This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming up.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by old.Tohtori, Jan 24, 2012.

1. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Slowly :p

On a more helpful note I have just started cross faction trading using the Nar Shadaa AH as my transfer point and the profit opportunities are huge!

The Republic sides AH is poorly developed on my server so certain things are very cheap that are expensive on the Imp side - MmMmm...

2. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

Hmm so that's why I couldn't see my sales on the Nar Shadaa GTN when looking from Imp Fleet?

3. Soazak

Soazak Part of the furniture

Yea, Nar Shaddaa is a cross-faction AH, while the Fleet is your own faction only. Is the one in Nar Shadaa actually active? Didn't think it would be used much but might give it a go if it is.

4. rynnor

No its dead but its the only way to share resources over your republic/imp characters.

5. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

There isn't 500 things in this game that is worth putting up on there, so your problem are solved before it began. :)

6. rynnor

Heh well if you were to start selling item mods like Armoring/mods etc you would get there in no time - up to 7 armoring mods for a single buyer x the multiple (8? types) x 20 odd versions would soon add up. Thats 56 to supply enough armoring mods for 1 person of each of the 8 types at one level - god forbid you want to supply multiple people - that would mean thousands.

7. Raven

Raven Shut up, Just shut up! FH Subscriber

That's basically all I sell in WoW. Cut gems and enchantment materials. One bit of armour takes 3ish gems in wow so they sell like hot cakes. I imagine its the same for SWTOR with mods. Like any MMO I plan to be self sufficient eventually, I just need a nice steady income so that I can grind crafting on alts and I will be happy.

8. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

do dailies
    90 mins of belsavius + ilum = 200k + , once per day

9. Raven

Yeah, only 44 on my main at the moment. Taking it easy and enjoying the story :)

10. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

I made 900k selling old craft materials. I have an alt on the go so I send my main out farming materials and after a few nights throw it in the gtn

11. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

http://www.swtor.com/node/313694

12. Soazak

Soazak Part of the furniture

Some good changes in that, specifically the 16 man operations being looked at, and the PvP changes to bags/AFKers. :)

13. rynnor

Heh - option to vote kick idlers - that wont be abused to eject level 11s in warzones - certainly not :p

14. Raven

Getting sick and tired of Hutt ball. Can't seem to find any way to enter other instances though.

It is a very cold hard wall you hit at 50. Will most probably sub another month and level something else but can't see it holding interest for long.

15. Bahumat

I quit today. Even using a bot to join warzones could not save it for me. I hate having to do a dungeon over and over to get gear which enables me to get the next set. I loved spending time in gear bunny finding items to get those last few resists in a template.

I think letting the player use his own initiative to come up with a template is how things should be done. Pvp itself is ok, but ilum and warzones are so boring

16. Raven

Yeah. I came very close to re-subbing DAOC today.

Shit no, I think I need to see a doc!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Raven

urg. Found my log ins and found a free 14 day trial.

Oh dammit, I could just take a look. a look wont hurt!

18. Hawkwind

Hawkwind FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Huttball should be avoidable when you queue. I don't want to play that WZ as a Gunslinger. But getting banned for a time from other WZ's just for bugging out before it even starts would be painful. I would like to know the WZ I am selecting to enter and have the choice of entering or waiting for a different one. Or the queue system changed to allow you to select which WZ's you want to queue for.

19. Raven

I cancelled mine today, 3 days left on the free trial. Most of the people I started playing with are binning it too, of the 20 or so from my WoW guild that bought it, only 5 are staying another month.

20. Mabs

of the 30ish people in our guild, 2 have quit, one due to RL stuff, one cos hes bored

rest are still enjoying themselves, go figure :p

21. Raven

I guess they must like 24/7 huttball then :)

It's too similar to WoW really, obviously not the lore and the classes but the pvp style. instanced battle grounds and expertise chasing. Except WoW has the ranked arenas too. If people want a gear grind based pvp game then wow offers more choice.

22. Mabs

nope, but then swtor isnt 100% pvp is it
    theres other stuff to do :p

23. Bahumat

Yeah but neither is wow...or were you being sarcastic?

The pvp is better in star wars in terms of how the classes work, however the bgs and ilum is utter turd

24. leviathane

leviathane Part of the furniture

lol so after all the qq and them saying it was rubbish they then put this in the patch fix

Alderaan Civil War

• The Eastern Turret no longer fires twice under some circumstances when it is captured by the Imperials.

25. Turamber

Turamber Part of the furniture

Indeed. The number of Imps saying it was a graphical glitch etc was unreal. Ridiculous how long they have taken to get it fixed.

In other news I'm not surprised to see people quitting. The end game is very reminiscent of every other MMOG out there, albeit with lightsabres. I am not a huge fan of end game but will stick around a while longer to try out the other storylines.

They'd certainly keep my interest in end game PvP if gear was not the be all and end all of the game. Realm abilities were much better in my opinion as if the person was unskilled and high RR they could still be beaten by a lower RR skilled player more often than not. But the expertise stat gives you a huge advantage, and the other person a huge disadvantage, making PvP rather dull at maximum level until you get geared.

Meh, I'd rather roll an alt and explore the storyline. But if they're going to keep me long term they'll need to change the end game substantially.

26. BigE

BigE One of Freddy's beloved

majority of my guild have now quit.. theres only so many times you can do the same quest / wz day after day to gear up

27. svartalf

Interesting stuff. I'm particularly interested in the Alterac-Valley-esque thing they are working on.
    http://toroz.com.au/2012/03/interview-biowares-gabe-amatangelo-on-pvp-server-transfers/

Also this:

28. Raven

Let me know when they have fixed the endless, tedious Huttball and removed game breaking pvp stats.

29. svartalf

More guff:

30. svartalf

Yet more guffanation:

• Like Like x 1