PC Master Race Consoles Vs PCs

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stop saying that gaming on a console is "better" then, because it objectively isn't (not necessarily you, but console proponents in general).

Now we're starting to use more suitable adjectives.
If the game play is exactly the same and you would use a controller to play it on a pc. Like dark souls or whatever. Then i dont see the big deal about a few more fps. But thats just me.

leggy

Probably Scottish
It will take you about that long to realise it isn't very good.
I agree and that's all that counts... To me.

It's a big bag of shite with a sexy woman with black eye make up... And a stump.

I'd lick that stump.

leggy

Probably Scottish
What happens when you build a room, fill it with retards and ask them all to lick the same doughnut?

This.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Consoles used to better than a PC, if only because the games had more investment, you couldn't buy anything that came close to Zelda 64 is sheer quality for the PC, but don't PC games come out much later? GTAV took frickin ages to appear on PC.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Consoles used to better than a PC, if only because the games had more investment, you couldn't buy anything that came close to Zelda 64 is sheer quality for the PC, but don't PC games come out much later? GTAV took frickin ages to appear on PC.

Zelda was tailor made for a console controller. Fair do's. No reason it couldn't have come out on a PC but for the console-driven proprietory hardware consumer lock-in malarky tho.

Games that come out second on PC, especially when they're actually developed on PC's, is another symptom of console AIDS. At least when they finally come out on PC they get the draw distance, the original textures before they had to downgrade them to consoles, a better variety of control methods, a proper framerate, modding capability, higher resolutions, cheaper prices, yadda yadda yadda.

The up-front costs of consoles are relatively cheap. But their customers do get milked. Especially if you're a kid - because unless you're a bit of a thickie you'd prefer a bigger up-front-cost gaming PC, and all the free downloading of games you can get your hands on a la the long tradition of piracy. But mummy and daddy may not be able to afford the extra couple of hundred quid for a proper next-gen console beater - so you get stuck with a console - nowadays effectively a shit PC and a tiny handful of games that Microsoft and Sony DRM you in the ass with so you can't even swap tapes with your mates like you used to in the good old days.

To be fair. It leaves the PC space looking like a rather run-down michelin starred restaurant and the console space looking like a well-polished KFC.

The problem with KFC, however, is that no matter how clean it is, you're still eating brain scrapings...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Zelda was tailor made for a console controller. Fair do's. No reason it couldn't have come out on a PC but for the console-driven proprietory hardware consumer lock-in malarky tho.

Games that come out second on PC, especially when they're actually developed on PC's, is another symptom of console AIDS. At least when they finally come out on PC they get the draw distance, the original textures before they had to downgrade them to consoles, a better variety of control methods, a proper framerate, modding capability, higher resolutions, cheaper prices, yadda yadda yadda.

The up-front costs of consoles are relatively cheap. But their customers do get milked. Especially if you're a kid - because unless you're a bit of a thickie you'd prefer a bigger up-front-cost gaming PC, and all the free downloading of games you can get your hands on a la the long tradition of piracy. But mummy and daddy may not be able to afford the extra couple of hundred quid for a proper next-gen console beater - so you get stuck with a console - nowadays effectively a shit PC and a tiny handful of games that Microsoft and Sony DRM you in the ass with so you can't even swap tapes with your mates like you used to in the good old days.

To be fair. It leaves the PC space looking like a rather run-down michelin starred restaurant and the console space looking like a well-polished KFC.

The problem with KFC, however, is that no matter how clean it is, you're still eating brain scrapings...
I dont know anyone who pirates pc games any more. They are so reduced in,price after three months and downloadable from legit places that its not worth the hastle any more.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cause you had a guy in the industry that told you so. So it had to be true.
I don't know what you mean by that?

Saw Mad Max in IMAX with the missus. We both really liked it. It's a straight-up action movie that's big and dumb, sure, but intelligently shot, with no unnecessary fat, it's spectacular, the leads are all great. What's not to like? Unless you're Job and you dislike the overabundance of feminism equality...

Have you actually seen it yourself @Moriath?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dont know anyone who pirates pc games any more. They are so reduced in,price after three months and downloadable from legit places that its not worth the hastle any more.
I agree. I don't know any adults who do that.

But if you can read (which I'm not sure you can) - what does my post very clearly state?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Yeah, the peasants beta tested it for us before the ultimate edition came out on PC :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Gaming isn't a lot more expensive on my console than it is on my pc.. If you frequent sites like hotukdeals you can get a good deal almost every time.

I paid £35 for Bloodborne, thoroughly enjoyed it, got £38 trade in a few weeks later.. same goes for the new Batman, it cost me £35 for the special edition (steel box, silicon controller thingy and 3 "dlcs") and it's currently worth £39 to trade in.. if I put £10 to that and buy something else I've spent a total of £45 / £22.50 per AAA release

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Prices on the "high street" where (probably) the majority of console players will pick up their games, tell a different story,

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Funny. When it's console talk it's the highest possible example, high street prices and £400 TVs, but when it's PCs you can make a £1 toaster with some gum run a £10 copy of GTA V.

F*cks sake if you fanbois can't agree that consoles are cheaper, you have no f*cking idea what you're talking about.

And yes, this is probably the first instance on the forums that the word fanboi is apt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Most of the time (in fact, the vast majority of the time) PC game prices on the "high street" (supermarkets, video game stores etc) are lower than console prices. That was my point, you absolute fool.

I picked up GTA V on launch day for the PC and I paid €39.99. Meanwhile, a couple of aisles away in the console section, it was selling for €49.99 on PS4 and Xbox One. Not complicated maths.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Most of the time (in fact, the vast majority of the time) PC game prices on the "high street" (supermarkets, video game stores etc) are lower than console prices. That was my point, you absolute fool.

I picked up GTA V on launch day for the PC and I paid €39.99. Meanwhile, a couple of aisles away in the console section, it was selling for €49.99 on PS4 and Xbox One. Not complicated maths.
But i can trade back my console title and you cant your pc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Who says you can't on PC? I remember doing it loads at CeX (I don't know if they still exist) and a 10 second google led me here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

And the steam version, the big reason to have a PC(ease of purchase etc) you're still paying 60€ for GTA V.

The price thing only works if you either find the highest price for both sides, or the lowest price for both sides. "You fool".

You're doing the same thing i said, even in a reply to the very thing said :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Who says you can't on PC? I remember doing it loads at CeX (I don't know if they still exist) and a 10 second google led me here.
You still go and buy boxed games for the pc? I havent in years. All downloaded. I only buy boxed games for the consoles. Most places. Even game in the uk have a very limited selection of pc games.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's settle this then.

Wih lowest prices in mind, which would cost you more, if you have an empty room in your house with nothing in it outside a place to put the gear on, sit and electric wiring;

- Getting a current gen console and play GTA V without too many problems(performance wise). We're talking TV, console, controller, game, etc.
- Getting a PC and playing GTA V on it without too many problems(performance wise). We're talking monitor, mouse, kb, speakers etc.

I'd also like to get and play this game today after work if possible.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And the steam version, the big reason to have a PC(ease of purchase etc) you're still paying 60€ for GTA V.

The price thing only works if you either find the highest price for both sides, or the lowest price for both sides. "You fool".

You're doing the same thing i said, even in a reply to the very thing said :p
How do you not fall down more? :(

My example used two prices of the same game on different platforms in the same shop on the same day. That playing field literally could not be more level.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You still go and buy boxed games for the pc? I havent in years. All downloaded. I only buy boxed games for the consoles. Most places. Even game in the uk have a very limited selection of pc games.
Ok, I'll give you that. (I did buy GTA 5 boxed because my internet is too shit to download ~60 GB)

But digital delivery will probably take over on consoles before long and then you won't have the ability to trade in games either so it's not really a tick in the console column for the future.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I put down an example for you, go nuts. Prove the superior gaming platform to be cheaper too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But we've already discussed the hardware costs (and that the consoles themselves probably work out cheaper even though you could *probably* put together a comparably powerful PC* for the same sort of money). We're talking about games now.

*let's use a TV over HDMI for the PC so you don't even need to buy speakers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We're talking about games now.

We talked about that already, depends on shop/game etc. Not relevant. In your own "games will go completely digital" you're paying 60€ for GTA V on steam.

That's 60€ for a digital copy.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If I can walk in to a shop and pay € 10 less for the PC version of a game, I don't know what makes you think they'll be equally priced to download. There's all sorts of licensing and royalty bullshit that comes with publishing a game on console, that's not simply going to go away with a different delivery method.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We talked about that already, depends on shop/game etc. Not relevant. In your own "games will go completely digital" you're paying 60€ for GTA V on steam.

That's 60€ for a digital copy.

That's from steam, it was being sold elsewhere far cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom