Politics Coronavirus

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

The cabinet can put "stop crying over spilt milk" tweets out until they're blue in the face but this still isn't going away.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I guess hes VERY important to Boris and presumably even if he does let him go they'll still meet up in some castle for a hug.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
EY4vfHZXYAA3XGe.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I feel like a few months ago the only people who called it MSM were nutters like @Job now it seems anything anyone disagrees with is MSM and thus wrong

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I feel like a few months ago the only people who called it MSM were nutters like @Job now it seems anything anyone disagrees with is MSM and thus wrong
Have to disagree. Their behaviour has gotten worse and led to people like Flack committing suicide due to constant hounding. Did you not see the twitter video I posted? How is that acceptable under our social distancing rules?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The problem with the whole "mainstream media" thing is that it demonizes journalists with the implication that there's a more honest or credible counter-narrative out there; which is bollocks. Mouth-breathers on Reddit are not news.

As for Cummings getting door-stepped, or his family or his fucking optician; sorry but this is the very definition of "in the public interest". This is a man who has been manipulating the media for years, has no democratic accountability (why was he even on the SAGE committee for example? Not merely as an observer, but shaping policy?), and yet is clearly driving decisions that affect every man, woman and child in Britain.

What's going on with Cummings is not the hounding of some vacuous celebrity to sell papers and get likes, its shining a light on a deep problem with "democracy" in Britain, and if that means people in Dominic Cummings' life feel the fallout, so be it. He clearly thinks YOU are all gullible idiots based on yesterday's performance, so I don't see any particular reason to afford him civility or courtesy, and the fact that the "MSM" doing it is for the public good in this case.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There's also a whole campaign going on on social media with the hashtag ScumMedia driven by trolls as well as bots. A lot of what they are saying is not true/out of context and its intention is much the same as it is in the US with Trump. They are trying to radicalise people into not believing anyone who tries to hold the government to account.

The MSM tag has always been used in much the same way to try to push you to get your news from Infowars or some other shite.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There's also a whole campaign going on on social media with the hashtag ScumMedia driven by trolls as well as bots. A lot of what they are saying is not true/out of context and its intention is much the same as it is in the US with Trump. They are trying to radicalise people into not believing anyone who tries to hold the government to account.

The MSM tag has always been used in much the same way to try to push you to get your news from Infowars or some other shite.
Um so the baying MSM on Sunday outside Cummings house and the cunty sky reporter being at his parents breaking scottish law (he drove across the border) is not true?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Um so the baying MSM on Sunday outside Cummings house and the cunty sky reporter being at his parents breaking scottish law (he drove across the border) is not true?
Journalists are allowed to cross the border.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its pretty obscene regardless of what hes done to see a mob comprising of professional journalists, youtubers and passing idiots jeering and harassing a political figure with no obvious protection while streaming and photographing for social media accounts, so they can mark their credentials in the puritan movement.

Its a favourite trick of the hard left and now everyones doing it.
Ricky Gervais nailed it in his standup where he says being popular is better than being right or objective on social media.
Still though..'testing my eyesight' has to be one of the most epic gaffs in history, especially from a man with no personality to back it up.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's with all the twitter posts. :(
If I wanted to look at twitter I'd go and look at it there.
Mostly because that's where all the good humour posts were and it's a lot easier to share a twitter link than the picture/video only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom