Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Meh, PCs for proper games.

Consoles for party games/group fun.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Here you go... now stop derailing every fucking thread!!!!
Actually - all I did was make the unhappy observation that Doom's gameplay was sadly hobbled by console controller design.

An on-topic post in a gaming forum in the PC gaming thread. If you can't discuss it in there, where can you?

But yeah, what @Raven said, basically :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I don't understand what that means.

Since I rebuilt my PC last year I find anything less that 60fps a bit shit.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Wait, you can play games on the PC?

Sorry , I just saw the NSFW tag and, well, I was drawn in. What can I say, it's in my nature

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I have both and I play more on the PC then then console, but they both play their parts.
Playing games like rockband with a mouse and keyboard on a PC is a little close to reality for my taste :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah both have their merits and both have their hardcore games and their shits and giggles games.

And as i've said before, if it's an if/or situation then i'd rather a game be made available for consoles and modded later on PC to fix things, then remove a game(or a story) from over half of the gamers out there.

Best is ofcourse to make ports work and not half-ass it at final stages. Like there's plenty of games that work on both systems in their own way, such as GTA(about time one of them did), saints, dark souls and so on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Playing games like rockband with a mouse and keyboard on a PC is a little close to reality for my taste :p
Absolutely. I'd never play PES or a fighty game on a mouse and keyboard.

It's just playing FPS's on consoles is like to stabbing your fun to death. Then shitting on your dead fun. Then eating your dead shit-covered fun, only to shit it out again.

And re-stab it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
BUT TEH NENTODO WEE SOLD MORE THAN PEE ESS 4 AND XBONX COMBINED

THEREFORE ITS THE BEST

LELS U FEGITS

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Because paying way too much for a plastic box filled with outdated and underpowered hardware is well worth the "benefit" of not having to upgrade...

Right? :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Absolutely. I'd never play PES or a fighty game on a mouse and keyboard.

It's just playing FPS's on consoles is like to stabbing your fun to death. Then shitting on your dead fun. Then eating your dead shit-covered fun, only to shit it out again.

And re-stab it.

Must admit I'm quite enjoying Farcry 4 on PS4 at the moment, but then, not being a cack-handed spastic, I find aiming with a controller quite easy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Gta v was infinitly easier on the pc with mouse and keybpard. Farcry is easy to play on the console but the aiming would be easier on a pc. I would never play an online fps on a console. Not that i play much fps online anyway. But eg i would only buy battlefield on the pc.

But for any game single player either is acceptable.

Bodhi

So you're saying mouse and keyboard makes things easier, meaning it's for people who just aren't very good at games?

Makes sense :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sigh. Really? You can aim more accurately and more quickly on PC, with raw input that isn't assisted because of the limitations of trying to aim on a non-precise device like a stick or a dpad on a console controller. A mouse is "move the mouse, the gun aims there", a console controller is "point the stick in the direction you want the reticule to move, it moves a bit, release the stick at just the right moment oh shit you went a bit too far, back it up a little bit". This is why console FPSs use aim assist, it's like a little gravitational field around each baddie that draws the aim towards it. Which one of those 2 scenarios sounds like it's trying to make life easier for the gamer? The one with aim ASSIST, or the one without?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you're saying mouse and keyboard makes things easier, meaning it's for people who just aren't very good at games?
Personally, I figured out the square pegs and round holes conundrum when I was five.

Right tool for the job, n' all.

Bodhi

Personally, I figured out the square pegs and round holes conundrum when I was five.

Right tool for the job, n' all.

Enough about your sex life, what about games? :)

Seriously I couldn't give a shit either way, I used to play on a PC, Now I use a PlayStation, can't say I am enjoying games any less. Just play what you enjoy.

Except if it's xbox. They suck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just play what you enjoy.
I don't think anyone's saying not do that.

But the this thread was started because of the PC gaming thread about doom 4 and the fact that FPS's are nerfed nowadays because they have to cater to a control mechanism that would be inadequate if they ramped it up several notches.

So yes, play what you enjoy. It's just a shame that the mass-participation thing of consoles has inadvertently lessened the potential enjoyment that PC-only titles used to bring because of an uncompromised level of control.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But the this thread was started because of the PC gaming thread about doom 4 and the fact that FPS's are by nerfed nowadays because they have to cater to a control mechanism that would be inadequate if they ramped it up several notches.

Which. Is. Bullsh*t. (as is your additional claims on that thread on how game design works)

I can ask the same here, just regarding controls;

Who here can give an example of a game that couldn't be ported to a console because it has a controller? Any FPS, any time, that absolutely requires a mouse+kb?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Who here can give an example of a game that couldn't be ported to a console because it has a controller? Any FPS, any time, that absolutely requires a mouse+kb?
Daoc

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which. Is. Bullsh*t. (as is your additional claims on that thread on how game design works)

That's the wrong question and you know full well it is. Typical Toht straw man argument

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's the wrong question and you know full well it is. Typical Toht straw man argument

It's not. It's just a fact of game design. Controls don't define the game, controls are designed for the game.

That doesn't exclude poor design as i've stated many times before, but it's a fact that stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom