Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Job, you really need to tell us where you're getting this information from.

Are you a regular at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health website?

@Job posts what he has been told to post via some nutter fringe website, he doesn't actually understand the source material, nor the subject.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
With a high incidence of BAME workers in the care industry, it seems up to 50% of them could refuse the vaccine.

Oh ffs its from the Daily Fail..

I can tell you now that every single BAME member of staff at the hospital where the wife normally works and the one where she is redeployed to have ALL taken the 1st vaccine shot offered, some have even had the booster already as they were high risk candidates.

I cant see care homes being any different even the Pope said its ok ^^

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its just a report on official study and is causing concern across the political spectrum.
But feel free to shout daily fail, wipe your hands and announce job done.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Hey all, not exactly a political post and I guess coming indirectly related to covid. First heads up this is not a post for sympathy or talking down to anyone at all. Yesterday we got some terrible news that our Young Nephew took his own life aged 13. Nothing covid related in terms of physical health, but I cannot help thinking that lockdown is having such a huge impact on people all across the spectrum. At least as adults (hopefully) we recognise things like isolation, loneliness and raise our hands for help. Kids?!?! what sounding board do they have, what reference point do they have for not having friends to speak to day in day out, teachers, sports coaches. By no means do I think this situation or countless ones like it should be used as means for relaxing social distancing etc, if anything, it's an example where as a nation we should do more for the mental health of our people.

Moreover as a nice request, reach out to someone, especially the young un's who are sat in their bedrooms all day every day. reach out the ones isolated or who dont have the social skills to stick their hands in the air and ask for five minutes of your time. No doubt if the youngs ask you why you asking, they are perfectly fine :)

Anyway, hope you know where im coming from

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hey all, not exactly a political post and I guess coming indirectly related to covid. First heads up this is not a post for sympathy or talking down to anyone at all. Yesterday we got some terrible news that our Young Nephew took his own life aged 13. Nothing covid related in terms of physical health, but I cannot help thinking that lockdown is having such a huge impact on people all across the spectrum. At least as adults (hopefully) we recognise things like isolation, loneliness and raise our hands for help. Kids?!?! what sounding board do they have, what reference point do they have for not having friends to speak to day in day out, teachers, sports coaches. By no means do I think this situation or countless ones like it should be used as means for relaxing social distancing etc, if anything, it's an example where as a nation we should do more for the mental health of our people.

Moreover as a nice request, reach out to someone, especially the young un's who are sat in their bedrooms all day every day. reach out the ones isolated or who dont have the social skills to stick their hands in the air and ask for five minutes of your time. No doubt if the youngs ask you why you asking, they are perfectly fine :)

Horrible, so sorry to hear it. Definitely noticed a bit of a change of attitude recently from the younger lads I talk to at work, I think it's really starting to take its toll on some of them. Funnily enough I did reach out to one of them this afternoon, but will make sure I make it a regular thing off the back of this post.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Important reminder, sorry for the news mate :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

That's horrible, sorry to hear that, and I get what you mean. There absolutely needs to be more support for people in isolation. I don't know what I would do without my wife being here and my small but very close group of friends.

Off the bat of this I am going to phone them more often, a couple are singles living alone, working from home etc.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Single jab turning out to be less effective than expected.

Perhaps less than 50% effective.

If that's the case, our government's gamble is looking like it may be an epic fail.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

A long read about the infamous HCQ from last year and how the scientific establishment didn't really give it a proper crack of the whip due to its association with The Bad Orange Man, and an object lesson in why scientists should stay out of politics. Especially interesting because Son of HCQ has turned up - Ivermectin, and it's looking just as promising as HCQ was when administered properly. I say that as most of the trials showing HCQ was bad were done on seriously ill patients who's bodies has already started attacking itself, whereas HCQ allegedly stopped them from getting to that stage.

View: https://twitter.com/Covid19Crusher/status/1351508477190033412?s=20

The NIH have updated their guidance so it can now be used in the States, along with the WHO's updated guidance around PCR testing yesterday I suspect they'll get on top of things pretty quickly over there now the scientists are back to doing science again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just saw an announcement that anyone at a party of more than 15 ppl can get fined 800£. Why 15? What about if its a gathering of people talking about books or something?.
another bit of flawed legislature.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Its just a report on official study and is causing concern across the political spectrum.
But feel free to shout daily fail, wipe your hands and announce job done.

The Daily Fail has earned its reputation. It twists stories to appeal to the weak minded.

As for wiping my hands of it? FU

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Just saw an announcement that anyone at a party of more than 15 ppl can get fined 800£. Why 15? What about if its a gathering of people talking about books or something?.
another bit of flawed legislature.

It's damned embarrassing is what it is.

Hit them where it hurts, its got to be more than just a pat on the arse and "On yer way son".

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The Israel fears are out of propotion it seems as the Doctor on Sky News explained that it takes 10 days for the vaccine to even start to work and then begins to build up from there. The Doctor on Sky was saying that most of the Israel data is taken from just 14 days? so only 4 days where the vaccine is building up its immunity levels.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Still not quite there with quoting @Job.

It's not that hard.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
The Israel fears are out of propotion it seems as the Doctor on Sky News explained that it takes 10 days for the vaccine to even start to work and then begins to build up from there. The Doctor on Sky was saying that most of the Israel data is taken from just 14 days? so only 4 days where the vaccine is building up its immunity levels.

I thought the time period was pretty short too for Israeli to do the testing, but from what I read today, they begun vaccinating back in Dec.

Israel got access to the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine on the 19th Dec and had begun vaccinating over 150k people per day. There is no way that they wouldn't have run their research from day 1, 150k people per day gives them a pretty large sample size before and after the booster at 21 days.

They would have had plenty of data to supply Pfizers with which was part of the requirements of having the vaccine so early.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So it turns out BAME being more likely to suffer from covid by ethnicity alone is claptrap.
Well thats the latest conclusion.
Though it is emotional, so I'll wait and see.

I don't think it's ever been known to be anything else has it?
I guess it's just you coming to that conclusion on your own...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think that is what has been claimed, what has been stated is they are more likely to be affected due to circumstances such as poverty, family, jobs, etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So it turns out BAME being more likely to suffer from covid by ethnicity alone is claptrap.
Not a report by scientist. But the (contested) opinion of a conservative minister.

At least you provided a link. So improvement can happen!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Get Covid for £500?

Yes please! Say a fuckload of people.

Either give everyone £500 or no-one.
Yeah this is a bit stupid. What about people who don't have covid but are told to isolate by the app? What about those of us who have had covid and isolated because we're not stupid and didn't need a financial incentive?

Job

I can see crack heads running into covid wards and french kissing the patients.

Job

Not a report by scientist. But the (contested) opinion of a conservative minister.

At least you provided a link. So improvement can happen!
Is it you dont believe him cos they is black
As I said..emotional, so pinch of salt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is it you dont believe him cos they is black
As I said..emotional, so pinch of salt.
No. It's nothing to do with colour (is the minister involved black?). And absolutely, there's nothing emotional about any of this for me. It's to do with the fact that this is a politician - so evidence and facts don't come into it.

I'm happy to talk about the reality of infection and mortality rates in any divisible ethnic group you care to talk about - but you have to bring evidence to the table, not the opinions of people who may well have a professional requirement to present something that isn't factually accurate.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Coronavirus relief post

1611318252088.png

Fucking lol and she is a journalist :)

1611318383849.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom