Constantly Disabled?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Watched our group be chain disabled today over and over and over by a destro tank assist train and i have to admit, it is getting to a stage now where it is being abused and groups seem to be playing this as their main tactic. Chain disable your enemy then kill them as they can do nothig at all to defend themselves.

It has to change before disable becomes the new aoe mezz/stun (whoever hits first, wins), not sure how much more of this i can stand :(

Urgat

Part of the furniture
hmm

me too...

10 mins in serpants passage last night... swung my axe a total of about 10 times... rest of the time i was eith diabled / stunned / knockddown / disarmed.

Something doesnt feel right... certainly didnt notice ANY imunity at all.

I am also unable to Use "Juggernaught" whilst in any of those states... and the tool tip says thats what it is suposed to rid me off!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can't be arsed with this shit tbh, wonder if they test anything before releasing patches.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Got a new one today. My enemy target is just randomly changing. I thought it must have been me at fiert catching tab but when i was dead and dest were miles away it was still cycling through them all. Almost as if I was assisting a dest healer.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
For a game where we were promised there wouldn't be any stuns, I do seem to spend an awful lot of my time stunned. Mind you, Mythic promised there wouldn't be stealthers either...

peo

Fledgling Freddie
There are way to much CC overall imo.
Whats the point of actually trying to do anything as melee if you regardless of healing die within 2 sec without being able to do squat due to being disabled.
Whats the point of having a tankwall in a keep if they can be disabled and rendered useless by one instant aoe disable spell?
At the very least a aoe disable should have a casttime of 50% of the duration which would balance out the power of it, that is no more spamming of it.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
the whole game needs rubbed out and re-written

nothing works as it should or as was promised

Afran

Part of the furniture
I haven't experienced this constantly disabled at all ;o only ever really disabled by DoK's morale

Nate

FH is my second home
Finding after being stunned by some effects, the icon stays at 0s and I'm still disabled I'm able to run around as if I'm not stunned but abilities are still greyed out. If you see one of these abilities doing similar I'd suggest bug reporting it.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
For a game where we were promised there wouldn't be any stuns, I do seem to spend an awful lot of my time stunned. Mind you, Mythic promised there wouldn't be stealthers either...

No Stealthers. We have 2.

Minimal CC - every class has at least one form, and while it's not long duration in many cases it is spammable and the immunity is short.

There would be no grinding. Oops - grinding PQ's, Dungeons, Armor, Inf. I could go on.

What irritates me is that much like a politician, Mark Jacobs made some very clear, categoric statements then 180'ed on them without saying anything.

The disable bug drives me nuts as both WE's and Mara's spam it - i seem to spend about 6 out of every 10 seconds not being able to use any abilities in large fights.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
There seems to be little point playing a caster now.

The destro tanks have range as good as my BW, I get either pulled in the middle and/or disabled and silenced and have absolutely no defence at all. I thought the general idea was casters get range and bit hits in return for no armour. Now tanks get the range and the armour, and I am not allowed to hit them as I am disabled for so long I am dead before I can hit.

Even if I do hit a tank it seems to have very little effect.

DAOC was caster heaven in rvr, WAR seems to be tank heaven.

Unless the balance is restored a little and some defence against stuns is introduced then it will spoil the game for me, it already is doing.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Threw it in today quite unceramoniously, chain rooted, stunned, disabled, disarmed....game over. Logged before i spat the dummy to prevent my poor guild mates having to listen to me go on a rant (they are quite tollerant of my short fuse, I really don't deserve em truth be told ;)) :(

Had enough of it now, it seems to be the fotm tactic and there is no defence as the immunity timers are absent or fubar and the counters are on long timers.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Threw it in today quite unceramoniously, chain rooted, stunned, disabled, disarmed....game over. Logged before i spat the dummy to prevent my poor guild mates having to listen to me go on a rant (they are quite tollerant of my short fuse, I really don't deserve em truth be told ;)) :(

Had enough of it now, it seems to be the fotm tactic and there is no defence as the immunity timers are absent or fubar and the counters are on long timers.

Same here....totaly pointless in playing a caster/healer in rvr now.....this disable crap has gone way to far , i'm not the one that usually complain (since its a game bla bla bla)....but one cant take to much of it , we are after all paying for this :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Subs ran out on 22nd, if i don't see a clear patch about it i won't renew.
Yeh yeh no1 gives a fuck for sure.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Could we have some sort of confirmation as to whether or not being disabled for up to a minute at a time (if you live that long) is broken, or working as intended?

I'm aware that there's a graphics issue which means some skills are greyed out when they're actually usable, but even so...

Urgat

Part of the furniture
thing is, its the same on my blorc...

chain disbled,

the imunities are none existant...

something is broken. i urge people to report it.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Had great fun tonight on the WH - spent over 30 seconds chain-disabled (not just greyed out, i was pressing keys). Gave up and just ran out of heal range to die on some tanks, hey presto abilities came back up once i respawned.

Have to say i'm rapidly losing interest in the game between the assorted bugs that get swapped every patch for a bunch of new ones, and the lack of real endgame (i don't call endless sc farming and BO/Keep trains an endgame).

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
All I have to say is :kissit:. And to only think that people were complaining about daoc cc :(

Urgat

Part of the furniture
All I have to say is :kissit:. And to only think that people were complaining about daoc cc :(

TBH, i preffered DAOC's CC... at least when it was broken, you were actually IMUNE for a while.

The imunities need fixing in WAR, there clearly not functioning as they should be.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
TBH, i preffered DAOC's CC... at least when it was broken, you were actually IMUNE for a while.

The imunities need fixing in WAR, there clearly not functioning as they should be.

Seems amazing that the problem they had for years in DAoC with CC seems to be the same one they are having with WAR....you would have thought they might have done it all correctly this time after all the problems before? Guess some people never learn from their mistakes.:ninja:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Some form of crowd control is warranted -- it adds tactical depth. But why give so many different forms to so many different classes? Absolutely stupid design. High DPS classes with long range pulling powers? :m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

Well yeah, daoc cc was far better than this shite we're facing now. At least there you had demezz, purge, CB, etc. Now I feel like I'm running for the para-olympics :(

edit: also, is it politically correct to spam people with the line "you are disabled" every second?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well yeah, daoc cc was far better than this shite we're facing now.

couldn't agree more. the "cc" in warhammer seems to be designed to please griefers more then anything.

fatgit

Loyal Freddie
Finally took part in my first Fortress defence lastnight. I say took part, but once the enemy got onto the ramp to the Lord's room, I was perma-disabled. Only the 4 server crashes interrupted it.

Definitely broken, and worse than being stunlocked in a game that shall never be mentioned.
As a tank, I should be part of an immovable wall of meat shields, not flat on my back unable to do a thing for the entire battle.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Logged on for first time in a while tonight (working through Christmas).

Ouch. This still isn't fixed.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
yay your back, Destruction need a kick up the backside dude. Been trying but I've been close to logging off a good few times due to morons getting their free 1k rp's from bo's :(

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone else getting Invalid target? It's a strange bug that I seem to be getting more and more. My character plays out the animations but does no dmg. It's not till I look at the logs I see invalid target. I've started deselecting and rselecting the target if the anticipated dmg isnt happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom