Constantly Disabled?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyone else experience being disabled for ages since the latest patch?

It seems every player I come up against now Diables me for 15 or removes all my action points. Wtf is that about.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
yep it is commonplace since the new patch, looks like we will be waiting on 1.12 or a hotfix before it becomes playable again.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if it hasn't always been this way, but we never noticed so much without the grey-out thing?

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if it hasn't always been this way, but we never noticed so much without the grey-out thing?

ye Im thinking this is it aswell... Usaly the cast animation will start even if you are disabeled etc, so before if you were paying close attn you would'nt know if you were disabeled :p

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
I am seeing this ... and isnt there supposed to be an immunity? Seems I get chain disabled and disarmed all the time in t4 scenarios. Lots of other stuff is weird like getting hit from miles away by point blank abilities and enemies chain sprinting even if I pistolwhip them.

I am thinking massive server lag partly masked by poorly synced feedback mechanisms.

I do like the new changes to the interface but still game playability is at an all time low from where I am sitting.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
cal, see that "constantly disabled" ? thats you that is !

:p

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
The abilities work even if greyed out sometimes. It even says not available or you are disabled but somteimes they fire. In other words its bugged like hell. Cant trust the HUD at all.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I have noticed this recently too, I assumed the sudden change in amount of disabling was because of BG/KOTBS but I'm sure it has happened in situations where there are none around me so I dunno.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Disable must be fubar, there is seemingly no immunity, so classes who can seemingly spam aoe disable can wipe out the entire oposition force. Neutralises every DPS, Healer, Mage, the lot.

I was disabled tonight in Serpents Passage continuously for around 20 seconds before i finally died, that may not sound like a long time, but for a healer it is an eternity and more than long enough to watch your whole group die while you stand by and can do nothing...you can't even use potions while disabled, it's a real i-win button right now and i have no idea if it's bugged or working as intended.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
Well it used to be that the "immunity" reduced duration by 99% so you would still be stopped and interrupted but could continue immediately. Now it seems like a coin toss whether an ability works or not. However I frequently use my pistolwhip on shamans and zealots and they seem to shrug it off a lot of the time. Sometimes stopping for a second sometimes ignoring it. It is supposed to be a 3 sec stun. I have been experimenting with Confusing Movements to survive 4 orcs pounding on me but it doesent block or parry all attacks, only a few. Or can Orcs cast spells too perhaps? :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
At a wide guess it has something to do with the "new" Ui and Gcd management. To improve toolbar responsiveness and Gcd cooldowns counting they prolly fucked up something.
For example on my Swordmaster happens a lot that he "loses" the correct stance, Let's say i'm in Normal Balance, i hit a style which sets me in Improved Balance but i can't fire the Improved Styles, then suddenly the Perfect Balance ones lit up.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
At a wide guess it has something to do with the "new" Ui and Gcd management. To improve toolbar responsiveness and Gcd cooldowns counting they prolly fucked up something.
For example on my Swordmaster happens a lot that he "loses" the correct stance, Let's say i'm in Normal Balance, i hit a style which sets me in Improved Balance but i can't fire the Improved Styles, then suddenly the Perfect Balance ones lit up.

Thats gotta be annoying.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
I now stopped paying attention to cooldown graphics and just keep pushing buttons. Doing much better :)

Calaen

Still as annoying as ever, every time I find myself just stood around getting mangled hoping that I might actually be able to hit them back at least once before I die :p

The whole other realm stealthing when I stealth bug is the worst bug ever though. I mean come on I know we are OP but we gotta be able to see them to hit them!!!!!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
a guildie noticed that the "Unstoppable" buff only seems to comes up after the disable wears off - so in theory until then if you keep getting disabled it'll last longer and longer...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
a guildie noticed that the "Unstoppable" buff only seems to comes up after the disable wears off - so in theory until then if you keep getting disabled it'll last longer and longer...

This is another clear lack of coding, the immunity started when actually slam weared out in Daoc, there was clearly another check if the stun was applied already on target.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
This is another clear lack of coding, the immunity started when actually slam weared out in Daoc, there was clearly another check if the stun was applied already on target.

would have to do a proper test to see if repeated knockdowns/disables etc. are overwriting or if it's just perception though.

Calaen

Something just is not right, I don't mind being stunned/disabled, but when I am both for over 10 seconds with no way around it that blows. My stupid fooking fleet footed isn't really working either which does not help.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The only time I seem to be disabled for a long time is when I get assist trained - which means I'm dead whatever happens.

I'm not sure if it's perception or stacking disables that are causing that though - it might be I'm only disabled for 5s but because I'm being slaughtered with no way of escaping it feels much longer.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The only time I seem to be disabled for a long time is when I get assist trained - which means I'm dead whatever happens.

I'm not sure if it's perception or stacking disables that are causing that though - it might be I'm only disabled for 5s but because I'm being slaughtered with no way of escaping it feels much longer.

Same, i think it's something to do with a Chosen ability, but im not sure.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Logged in disgust yday night whatever is that broke the immunities, ONCE again.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
would have to do a proper test to see if repeated knockdowns/disables etc. are overwriting or if it's just perception though.

Easily done, find some Harpies, pull 3-4 and watch the show.

Harpy #1 applies a 4sec stun

stun tics down to 1sec

Harpy #2 applies 4 sec stun

Stun #1 wears out, no immunity as long as you're kept restunned by the others. If one stun runs out without another one being applied/active, you get the immunity buff.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
That would explain how it's possible to be incapacitated for such a long time.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
This is out of control. The CC in war is worse than wow and DAoC atm. I was just starting to enjouy the game again but, being rooted/disabled and unable to move for over 10 seconds while being nuked down is just BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom