Politics Coronavirus

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well true to form, you didnt let me down.
Rather than being concerned about this serious situation for black people, you go straight to.
'Job said black and revert to your programming.'

If you ever wonder how we got to this dystopia, I think of how the country is riddled with middle class advertising, HR and diversity managers, that have the exact same mindset and freeze up in a seizure at the mention of the word if it isnt followed by supressed.

How about we all just react based on a litany of racism in your posting history? Thought of that?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ah yes, my elusive racism.
Often mentioned
Never discovered

From this very thread, I seem to be the only one who cares about black people vs Covid

Job

Because it wasnt.

And you all know it, just suits your absolvency to project it on to me.

Im might have invented a word we need.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Because it wasnt.

And you all know it, just suits your absolvency to project it on to me.

Im might have invented a word we need.
Sooo just under 14% of the uk is bame.

10% would be 6 mil rounded lots

say 10 mil 14% rounded lots

so 56 mil is white

24% of whites out number 70% of bame

so white would be more worrisome than the bame.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That's the village pub gone :(

Landlord can't do it any more, no money coming in, still having to pay the rent to the brewery. So rather than the brewery having a pub ready to go with a landlord that is very popular, does excellent food and real bear, winning various local and regional awards they will have an empty pub that has nobody to run it when all this shit is over. Plus they will have to pay out for security to look after it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That sucks balls.

Is it brewery or a pubco like Punch Taverns?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was Jennings, but I think it was sold just before lockdown.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That's the village pub gone :(

Landlord can't do it any more, no money coming in, still having to pay the rent to the brewery. So rather than the brewery having a pub ready to go with a landlord that is very popular, does excellent food and real bear, winning various local and regional awards they will have an empty pub that has nobody to run it when all this shit is over. Plus they will have to pay out for security to look after it.

What are they going to do with the real bear?

Jokes aside, that sucks. Feel for publicans so much, they were under so much pressure even before coronavirus. Was it the only pub in the village? Shall we buy it as a Freddys collective?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What are they going to do with the real bear?

Jokes aside, that sucks. Feel for publicans so much, they were under so much pressure even before coronavirus. Was it the only pub in the village? Shall we buy it as a Freddys collective?

Yes, only pub. The village is basically 4 roads with a crossroads so more of a hamlet compared to some villages these days. I doubt it will be permanently shut, it's a gold mine when open. Just a shame to see him go.

Job

Stanford study show lockdowns are barely better than advice for preventing covid spread.
The autopsy begins and it wont be a good conclusion.

Actual study link in article.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, stands to reason where countries who locked down properly, you're New Zealands, you're Australis, you're South Koreas have similar numbers to those that didn't bother, your UKs, your Brazils, your USs.

Oh wait, that's utter bullshit you utter fucking mongoloid.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why the fuck did my spellcheck thing turn your into you're ffs!

Job

I said 78% wont take it, so off you pop to a totally different argument as usual.
Its a major problem for black people and heaven forbid we would dare to line up this mentality with an much higher death rate from covid.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Stanford study show lockdowns are barely better than advice for preventing covid spread.

Have you noticed the effect of lockdown vs no lockdown in the UK for the number of deaths, hospitalisations etc?
If you haven't then I'll spell it out for you:

No Lockdown = High deaths, full hospitals dealing with Covid patients and not much room left for others.
Lockdown = low deaths, low infections, fewer people in hospital.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, only pub. The village is basically 4 roads with a crossroads so more of a hamlet compared to some villages these days. I doubt it will be permanently shut, it's a gold mine when open. Just a shame to see him go.

He's obviously paying the rent. So it's now a vacant pub with no rental being paid. Hopefully he'll come back in 12 months and offer to reopen what was once a "gold mine" and tell 'em he'll start paying the rent again.

If a business sees money, then they'll take it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
He's obviously paying the rent. So it's now a vacant pub with no rental being paid. Hopefully he'll come back in 12 months and offer to reopen what was once a "gold mine" and tell 'em he'll start paying the rent again.

If a business sees money, then they'll take it.

Depends on the owners tbh. Lots of pub owners are in it for the asset growth of the building, the pub operations themselves are secondary, especially because they buy a portfolio, not a single pub.

Sadly there are going to be lots more stories like this, the general consensus over here is that "wet" pubs (no kitchen) are essentially dead as an industry; they were struggling as it was.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depends on the owners tbh. Lots of pub owners are in it for the asset growth of the building, the pub operations themselves are secondary, especially because they buy a portfolio, not a single pub.

Sadly there are going to be lots more stories like this, the general consensus over here is that "wet" pubs (no kitchen) are essentially dead as an industry; they were struggling as it was.
Yep - that's why I was asking if it was owned by a pubco (like punch taverns) - who really are shysters when you look into the detail and the payments. One of the best and most long-term succesfull pubs in Nottingham was sold to them - no change for the first two years under the new owners but then the payment terms became so onerous that quality had to drop - and the punters started to go elsewhere because of it. It's now a husk of a pub in the week (was always busy) and people go on a Friday and Saturday night because it's a venue for live music.

Wet pubs have been down the pan for a long time really. Which is a real shame IMO. But now for me it's all a moot point. Tourist honeypot like Betws is food all the time - and although they'll be suffering right now if the uplift in visitors is even remotely close to how it was when the first lockdown was lifted they'll be making three times the cash for quite some time to come. (And I'll be avoiding like the plague!)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yep - that's why I was asking if it was owned by a pubco (like punch taverns) - who really are shysters when you look into the detail and the payments. One of the best and most long-term succesfull pubs in Nottingham was sold to them - no change for the first two years under the new owners but then the payment terms became so onerous that quality had to drop - and the punters started to go elsewhere because of it. It's now a husk of a pub in the week (was always busy) and people go on a Friday and Saturday night because it's a venue for live music.

Wet pubs have been down the pan for a long time really. Which is a real shame IMO. But now for me it's all a moot point. Tourist honeypot like Betws is food all the time - and although they'll be suffering right now if the uplift in visitors is even remotely close to how it was when the first lockdown was lifted they'll be making three times the cash for quite some time to come. (And I'll be avoiding like the plague!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZmIA4Sseco

?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I meant was the pub you were referring to the Roundhouse? :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I meant was the pub you were referring to the Roundhouse? :p
Ah, of course! :)

Nah - the Lion in New Basford (round the corner from the Horse & Groom, which was an amazing "wet" pub in the early 2000's but is now a sack of wank unfortunately). It's in a shit part of out-of-town (closest shopping bit is Hyson Green, which is the only bit of Nottingham I now really miss - because of the curries (although after 20 years there I'm still fond of the place of course)).

It's a free house, but owned by pubpeople. Choice of real independent beers they serve is reducing, very sadly. When the big brewco's cottoned on to the real ale explosion they started buying up old defunct brands (like Home Ales in Nottingham) that hadn't brewed for years and started pushing bitter out under those brands - so punters thought they were buying from independent breweries but they were really buying from Marstons (or whoever). The beer isn't the same quality and I'm assuming that it's heavily discounted compared to something like the Blue Monkey or even Nottingham breweries. But more than that - it's the falseness of it. If Bass is on the menu, I want Bass to be on the pump - not "Shipstone's Brewery".

Anyway. It's not what it was by a stretch, which is a shame as it brought people from miles around to it. (I don't think supermarket alcohol market helps either).

In other beer related news, I hate Robinsons' brewery. They're buying up whole towns around here and because they don't have to offer other people's beers in their pubs you're effectively locked into shit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Can be as bad as Greene King buying up half the South of England's pubs and trying to force people to drink their "IPA".

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Can be as bad as Greene King buying up half the South of England's pubs and trying to force people to drink their "IPA".
How is Greene King IPA an IPA when it tastes of nothing?

Perhaps it stands for Is Phucking Awful?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My favourite pub in Finland closed its doors just before xmas, going to be knocked down and big apartment block built there, former colleague and his social gang had been going there regularly since early 00s :/

Tay

Grumpy old fecker

I've read the article and frankly its worse than some of the BBC Shit.

I especially like this..

"Though this study's approach did not determine any significant benefits to implementing mandatory lockdowns, others have shown that lockdowns have saved millions of lives."

Seems people will write and peer review any shit these days for money.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Having a chip that you can use to start your car, get in your house, pay for stuff, use as ID, keep medical records etc on would be great.

Except we live in a world of cunts so it would be abused by government.
It's called a phone and you can turn those off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom