Politics Coronavirus

Ormorof

FH is my second home
First time in my life that I could not hug/kiss one of my babies this morning when I delivered some much need toilet paper. Was so fucking hard and had to fight back the tears. Both of my babies are on the 1.5 million stay indoors for 12 weeks as of now list.

:(

My kids didn't really understand why we couldn't go visit their grandmother, shes old and has had lung issues for some years so shes in quarantine :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
:(

My kids didn't really understand why we couldn't go visit their grandmother, shes old and has had lung issues for some years so shes in quarantine :(
Hope she is ok and has help getting stuff delivered to her doorstep.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We are bringing her stuff shes in fine shape otherwise just bored out of her mind, suspect we will be overrun with wooly knitted socks after this :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You must also remember that taking stuff passes on the virus, make sure she washes her hands after handling anything you have touched.

6ft distance means fuck all if you hand over food that you have touched.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You must also remember that taking stuff passes on the virus, make sure she washes her hands after handling anything you have touched.

But what if it's had a bit of sunlight on it?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Thank you but I am well aware and told her to wash her hands and the outside door handle as she accidentally touched it. I then told her to disinfect all her door handles by washing with soap and warm water regularly.

Job

Splendid.

The weird thing is that the wifes friend is a nurse at our biggest nearby hospital and she says AE and intensive care are unusually quiet, there are very few cases around here yet and many people are putoff coming to hospital unless its a total emergency.

In fact they all spent most of the day in meetings preparing for the worst.
There isnt a single corona victim in intensive care.

Have the media turned up to photograph that?
Obviously not.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Splendid.

The weird thing is that the wifes friend is a nurse at our buggest nearby hospital and she says AE and intensive care are unusually quiet, thete are very few cases around here yet and many people are putoff coming to hospital unless its a total emergency.

In fact they all spent most of the day in meetings preparing for the worst.
There isnt a single corona victim in intensive care.

Good, stay away from hospitals unless you absolutely need to be there.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
We are getting another 2 week extension to the lockdown here, but it appears to be working.
Here's the translation..
DATA FOR ANDALUSIA: 1.725 positive for Coronavirus, 55 in intensive care and 47 dead. The number of new infections has descended in Andalusia for the second consecutive day. The data supplied by the Ministry of Health this Sunday indicates that there are 210 new cases. On Saturday it was 228 cases and on Friday 279 new cases. If this trend continues Andalusia will have succeed in flattening the curve of this pandemic, the first indication of getting it under control.

It's something.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
We are getting another 2 week extension to the lockdown here, but it appears to be working.
Here's the translation..
DATA FOR ANDALUSIA: 1.725 positive for Coronavirus, 55 in intensive care and 47 dead. The number of new infections has descended in Andalusia for the second consecutive day. The data supplied by the Ministry of Health this Sunday indicates that there are 210 new cases. On Saturday it was 228 cases and on Friday 279 new cases. If this trend continues Andalusia will have succeed in flattening the curve of this pandemic, the first indication of getting it under control.

It's something.

We're way better off here in the south than the guys in Madrid. The hospitals round my area (Marbella) have sent staff home to reduce the risk of contamination as there aren't many patients to deal with. The private hospitals have allocated resources for any overspill from the public ones but haven't had to use them yet.

Madrid is far worse being a big city. The hospitals there are full-on and families are being notified of deaths but not able to see the body in some cases due to risk of contamination.

Both of the above are first hand experiences from friends of mine working in these hospitals who I've been in contact with. The ones based near me are frustrated they can't do anything to help elsewhere but on the other hand we should be thankful our area isn't as problematic.

On another note, one thing I don't get is the fake news that's being churned out despite all of this. I mean it's not like we're running out of reasons for people to panic.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
We're way better off here in the south than the guys in Madrid. The hospitals round my area (Marbella) have sent staff home to reduce the risk of contamination as there aren't many patients to deal with. The private hospitals have allocated resources for any overspill from the public ones but haven't had to use them yet.

Madrid is far worse being a big city. The hospitals there are full-on and families are being notified of deaths but not able to see the body in some cases due to risk of contamination.

Both of the above are first hand experiences from friends of mine working in these hospitals who I've been in contact with. The ones based near me are frustrated they can't do anything to help elsewhere but on the other hand we should be thankful our area isn't as problematic.

On another note, one thing I don't get is the fake news that's being churned out despite all of this. I mean it's not like we're running out of reasons for people to panic.

It didn't help when half of Madrid bailed down here to their holiday homes. Perhaps if that hadn't happened we would be in even better shape.
Hola! btw

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Usual politically biased 'facto', they alting turn the story to warm weather, direct sunlight on surfaces will deactivate a virus.
The fact that it has been 'proven' to actually help with this virus spread is just adjusting the argument.

Where is your proof that sunlight can kill off the virus and therefore slow the spread?
My guess is you're full of shit and have none.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Isle of Man no longer a safe haven. Spoke to my mum today and she assured me that she will stay in doors. My brother will probably isolate with her and my nephew who lives in the house next door will do the shopping and drop it at the back door. I hope that she knows that she needs to wash her hands before and after putting the shopping away.....

Job

Embattle

FH is my second home
People should also be aware to help the NHS by trying to be more careful, the last thing it needs is people getting seriously injured at the same time as this virus is going round.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People should also be aware to help the NHS by trying to be more careful, the last thing it needs is people getting seriously injured at the same time as this virus is going round.
Avoided a really gnarly descent that looked amazing yesterday.

Still. Got out on the bike. Was great :)

Job

Boris is talking of house containment.
Great..you can go to work on the fucking hideous public transport, jammed together like cattle...but no strolling down the beach or walking the dog and night or weekends.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Boris is talking of house containment.
Great..you can go to work on the fucking hideous public transport, jammed together like cattle...but no strolling down the beach or walking the dog and night or weekends.
Nobody is jammed to gether like cattle. Bus services are stopping and being cut because hardly amyone is using them.

For key workers who require public transport they are stepping up cleaning massively. It's not perfect but what is the alternative to ferrying key workers around on necessary journeys?

People in public spaces aren't there out of absolute necessity - so if they're dumb enough to not keep a couple of meters apart then govt. is going to step in.

I don't actually see that you've got anything to moan about. If people stuck to rule 1 then there'd be no problem.

Rule 1 being: don't be a dick.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've heard from two completely unrelated people in the UK today that they have neighbours who've called the doctors saying they have symptoms and have been told "yup, sounds like Covid-19. Self-isolate for 14 days". And that's it. How many people in the UK actually have it but aren't being counted, because as I look at this map the UK looks like an extreme outlier:
covid22march.jpg
The UK is much lower than similar sized European countries despite a more dense population, and per cap is still much lower than small countries like Belgium and Ireland? Its all a bit fishy.

Job

Now the Mail has thrown in...
Lots of people feel better after a cough and fever, then symptoms return much worse and many die.

Jesus effing christ..what does 'lots and many' mean.

They are just creating panic.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've heard from two completely unrelated people in the UK today that they have neighbours who've called the doctors saying they have symptoms and have been told "yup, sounds like Covid-19. Self-isolate for 14 days". And that's it. How many people in the UK actually have it but aren't being counted, because as I look at this map the UK looks like an extreme outlier:
View attachment 41248
The UK is much lower than similar sized European countries despite a more dense population, and per cap is still much lower than small countries like Belgium and Ireland? Its all a bit fishy.

Yes if you ring the NHS and they think you have it they should come around and test you to confirm.
I really do think the number is a lot higher than they are saying.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
View attachment 41248
They are currently only testing those in hospital.

yup uk numbers suck. They wont be any good until they find a anti body test.

Back when we were on about 500 the government admitted the number was probably 10k more than that.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Spooky, I was ordering some medication online and checked my patient record and saw this was entered on the 20th:

High risk category for developing complications from COVID-19 infection (Y228a)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This is probably very pre-mature but I have severe asthma and I'm about 50% sure that Corona will kill me if I get it right now. When my Asthama flares up from a regular cold, at the very worst-case scenario, I need a nebuliser, best case scenario it's just a regular old cold that goes away in a few days. IF and I do mean IF I do die from it, however, I've instructed my wife to inform you buggers, take from that what you will, I don't expect tears or sympathy posts, I expect laughter and grotesque memes. That is my final wish (again, IF it comes to that)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is it or are you just posting shit on the internet? The only count that really matters is the number of people being lost. There's some information on that on this BBC article which shows we're 4x worse than Belgium in that regard. I guess that's being manipulated as well, yeah?
Yes if you ring the NHS and they think you have it they should come around and test you to confirm.
I really do think the number is a lot higher than they are saying.
Why on earth would anyone start sending NHS staff here there and everywhere collecting swabs to turn a 50/50 chance you have it into a confirmation. They'll still just tell you to stay in your own home until it becomes critical, if you get that bad you wouldn't need a fucking test to let you know.

What fucking nonsense, the pair of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom