Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I had my Jab on Saturday morning (I was put in group 6). 12 hours after the jab I felt like crap as I had developed all the common side effect symptoms. Felt really sick for 2 days and I still have flu like symptoms that haven't shifted yet (cough, runny nose etc). I think it was the Oxford-AstraZeneca one I had. Hopefully the next jab won't be as bad!

Have you had COVID before that you are aware of? I'm seeing numerous reports that side effects are worse in those who have recovered, vs people who have never had it.

Personally I wouldn't bother jabbing people who have already recovered and have a positive PCR or Antibody test - they are already capable of the immune response needed, so from a risk perspective its better not to inject people with more of the virus tbh. Natural immunity is always preferable to induced (whole virus vs spike protein).

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Some countries in Europe have now stopped AZ vaccinations due blood clots- I have not seen this in the British press - For example Sweden have chosen to continue to use it - Denmark have paused usage...

Bodhi

Some countries in Europe have now stopped AZ vaccinations due blood clots- I have not seen this in the British press - For example Sweden have chosen to continue to use it - Denmark have paused usage...

Yes, it's on the Beeb currently.

Bit more expert reaction to it below:

expert reaction to reports that Denmark has paused vaccination with the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine as a precaution after some reports of blood clots | Science Media Centre

Given the lack of reactions elsewhere it could just be a case of a dodgy batch - wouldn't surprise me if there was an issue with the Genetically Engineered Monkey Snot they're using as a delivery mechanism. I don't blame Denmark in the slightest - we're trying to keep people safe after all, and if that batch of the AZ vaccine has issues then it should be withdrawn, especially after the Pandremix fiasco. Just needs to be done in a way that doesn't set the 5G loons off.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was on bbc website yesterday. Said someone died and denmark and norway had suspended roll out

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

It's being reported a little more professionally here.

Statistically, pretty similar to the normal occurrence of clots and nothing to worry about, but they will monitor it, or as mentioned, potentially a dodgy batch.

Still, I'm sure all the arm waving will help with the vaccine roll out over there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I read the incidence of clots in people who'd had AZ was lower than normal incidence. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Yoni

Austria, Estonia, Latvia , Lithuania, Luxembourg and Italy will not use a specific supply. Denmark, Norway and Iceland have stopped at the moment and Thailand who have not started have delayed starting. Currently EMA, SMA and WHO are stating no issues.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I read the incidence of clots in people who'd had AZ was lower than normal incidence. I'm not losing sleep over it.
Yep. I'd heard that.

Normal process. Reported in the press. PANIC!!!!!!111!1!

Meanwhile, maybe if they're stopping the rollout in some countries we can take the vaccine production and accelerate ours? I really want to go to the pub. :)

Bodhi

You'd think, but the UK factories are already running to capacity churning out the monkey snot. Considering the Euro factories are struggling to get up to speed and make it properly, I'd rather stick with the supply we have.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Zero in 268,000,000.

Deaths linked to covid vaccines.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Plymouth is going to be a freeport. No idea what it means. But i guess its not really free
Tax free import zones. No customs duty until it exits the zone. Usually have trade zones with major importers setup warehousing and office space there. Worked really well in Dubai, Bahrain...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Amazing how quick those "additional studies" were run eh? Must have been tricky to pull meaningful information in a well-designed scientific trial in that timeframe.

It's almost like they were covering their embarassment because of their original tin-foil-hat inspired fuckup, eh?
They were already in progress at AZ, just awaiting sample sizes to grow the data. Some groups like children they did wait on before looking for U16 volunteers.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I had AZ jab a week ago. had a bad headache for 4 days and flu like symptoms (chill and aching limbs) for 2 days..

All fine now just getting grief from the Mrs on why she has not had hers yet.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Have you had COVID before that you are aware of? I'm seeing numerous reports that side effects are worse in those who have recovered, vs people who have never had it.

Personally I wouldn't bother jabbing people who have already recovered and have a positive PCR or Antibody test - they are already capable of the immune response needed, so from a risk perspective its better not to inject people with more of the virus tbh. Natural immunity is always preferable to induced (whole virus vs spike protein).

Nope. Never had Covid at all. I've been shielding as I'm on immune suppressant's for another medical condition, I only leave the house to walk the dog and I stay away from other people. I feel fine now though I still got a bit of a cough.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I had AZ jab a week ago. had a bad headache for 4 days and flu like symptoms (chill and aching limbs) for 2 days..

All fine now just getting grief from the Mrs on why she has not had hers yet.
Mrs has had hers. Im still waiting.

Bodhi

Ah the reasoning behind all the shenanigans around the AZ vaccine comes into sharp focus:

I'm sure it could be Brexit, or it could be the other vaccine manufacturers have had their noses put out of joint by AZ offering at cost price, and Big Pharma gotta keep their margins.

Good job we don't need vaccines any more, we can grow a cure in our back garden ;)

Yoni

Sweden is still using and states it is safe

Yoni

Sweden is still using and states it is safe
Nope I was wrong as in the news at 9am this morning Sweden have also paused its useage pending results of the EMA investigations...... I do not understand why FHoM has chosen this point in the Pandemic to agree with the rest of Europe...... there is a press confernece today hopefully someone will answer the question.

Astra Zenecas vaccin pausas

Folkhälsomyndigheten stoppar tillfälligt vaccinationer med Astra Zenecas vaccin Sverige, uppger regionala vaccinsamordnare för TT.

– Beslutet är en försiktighetsåtgärd, säger statsepidemiolog Anders Tegnell i ett uttalande från Folkhälsomyndigheten.

Beslutet kommer med anledning av de senaste dagarnas rapporter om att flera personer har fått blodpropp och blödning i samband med vaccinering av Astra Zenecas vaccin mot covid-19.

Europeiska läkemedelsmyndigheten (EMA) och Läkemedelsverket utreder nu om det finns ett orsakssamband till vaccinet.

De misstänkta biverkningarna har innefattat blodpropp (tromboser), i kombination med låga nivåer av blodplättar (trombocytopeni) hos ett fåtal personer. I Sverige har inget sådant fall hittills rapporterats in, uppger FHM.

– Det finns en god kunskap om vaccinet, men det är ändå viktigt att vi nu pausar vaccinationen tills EMA utrett om dessa händelser kan ha ett samband med vaccination, säger Anders Tegnell.

Totalt har cirka 17 miljoner personer fått vaccindoser av Astra Zeneca.

Under måndagen beslutade ett flertal europeiska länder att pausa Astra Zeneca vaccinet.

Bodhi

Yes just saw that this morning - I thought Sweden were the sensible ones?

Embattle

FH is my second home
A Dr at Southampton university on Politics live just now said at worst there has been a slight possible increase from blood clots from 5 per million to 7 per million, whereas dying in the UK from covid is about 2000 per million in the last year.

Another person on the show said that what is odd is the data for Pfizer jab seems to be the same.

Yoni

Yes just saw that this morning - I thought Sweden were the sensible ones?
Me too - it feels like a PR stunt due to the flack they received over their cv19 strategy. WHO and EMA are meeting this week so hopefully this should be cleared up quickly

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The damage dealt won't be cleared up quickly. People won't want it. In the meantime Pfizer hike their price and the EU not only cock up the entire vaccination program but also end up paying more in the long run, giving Pfizer a pseudo-monopoly.

Still, at least Pfizer will make a tidy little fortune off the back of it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah the reasoning behind all the shenanigans around the AZ vaccine comes into sharp focus:

I'm sure it could be Brexit, or it could be the other vaccine manufacturers have had their noses put out of joint by AZ offering at cost price, and Big Pharma gotta keep their margins.

Good job we don't need vaccines any more, we can grow a cure in our back garden ;)

My next project is a little grow box for the spare room wardrobe :) Going to test out my new wood saws and chisels.

Yoni

The damage dealt won't be cleared up quickly. People won't want it. In the meantime Pfizer hike their price and the EU not only cock up the entire vaccination program but also end up paying more in the long run, giving Pfizer a pseudo-monopoly.

Still, at least Pfizer will make a tidy little fortune off the back of it.
Agreed but as my husband said this morning (he is being tested because his family has a specific gene with a propensity for clotting) before accepting the AZ vaccine he would like more clarity - I completely get his concerns and concerns on behalf of his dad and cousin whose tests have come back postive - his dad probably goes in the Pf vaccine group as he is late 50s (if Pf data is the same as reported above I would also be a little cautious), his cousin and him (should his tests come back postive) are both in their low 30s so would be given AZ or one of the other vaccines now authorised for use.

Yoni

Weird that they have come out with this given the official statement from EMA will be Thursday. Sweden are waiting for that official stamp before beginning again

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm gonna dive in with an unpopular opinion.

Noone here is a vaccine expert right? As far as I'm aware all vaccines can run the risk of doing something funky to you.

To me it seems that the EU (and its countries although I'm sure there will be the argument they're all puppets who worship the EU) is being way more careful about the vaccines as I'd imagine the Tories are petrified about fucking the only thing they've done good by delaying them any further.

If the vaccine turns out to kill 1 in 10 million people then sure I would want them to stop until they've got down the bottom of what causes it and who shouldn't have it rather than gun ho let's get the economy open regardless of the price.

Yoni

If a vaccine kills 1person out of 10mill I would say it was a pretty safe vaccine vs not having it.
Exactly this... however now it is being ranged I also understand that people want confirmation from EMA that is is ok.. again I am staggered that the EMA is coming out today to state that all is good when the official statement is Thursday.. i mean why not wait 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom