Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
According to my father, when out in shops he has seen the majority in face masks.
Went out today to shopping centre just to see what its like and all. Yeah most are attempting the wear masks. Still cant fathom the people that have their noses out but are still splashing the sanitizer.
Personally i disliked the experience immensely. Doesn’t mean i disapprove of it. Just that if at all possible i will be doing my shopping online.
it was only 18 degrees out and i ended up a sweaty mess by the time i was back to the car. Had to remove my glasses as they were steaming up and i couldnt see anything. Actual breathing was ok but the rest of it. Nah only if i really need something.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well lets hope they get it under control quickly or it is just a blip.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah my bro just rebooked flights to spain haha. Had them cancelled and found new ones ... oops.
Sister's kid is out there with a bunch of mates right now. I find it unlikely that they'll bother isolating properly when she comes back home :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The mothers friend...in his 80s, never been out the house sincexday one...lives alone, online shopping the lot.
He has a mini stroke and goes to hospital.
They test him on admission.
Poisitive test, no symptoms whatsoever.
Full response..isolation...ppe nurses the lot.
Two days later you can go home in a taxi.
What...the...fuck.

I dont think they believe the tests themselves.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Not so my colleagues father in law - 85 tested postive for several weeks although as he is in an old peoples home he was kept isolated until it was clear. Have you thought that they may have tested them before they went home?

The tests for whether you have corona are 95% accurate - the antibody tests are far from accurate and are not to trusted when considering whether you should want to visit 70+ or at risk - no matter what you are being told.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I dont understand all these people that expect going on vacation in the middle of a pandemic to be risk free when it comes to measures dealing without breaks.

guess they just cant comprehend what a pandemic is

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I dont understand all these people that expect going on vacation in the middle of a pandemic to be risk free when it comes to measures dealing without breaks.

guess they just cant comprehend what a pandemic is

I know. Why get on a plane to go on holiday when the risk of things being shut down again is a very real chance. Makes no sense to me. Go on holiday in the UK. Plenty to do and see.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I know. Why get on a plane to go on holiday when the risk of things being shut down again is a very real chance. Makes no sense to me. Go on holiday in the UK. Plenty to do and see.
Seen a interview on the tv some expert saying that all holidays by plane are a bit screwed as now people will realise it can happen any time and any where.
i would be surprised that any insurance agency would cover your holidays for this now.
i mean to me it was obvious it could happen before this. But seems it was a dirty secret the travel industry was playing down / not mentioning cause they wanted money.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They shouldn't have to cover it tbh, you must be a right dope to fly somewhere on holiday atm.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They shouldn't have to cover it tbh, you must be a right dope to fly somewhere on holiday atm.
If they sell the policy they should cover it.

But yeah. You go abroad right now you're taking a risk. If you can live with quarantine then furry muff, but if you lose out financially because airlines and insurance companies act like dicks, when they were only too happy to take your cash...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If they sell the policy they should cover it.

But yeah. You go abroad right now you're taking a risk. If you can live with quarantine then furry muff, but if you lose out financially because airlines and insurance companies act like dicks, when they were only too happy to take your cash...

A lot of the new insurance right now is excluding any covid related issues so you obviously taking a risk these days.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
we have a rebooked vacation in October to Greece (originally it was in May) - after a lot of discussion as it is the one time of year it is good to leave the country (top up Vit D before the darkness really sets in) we have decided to cancel or see if they will let us pospone for 12 months and go next October - however I doubt they will. Good news is that I can purchase one of my lenses with some of the holiday money and put the rest away for an inevitable rainy day..

We have decided not to travel not because we lack insurance - we took out insurance for this holiday so we would still be covered for Corona issues - we have cancelled because we do not want to be part of the problem ...

The rest of Europe is talking of new shutdowns - I saw Belgium in the news this evening also mentions of France and Spain.....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
we have a rebooked vacation in October to Greece (originally it was in May) - after a lot of discussion as it is the one time of year it is good to leave the country (top up Vit D before the darkness really sets in) we have decided to cancel or see if they will let us pospone for 12 months and go next October - however I doubt they will. Good news is that I can purchase one of my lenses with some of the holiday money and put the rest away for an inevitable rainy day..

We have decided not to travel not because we lack insurance - we took out insurance for this holiday so we would still be covered for Corona issues - we have cancelled because we do not want to be part of the problem ...

The rest of Europe is talking of new shutdowns - I saw Belgium in the news this evening also mentions of France and Spain.....
Really good point.. travelling you are causing more of an issue cause you had to have a week in spain.. to the spanish health system, to the governement and any consular services... any extra cost to get home etc etc.
its quite selfish if you actually sit down and think about it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Did the same, we were due to head to Crete next week with 75 year old mother in law in tow, rebooked for next summer, lets see if we cam go then. Astonished i got my money back for flights to UK in May though, was meant to fly with Norwegian and seems they went pseudo bankrupt and are now owned by Chinese company that leased them their planes

Instead we are heading out to the woods, with no people for a week

Last edited:

Job

Not so my colleagues father in law - 85 tested postive for several weeks although as he is in an old peoples home he was kept isolated until it was clear. Have you thought that they may have tested them before they went home?

The tests for whether you have corona are 95% accurate - the antibody tests are far from accurate and are not to trusted when considering whether you should want to visit 70+ or at risk - no matter what you are being told.
It just gets better, now it turns out no one knows if hes actually been tested, the stroke nurse told his family and now they cant find any paper trail after they questioned him going home.
Theyre sending a nurse to do it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Really good point.. travelling you are causing more of an issue cause you had to have a week in spain.. to the spanish health system, to the governement and any consular services... any extra cost to get home etc etc.
its quite selfish if you actually sit down and think about it.

It's hardly selfish to go somewhere on holiday practically begging tourists to come and visit them. We're giving holidays a miss whilst we save for a house, but if we weren't, we'd have something booked for mid August now. We were supposed to go to Rome in May, so we'd probably be there.

I think it's fucking shocking that they've included the Balerics and Canaries though. The Canaries especially cannot really survive without tourism, and they've had bugger all in the way of cases.

Job

Because Ive been visiting my mother and shes been in contact with him.
We both took the test, self adminstered in a drive through.

Both negative, but I dont really have much faith in such unsuitable conditions doing it myself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's hardly selfish to go somewhere on holiday practically begging tourists to come and visit them.
Welsh business is begging, Welsh at-risk people are terrified.

It's rammed here as people take staycations.

I wouldn't say "selfish" - I'd probably say "imprudent".

We need much better weather for the rest of the summer tbpfh.

Bodhi

Welsh business is begging, Welsh at-risk people are terrified.

It's rammed here as people take staycations.

I wouldn't say "selfish" - I'd probably say "imprudent".

We need much better weather for the rest of the summer tbpfh.

Wales is good for a couple of days golfing round Conwy, wouldn't take the missus there though. Mostly as she hates the place.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wales is good for a couple of days golfing round Conwy, wouldn't take the missus there though. Mostly as she hates the place.
Caters to a different type of holidaymaker really.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's hardly selfish to go somewhere on holiday practically begging tourists to come and visit them. We're giving holidays a miss whilst we save for a house, but if we weren't, we'd have something booked for mid August now. We were supposed to go to Rome in May, so we'd probably be there.

I think it's fucking shocking that they've included the Balerics and Canaries though. The Canaries especially cannot really survive without tourism, and they've had bugger all in the way of cases.
It depends on your pov. If you are all about the income and commerce then ofc your view is different. If your about people and consequences / issues if shut downs happen etc then its a no brainer. Im commerce should take a step back.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
North Wales is great for a week or two. Beaches, mountains, lakes, rivers, what more do you want. If you need your fix of trashy then rhyl is always there also haha

Bodhi

It depends on your pov. If you are all about the income and commerce then ofc your view is different. If your about people and consequences / issues if shut downs happen etc then its a no brainer. Im commerce should take a step back.

I don't really think you can separate economic activity and people's well being tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom