Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
if members of the public do not comply the police may:

instruct them to go home, leave an area or disperse
Non-compliance = fine. Unless po-po think it's proportionate to arrest you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Softly first..
It's not a question of how they're going to go about it - you said they don't have the power to stop you and that's false. And anyway, all of the actions you listed (plus fines) require them to "stop" you.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
These are not laws, they are official instructions.

Sensible people obey them, but we should not criminalise ...and it will take a visit to that shitshow called the supreme court to see if they have changed their tune.

Job

It's not a question of how they're going to go about it - you said they don't have the power to stop you and that's false. And anyway, all of the actions you listed (plus fines) require them to "stop" you.
Well yes they can stop me...reasonable grounds and all...but forcing me to turn around is another thing.
Im praising the law here for not going police state on us straight away.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Derbyshire police have put black dye into a popular photo spot.
The days get stranger by the minute.

View attachment 41296

This is a strongly alkaline pool in an old quarry, that's always got black dye in it. It's to stop people swimming in it and then dropping dead.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well yes they can stop me...reasonable grounds and all...but forcing me to turn around is another thing.
They can give you an instruction. If you fail to obey it then, in their discretion, they can arrest you.

They're likely to fine you. But if you continue on, clinky is a real possibility.

Job

This is a strongly alkaline pool in an old quarry, that's always got black dye in it. It's to stop people swimming in it and then dropping dead.
Yeah.. but they have posted on their website that they sent out a team to dye it..so I presume its just a pr stunt.

Job

The good news is the forestry have backtracked and put up signs saying we can walk and bike as long as we are showing no symptoms.

So thats me in the woods all day tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok - this is weird/annoying:

Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese on the body mass index scale.

Like about 70% of the country? Especially the olds?

Seems to me that, as much as I'd love it to be killing the fatties off - 'cause I ain't one of them - it's hitting the demographics equally.

Job

Oxford Uni modelling....half the country is infected, 1000 dead in 4 months.

Miniscule death rate.

And they arent even confirmed...every one is tested, just because you have the antibodies doesnt mean it killed you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Miniscule death rate.
Weird. You were telling us earlier that a 6th of the population has it. It's almost like you don't know what you're talking about.

Job

Thats from real testing of 'affected' individuals...this is modelling of viral infection rates.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The worst part about Johnson and Hancock being out of action is that that snivelling arsehole Gove has been pushed to the fore. There he is mumbling about "communication confusion" re: the EU ventilators scheme when Hancock was on Question Time a full 10 days ago explicitly saying that the UK had been invited to participate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Miniscule death rate.

And they arent even confirmed...every one is tested, just because you have the antibodies doesnt mean it killed you.
Link please @Job. Or get outside, lick as many people as you can to catch this non-event virus to prove we're worrying about nothing (whilst the powerless hand-wringing po-po do nothing, of course).

Or just shut the fuck up? Every post you make is "fact" but different, contradictory fact, and utterly unsourced.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Link please @Job. Or get outside, lick as many people as you can to catch this non-event virus to prove we're worrying about nothing (whilst the powerless hand-wringing po-po do nothing, of course).

Or just shut the fuck up? Every post you make is "fact" but different, contradictory fact, and utterly unsourced.
He is getting it from the same source as tRump.

Gumbo

FH is my second home

Miniscule death rate.

You're a muppet.

There will be 1000 dead in a single 24hr period within a fortnight in the UK.

Job

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Do the usual to read it

Last edited:

Job

You're a muppet.

There will be 1000 dead in a single 24hr period within a fortnight in the UK.
I post an Oxford study and you make a guess and Im the muppet.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I post an Oxford study and you make a guess and Im the muppet.
Don't believe the headlines saying half the UK has had coronavirus | WIRED UK

It's a study based on a highly improbably assumption that loads of epidemiologists don't agree with and you're treating it as fact and smashing it together with the current number of deaths, which serves no purpose whatsoever other than to highlight your ignorance.

And 1,000 deaths in a day isn't a guess, they've just said that 209 people died in the last 24 hours alone. Look what's happening elsewhere in Europe (in countries that acted much quicker than the UK did). One of the directors of the NHS said yesterday that the UK will "do well to keep the number of deaths below 20,000".

Last edited:

Job

Or the average death toll for the flu with decades of vaccine experience and intensive care treatment.

Bullshit..its 4 months in and we have a 1000 deaths, while its highly probable a large amount of the population are carrying the virus.

20K deaths in a year would be unnewsworthy normally and if that modelling is correct then its all a bit late to social distance.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Also, I don't know why you keep saying 4 months, the first death in the UK was a little over 3 weeks ago and the first case on UK soil wasn't confirmed until the last day of January.

Job

Sorry couldnt post cos of all the noise coming from the EU as they abandon Europe.

The coronavirus crisis has brought the EU's failings into sharp relief | Larry Elliott

Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, said at the weekend: “If Europe does not rise to this unprecedented challenge, the whole European structure loses its raison d’être to the people. We are at a critical point in European history.”

That just about sums things up. The message being sent out is that Europe is a project for the good times and that when the going gets tough people can only really rely on their own government and the nation state.

Just fukin lol

Job

Oh and....

“Today, this means Italy; tomorrow, the need could be elsewhere. Italy has already asked to activate the European Union mechanism of civil protection for the supply of medical equipment for individual protection. But unfortunately not a single EU country responded to the commission’s call. Only China responded bilaterally. Certainly this is not a good sign of European solidarity.”

China had to step in.

I can't..even.

Job

No worse than the London tube every morning.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No worse than the London tube every morning.
Are you really that much of a fuckwit? This is not flu, no data for a years worth of infection, no vaccine. It is a NEW completely unknown virus. When someone and I mean someone in your family circle suffers you will change your tune. Flu is seasonal, this is going to be the same, if we don't build immunity or a vaccine expect more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom