Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah I'm sneezing and have a runny nose - which the NHS site says it's almost definitely not covid.

You can't just get a test willy nilly in the UK.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How do you know it is just a cold? Why are you not getting tested? . be part of the solution rather than making assumptions about your medical health. I also have symptoms of a cold and cv19 however it is process here to get a test which I have ordered and am now waiting for.

My son had a cough for weeks and it was only on his third visit to the doctor that he was sent for a COVID test (negative), and that was freely admitted by the doctor to be a "tick the box" exercise. You won't get sent for a test if you have a sniffle and sneeze. You need to be presenting several symptoms.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You do not get sent for a test in Sweden you order it yourself either by drive in or home test. They want all symptomatic citizens to be tested. I have a sore throat and a slight cough so booked my test yesterday- it will arrive today and the result is normally back tomorrow but sometimes takes 2 days. This will be my second PCR last was in June. If I am positive my husband has to wait 5 days and then order a test (if not symptomatic) if symptoms he should order a test as soon as mine is confirmed.

Even if negative I am not permitted to leave the house until 2 days after symptoms have gone ...

DaGaffer

You do not get sent for a test in Sweden you order it yourself either by drive in or home test. They want all symptomatic citizens to be tested. I have a sore throat and a slight cough so booked my test yesterday- it will arrive today and the result is normally back tomorrow but sometimes takes 2 days. This will be my second PCR last was in June. If I am positive my husband has to wait 5 days and then order a test (if not symptomatic) if symptoms he should order a test as soon as mine is confirmed.

Even if negative I am not permitted to leave the house until 2 days after symptoms have gone ...

€200 to get a test here if you're not sent by your doctor. The test centres are huge and the process is very efficient (my son got his result in less than 24 hours), but you can't just rock up for a test.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
€200 to get a test here if you're not sent by your doctor. The test centres are huge and the process is very efficient (my son got his result in less than 24 hours), but you can't just rock up for a test.

How does public healthcare work in Ireland?

I just ordered a test because @Yoni bullied me, if it's negative i'll make sure Boris sends Sweden the bill ;)

Yoni

If it is possible i think it is ones civic duty to get a test even for the smallest symptoms (obeviously not possible in Ireland). What has been made clear is that one shouldnt rush to have a test if you are asymptomatic and your partner is positive. One should stay home 7 days and order a test after 5 days - if positive stay home for at least 7 days with 2 days symptom free, if negative stay home for the final 2 days.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A 5 year old kid at my wife's school has just tested positive, in another pod thankfully.

DaGaffer

How does public healthcare work in Ireland?

Badly, in general. €50-€60 for a doctor's visit, much larger share of private hospitals than the UK (and they are a minefield for working out which you can use) and every adult is obliged to have some level of health insurance. If you look at health spend per cap we look all right (now) but its a bit like the US, the money isn't being used efficiently.

COVID response was excellent at first, but they pulled back from systematic testing too soon and have paid the price, but we also have a problem because Northern Ireland is acting like a super-spreader for the whole Island at the moment. Fekkin Brits.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You have to lie and say you have lost your sense of smell in the UK for a test.
It rejects you if you dont.

Job

Beyond ridiculous.

What is going on , letting experts openly disagreeing with government policy the day after being at the meetings.

Yoni

I do not think so - they have an absolute right to disagree with the government if they have scientific evidence to do so (not unreasonable models).. For example in Sweden the government advised that if you had antibodies then it was ok to go visit your elderly. The scientific community reminded the populous that the antibody tests were far from accurate so really still not adviseable... With correct advice we have not seen Kris' grandparents this year and do not want to as we live in Stockholm where CV19 has been present since Feb latest. Without the advivce of science UK citizens can not make grown-up decisions.

There is rumour here that the hospitals in the North are beginning to crumble - is that correct or ? (this question is not for Job).

Job

The bit that hits the most is the 8 months destroying the economy has been completely pointless.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The bit that hits the most is the 8 months destroying the economy has been completely pointless.
Whats pointless ? Stopping the nhs being over run? Allowing those that need it the chance to survive?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I do not think so - they have an absolute right to disagree with the government if they have scientific evidence to do so (not unreasonable models).. For example in Sweden the government advised that if you had antibodies then it was ok to go visit your elderly. The scientific community reminded the populous that the antibody tests were far from accurate so really still not adviseable... With correct advice we have not seen Kris' grandparents this year and do not want to as we live in Stockholm where CV19 has been present since Feb latest. Without the advivce of science UK citizens can not make grown-up decisions.

There is rumour here that the hospitals in the North are beginning to crumble - is that correct or ? (this question is not for Job).

Not really - there are a lot of "COVID" admissions anounced, but if you look at the net change of people in hospital with COVID, the numbers are actually staying pretty flat overall - in England anyway. Don't have the data for the other devolved nations. But it certainly looks like there are a similar number of daily discharges as admissions, but of course in 2020 that makes for a less interesting story.

Found the below from a Pathologist with access to NHS Data - admissions to AnE for Serious Respiratory infections look slightly lower than usual.

View: https://twitter.com/ClareCraigPath/status/1315966137499291649?s=20

Quite worryingly however, it appears that up to a quarter of people in hospital in the North West with COVID were admitted for other ailments then caught it in hospital......

Job

This is exactly it.

The wifes friend is a district nurse and has been bombarding our group chat with.
250 covid patients in Lpool Royal!

Everyone is losing their shit.

Im like, how many came in ill with it.

Dunno.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Here they go again, one man with SUSPECTED covid caused hearing loss and its a headline.
What is wrong with you?

The case is the first such incident to be reported in the UK, although a small number of similar reports have emerged from other countries..... Kevin Munro, professor of audiology at the University of Manchester.....has been contacted by a large number of Covid survivors reporting a change in their hearing or tinnitus.
It's entirely reasonable that if this disease can cause this that papers report on it - benefits being that the more people know about it then the chances of them reporting symptoms and getting treated is higher.

This is obvious. So again. What is your problem you fucking weirdo.

Job

Complications are vanishingly rare would be a better headline wouldnt it.

And maybe the fact that the flu can cause the exact same condition, possibly mention that for context if they are so worried about hearing loss and were in flu season.

Nahh..lets go for clickbait and keep the fear going.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Complications are vanishingly rare would be a better headline wouldnt it.

And maybe the fact that the flu can cause the exact same condition, possibly mention that for context?

Nahh..lets go for clickbait and keep the fear going.

Because they are not talking about the flu and how it ISNT fucking connected!
We know about flu. We DO NOT know much about covid.

Job

I didnt say I was scared.

You are just using page 3 of the ladybird book of psychological divertion argument for beginners.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didnt say I was scared.
You said "clickbait to keep the fear going".

YOU said that.

But if it isn't scaring you - then why do you think other people will be scared by it?

It's always "other people" isn't it - used to justify asshattery - "oh, other people will act like this, not me, of course, but other people - and because other people (but not me) feel and act that way we should stop/ban/arrest people who do this"...

So, yes. It's you. It's something you're fucked off about. And I suspect it's because it's yet another thing that Covid causes - and you want to think about covid being a non-problem, so any story that shows, clearly, that it covid IS a problem you take issue with.

So, Covid can cause hearing loss. You call the article "clickbait". Not because it's not a valid article - but because you're a cunt.

Stick that ladybird up your arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom