Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I also read somewhere it was well entrenched before the lock down came in to force, also they are probably maxed out on capacity and gaining more cases than they are clearing by the looks of it.

Yep, Italian Doctors were seeing severe cases of Pneumonia affecting the old as far back as November.

NPR Choice page

Remuzzi says he is now hearing information about it from general practitioners. "They remember having seen very strange pneumonia, very severe, particularly in old people in December and even November," he says. "This means that the virus was circulating, at least in [the northern region of] Lombardy and before we were aware of this outbreak occurring in China."

He says it was impossible to combat something you didn't know existed.

Also some good insight here on what's going on in Italy:

https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/CAT.20.0080

TL:dr it got into the Health care system, and due to improper procedures spread like wildfire, infecting seriously ill people who were in there already - and infecting the health workers who were getting a heavy dose of the virus every shift.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
'Where possible' makes the entire announcement mute.

You cant say 'just use common sense', because very few of us can envisage how the virus spreads and lots of people driving long distances almost entirely from built up areas to the countryside will end up spreading it through processes thats its hard to grasp with something that is invisible to the human eye.
They should explain the risk rather than just blanket 'dont..if possible'.

Anyway the lawyers are all over it because its a civil liberties issue and a turning point for the Police's relationship with the people....'we've got you with our spy drones' is NOT something to celebrate.
I not seen anything about people contesting this. I call bullshit

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We all ready routinely let people over 90 die of diseases that could be cured with a lot of effort, but very low success rates.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ireland now on "lockdown" until April 12. To be honest it will be very little different to what we've been doing all week; don't walk more than 2KM from home, only drive to essential work or to support vulnerable family (eg carers), go to the supermarket on your own.

Of course I guarantee every fuckwit will be out panic buying this morning off the back of this, despite very specific "don't do that we've got loads of food" advice (which we do, literally the only thing I've not been able to buy in the last fortnight is limes of all things).

Job

The frickin security guard on the door of Tescos is fist bumping his mates as they walk in.

And he seems to be mates with half the scallywags in the town

Job

Good luck to him.
Surely this pandemic exposes all the problems with HS2, we need to vastly up remote working and virtual business, carting human beings en masse from home to workplace is not the future for a massive chunk of the workforce and people who use the train are far more likely to be the people who can work over the net.

Plus 150bn..which will be its total cost is nearly half of the emergency bailout.

Chris Packham begins legal case to halt HS2 amid coronavirus crisis

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thick people are thick shocker.

Did you politely point out that he shouldn't be fist bumping for his family and friend's safety?

Job

Dont get involved , its a new Tesco Express and has attracted an endless supply of chavs...including me it seems. ..who just dont give a living fuck.
The disabled bays are the preffered choice for parking, because...well because they are fucking chavs and they need to open the doors fully on their lowered, 10yr old 3 litre Audis.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I always get involved. Some people need help as things simply don't occur to them.

Job

Is anyone doing actual scientific trials on it?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My world as of midnight. Can't complain; there's a couple of nice walks and a lovely beach and the sun is shining.
2km.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Portmarnock beach does indeed seem nice, I just streetviewed myself there on a sunny day :)

My world is a little less interesting, assorted walls and a garden with some lovely beaches out of reach.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I watched Trump's "task force update" last night, he was making Johnson sound *desperate* for help. Of course it was Trump just trying to big himself up but he has no idea about diplomacy and when to keep his stupid mouth shut. Making his friends look weak when they're trying to look like they've got it all under control has to be one of the least constructive things he could've done.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Keep up chap, he released another study last night based on 80 patients, which was equally successful.

Not sure why people are so keen for this not to be the answer. Especially considering it was identified as being effective against CV infections in 2005.

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread. - PubMed - NCBI

Oh yeah I am. Orange Man Bad. I forgot.

Plus if we're disregarding a study based on a dubious report from 15 years ago, can we do the same for anything printed by The Lancet? Given they pretty much started the anti-vaxx movement?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Keep up chap, he released another study last night based on 80 patients, which was equally successful.

Not sure why people are so keen for this not to be the answer. Especially considering it was identified as being effective against CV infections in 2005.

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread. - PubMed - NCBI

Oh yeah I am. Orange Man Bad. I forgot.

Plus if we're disregarding a study based on a dubious report from 15 years ago, can we do the same for anything printed by The Lancet? Given they pretty much started the anti-vaxx movement?
I’m just exercising reasonable caution about cures that aren’t yet proven.

Anyway:

View: https://twitter.com/NoContextHumans/status/1243862105876566023

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I reckon China is sat on a cure and telling no one... just look at the ratio on their infected, deaths and recovered and compare that to the rest of the worlds - fishy as fuck.

China
81,400 Confirmed cases
3,300 Deaths
74,000 Recovered

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I reckon China is sat on a cure and telling no one... just look at the ratio on their infected, deaths and recovered and compare that to the rest of the worlds - fishy as fuck.

China
81,400 Confirmed cases
3,300 Deaths
74,000 Recovered
Or, China is lying.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's a mixture of the same system that caused the outbreak to spread by denying it also helped them do a complete lockdown, then add in that the same system probably isn't being completely honest on its numbers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

China
81,400 Confirmed cases
3,300 Deaths
74,000 Recovered
I got a friend who is in china a uk person there. They are stuck in the house. Cameras trained on streets and doorways to stop people going out. They have people going round monitoring peoples temps and bad consequences if you disobeyed the lock downs. People dragged away if they think they are sick.

its what you can do in a police state.

but they are prone to a second wave because theres no immunity but its still globally active. Only takes one person to create another wave of cases.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Swedish health authority has made a nice dashboard which is updated every day.
Experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom