PC Master Race Consoles Vs PCs

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I put down an example for you, go nuts. Prove the superior gaming platform to be cheaper too.

Already been done but you are too stubborn/dumb to understand it, so what would be gained from doing it again?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If I can walk in to a shop and pay € 10 less for the PC version of a game

Some shops.

That's from steam, it was being sold elsewhere far cheaper.

This applies to the whole discussion then.

So, depending on shop and game, you might get a cheaper deal on either platform. Gee, that's insightful.

Let me guess; doesn't apply to consoles afterall, or "you don't get it", or "you so stupid". Hmm?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I did.

I mean we could go down to the Nth degree and ask, how many hours game play did you get out of fallout 3 on PC? and how many hours would you have got out of Fallout 3 on a console? with mods/without mods.

An unmodded game has what? 50 hours gameplay? I know I sank 200odd into Fallout 3, mostly because the life of the game got extended massively by mods.

But what's the point? You would only start wittering on about something completely unrelated, get yourself in a mixup and start sticking your fingers in your ears again. Because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

There comes a point whenever you are arguing about something that you suddenly realise how totally wrong you are then hit the bollocks button and just infill everything with nonsense, usually around post 2.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Some shops.
If you say so. I'm going to say (with confidence) that the vast majority of shops (if not all of them) that stock both PS4/Xbone and PC versions of the same game will have the PC version out for less money.

And I see you haven't responded to my licensing/royalty point. It seems you can't waffle your way out of that one so you just ignore it, right?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I used to trade games in when I was 15. I have an income now though.
I have an income but i would be stupid if i wanted a new game and had one i had finished with not to trade my finished title against the new one. Unless i had infinite money of course. If that applies to you then fair play. Can i have a loan hehe

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If you say so. I'm going to say (with confidence) that the vast majority of shops (if not all of them) that stock both PS4/Xbone and PC versions of the same game will have the PC version out for less money.

And I see you haven't responded to my licensing/royalty point. It seems you can't waffle your way out of that one so you just ignore it, right?
Yes i agree. Because the console makers charge a fee to release on their hardware so it is therefore usually more expensive. However the aaa titles for pc are within a fiver or so if you buy from the wrong places.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I imported all my consoles from Japan before they came out from those back page importers in 90s game magazines...master system..genesis..jaguar (yes) , N64, always had to use some silly adaptor,.but still compared to a PC , the games were insta load and you didn't have to pray to the god of basic that the game would get past the driver load and just hang..reboot win95..hang...wish ebola on Bill Gates, reboot...then lockup just before a save point.
God they were bad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have an income but i would be stupid if i wanted a new game and had one i had finished with not to trade my finished title against the new one. Unless i had infinite money of course. If that applies to you then fair play. Can i have a loan hehe

Must be a console thing, short attention span. I still go back to games from ages ago. Recently had another play through of Xcom Enemy of Unknown.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Must be a console thing, short attention span. I still go back to games from ages ago. Recently had another play through of Xcom Enemy of Unknown.
Might just be a me thing. Got too many new things to play to worry about all the old ones.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I imported all my consoles from Japan before they came out from those back page importers in 90s game magazines...master system..genesis..jaguar (yes) , N64, always had to use some silly adaptor,.but still compared to a PC , the games were insta load and you didn't have to pray to the god of basic that the game would get past the driver load and just hang..reboot win95..hang...wish ebola on Bill Gates, reboot...then lockup just before a save point.
God they were bad.
Gaming on a pc was a lot more challenging pre win95 with extended and expanded memory to get around the 640k of base memory and access to proper type for the rest of it.

Also fiddling with memory managers to free up base memory inorder to just run stuff.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Facepalm to the power of facepalm for that effort, I'm afraid.

Given that you supposedly have some sort of role in this industry, your contributions to this thread have been embarrassing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I believe this discussion is ridicilous and not worth any serious answers past page 1.

Even after saying that like 5 pages ago, still you hop along. I'm a god among trolls.

Not to mention how many times Raven has said "Not worth bothering", or to same extent.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So instead of having a sensible discussion about the very industry in which you (supposedly) work, you'd rather just be a dick?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know what that smiley represents seeing as any deviation away from "sensible" is pretty much down to you every time...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Then he'll pull out some hilarious ratings for people who pull him up on i... oh wait he already did that.

He was genuinely defending whatever his point was yesterday and then all of a sudden he realises that he's just talking absolute nonsense and there's no escape so OMG LOL GUYS I CANT BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THAT LOL.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There's nothing to discuss, it's all obvious and it's all given. Only thing i'd disagree with this whole thing is with scouse about controls affecting level design, but even that is down to the developer and design methods.

Everyone with half a brain knows the differences, how PC performance is compared, how consoles affect PC games, how this and that are personal choices and so on and blahdiblah.

But you lot are so freaking easily woundup that if you were inuits i could sell you freezers filled with ice.

Hell, you'll probably be wound up by this post alone even if i say it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A troll isn't someone who talks bollocks then furiously back peddles.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't buy it. All that bullshit you were spouting about backwards compatibility was your actual stance until you realised how hilariously wrong you were.

The reason I brought up the backwards compatibility issue was that I quite fancied having another go at FF12 (not fussed on platform) as I never got around to finishing it.

To do so I would have to buy a second hand PS2, even though I have a PS3 plugged in and ready to go. Its a stupid situation and is unheard of on PC.

Toht can try and find some obscure 90s PC game that doesn't run if he likes but that doesn't change the fact that consoles just aren't backwards compatible, what makes it even more stupid is that I could illegally download the game and play it on an emu, on my PC.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Should i justify a collective facepalming effort in regards to your small-minded bickering over console/pc? You know what, i wont.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol at Toht agreeing with people commenting on the state of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom