gov wanted to get at least one jab in as many arms for the first part so extended the time between.

now its lessened and basically you can get a second jab appointment much earlier now.

@Yoni all adults have been offered at least one jab.

given that 10 mil haven’t taken that up. and the first jab rates are quite low at the moment because people are not coming forward for them.

do we wait until the past anti vaxxer has been persuaded to get their jab? Or do we decide as a country they have been offered it and decided they dont want it. Keep the offer open if they change their mind and move on?

unless the jab is mandated by law we can’t wait for everyone to be convinced to take the vaccine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom