Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So would you take the vaccine when its offered to you or wait 6 months to see if anyone turns into a zombie.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So would you take the vaccine when its offered to you or wait 6 months to see if anyone turns into a zombie.
Take it straight away.

I have confidence in our scientists to do the right thing. I trust science and understand any residual risk (if it exists) is smaller than the real risk of Covid to my life.

On the above basis alone I would. But additionally, we've very strong historical vaccination safety. On tgis specific rush job 46000 people have taken it with zero reported side effects.

I'm also haven't caught the disease of fear of vaccines from the legions of poorly educated retards that make up the anti-vaxxer religious community.

It's *really* good news.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Bit of a moot point as I won't have it offered to me - it's for anyone over 50 or vulnerable, so I'm a long way down the list. By the time it gets to me I'll be able to tell if it's safe or they've given people narcolepsy again like they did with Swine Flu.

Pretty sure I've been vaccinated the old fashioned way though - get lurgy, recover, T-cells remember how to kill lurgy next time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Take it straight away.

I have confidence in our scientists to do the right thing. I trust science and understand any residual risk (if it exists) is smaller than the real risk of Covid to my life.

On the above basis alone I would. But additionally, we've very strong historical vaccination safety. On tgis specific rush job 46000 people have taken it with zero reported side effects.

I'm also haven't caught the disease of fear of vaccines from the legions of poorly educated retards that make up the anti-vaxxer religious community.

It's *really* good news.
Dont you think that the press have over egged it. The results havent been peer reviewed. Its based on two groups one where like 90 people got the bug and another where 4 did or something. It could be that the life styles of the control group were riskier or similar.
i think we still have to wait and see also how long the protection lasts.
its positive but not the real deal yet

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dont you think that the press have over egged it. The results havent been peer reviewed. Its based on two groups one where like 90 people got the bug and another where 4 did or something. It could be that the life styles of the control group were riskier or similar.
It's not dangerous is what I was talking about - yes, questions about it's efficacy stand, but the question was "would you take it" - and yes, I would.

Ofc, it'll be given to old people, not us. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

A colleagues wife is on the Pfizer team for this so I have known it is in the pipeline for quite a while. Pfizer have played this very close to their chest and exercised full diligence in the entire process. It's a yes from me.

And... I will be offered it, I expect :eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I expect there will be a lot of misinformation just like with the MMR vaccine

I would take it as they say immunity only lasts about 6 months or so after you have had Covid.

Job

It would be hilarious if the 10% it doesnt work on are the over 70s, but as Scouse says its proven to be safe on a small scale and theres no reason to presume it gets suddenly dangerous over a wider uptake.

The announcement and bigging up of it undoubtedly coincides with Bidens win to give his presidency that little extra new start feel.

The only possible problems are from that top russian viroligist who infected himself twice and raised concerns.

He said: ‘We need a vaccine that can be used multiple times, a recombinant vaccine will not suit.

‘Once injected with an adenoviral vector-based vaccine, we won’t be able to repeat it because the immunity against the adenoviral carrier will keep interfering.’

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It would be hilarious if the 10% it doesnt work on are the over 70s, but as Scouse says its proven to be safe on a small scale and theres no reason to presume it gets suddenly dangerous over a wider uptake.

The announcement and bigging up of it undoubtedly coincides with Bidens win to give his presidency that little extra new start feel.

The only possible problems are from that top russian viroligist who infected himself twice and raised concerns.

He said: ‘We need a vaccine that can be used multiple times, a recombinant vaccine will not suit.

‘Once injected with an adenoviral vector-based vaccine, we won’t be able to repeat it because the immunity against the adenoviral carrier will keep interfering.’

Are you now saying that the pharmaceutical companies have sat on a vaccine and waited until Biden won so that he would start his presidency well?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Are you now saying that the pharmaceutical companies have sat on a vaccine and waited until Biden won so that he would start his presidency well?
Did you see pence try and grab glory for trump and Pfizer slap him down. Was amazing haha. No we didnt take a penny of Warp Speed money.

Bodhi

I expect there will be a lot of misinformation just like with the MMR vaccine

I would take it as they say immunity only lasts about 6 months or so after you have had Covid.

Anyone who says that has a fairly appalling understanding of how the human immune system works tbh - and yes, I include SAGE in that.

As I keep saying, there is a lot more to immunity than antibodies. Antibodies you would expect to disappear in months, as there is no point in your body keeping them around - just the ability to make more of them should the rona turn up again. Those are T-Cells, and have been found still active in SARS 1 patients 17 years later.

Job

No,.I'm saying if Trump had won the story would have been.

'Vaccines are yet to be finalised and there are doubts on their effectivness.'

Biden wins.
'Amazing new vaccine incoming...all is saved.'.
Trump even tried to steal the story himself in a tweet, because he knew that was going to be their approach.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Biden wins.
Trump even tried to steal the story himself in a tweet, because he knew that was going to be their approach.
so no but yes?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I would take the vaccine especially as both me and the wife have asthma. I trust the medical expertise in this country.

Bodhi

@Job's post makes @Bodhi's post that he knows better than SAGE seem reasonable in comparison.

SAGE need to stop making dumb proclamations then - like basing the number infected on antibody surveys. 1) Antibody tests are flaky as fuck 2) As mentioned, antibodies are only a small part of the human immune system.

Of course if there was anyone on SAGE with a degree in Biology, or any sort of post-Doc work in immunology then this would probably be quite obvious - not so much for the polticial theorists, sociologists, mathematicians and odd assorted medic that makes up SAGE sadly.

I'm all for listening to expertise in a chosen field, sadly in the area of immunology SAGE seem shockingly light on it. I mean Professor Ferguson doesn't even have a Biology A Level, and his models pretty much shut down the Western world. Given his track record in Foot and Mouth and Swine Flu, I'm intrigued as to how he was still involved.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As mentioned, antibodies are only a small part of the human immune system.

Of course if there was anyone on SAGE with a degree in Biology, or any sort of post-Doc work in immunology
You don't need a degree in Biology for this shit level of understanding - it's bog standard A-Level shit. I remember covering it myself.

Here's the list of heads of (clearly only sociology) departments that head up SAGE - sorry, it doesn't list the thousands doing work below them.

If you don't like the (non-public) advice given by sage to the government then I trust you've got better than a google search of a handful of dissenters to lend you more authority?

Regardless - it's THE GOVERNMENT who's making the decisions you don't like. Not SAGE.

(And it's pretty clear that if they'd listen more we'd be in a better position)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
8FBDC035-EC09-4DFD-9356-0E6101B66888.png
haha manufactured fog. Thats a new one. Maybe 200 years ago amongst the dark and satanic mills.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Did you see pence try and grab glory for trump and Pfizer slap him down. Was amazing haha. No we didnt take a penny of Warp Speed money.

Yeah, Pfizer knows how to play that game. They took an order for product. They will deliver product. Any sort of money used for research would come with strings attached!

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Or you could just read the info at a news site:

Embattle

FH is my second home

Biden wins.

Didn't you hear....he did.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some nutter on my facebook is an anti-vaxer, it's mental the shit they come out with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom