Come back to Thid one and all...

Bite

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
Thid bit shit atm thoe running round on unbuffed bm cant really do much;) and this kelgar felow fights runs back to apk waits till dt back up lol noob:)

unboofed is for the real thrillseekers imo :)

sorry for adding on ur fight today against that inf, thought u got jumped when u helped me out of that nasty mezz :)

its amazing how many fotm boofed mercs who wants to duel my unboofed skald...and then still use dt..../sigh

lullah

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Bite said:
unboofed is for the real thrillseekers imo :)

sorry for adding on ur fight today against that inf, thought u got jumped when u helped me out of that nasty mezz :)

its amazing how many fotm boofed mercs who wants to duel my unboofed skald...and then still use dt..../sigh

lullah
aye DT in a 1vs1 (skillzzzzz) with fotm crush spec, 2nd style from a anytime gives a 6sec?? stun? thats just too long for thidranki :p

same goes for buffed reavers imo.
with all their easy mode soulrendering spells and a large stun time on after block.

Dorimor1

Banned
Devilseye said:
aye DT in a 1vs1 (skillzzzzz) with fotm crush spec, 2nd style from a anytime gives a 6sec?? stun? thats just too long for thidranki :p

same goes for buffed reavers imo.
with all their easy mode soulrendering spells and a large stun time on after block.

Just because you got pwned so badly :p

noblok

Part of the furniture
5s baseline stun isn't even 1 extra nuke, root/mezz is about 2-3.

A 6 second anytime stun is ridiculous, I have to spec 18 shield for a 5 seconds off-block stun while Alb tanks get a longer duration stun at a lower level. In the same stylechange where this style became the second in an anytime chain, the 2 seconds duration 18 hammer style (previously second in anytime change) was changed to chain of a sidestyle.

Damage Hib caster gains due to his stun duration is 100'ish, damage an armsman/merc/reaver gains: 200'ish.

/edit: I guess it was all meant to balance out at 50 and probably does though.

Zdeath

Banned
noblok said:

A 6 second anytime stun is ridiculous, I have to spec 18 shield for a 5 seconds off-block stun while Alb tanks get a longer duration stun at a lower level. In the same stylechange where this style became the second in an anytime chain, the 2 seconds duration 18 hammer style (previously second in anytime change) was changed to chain of a sidestyle.

Damage Hib caster gains due to his stun duration is 100'ish, damage an armsman/merc/reaver gains: 200'ish.

It's the way the cookie crumbles. I can think of alot of other overpowered tools and abilities that Hibernia, and Midgard have.

We have to deal with shit =(

Dorimor1

Banned
noblok said:

I agree it is ridiculously overpowered for Thidranki.

Zdeath

Banned
Elkie said:
eld way more op than cabby so much more util

Cabby can beat an eld one vs one any day of the week if he knows what to do with the class, same goes for eld.

Pet > eldritch.
Nearsight <> nearsight
ae mezz > root
lifetap..

Etcetc

noblok

Part of the furniture
Zdeath said:
It's the way the cookie crumbles. I can think of alot of other overpowered tools and abilities that Hibernia, and Midgard have.
Which doesn't make the anytime stun any less overpowered though :).

One the cabalist-eld debate: I think a cabalist is slightly better than an eldritch. (assuming 13 light, 20 moon and 11 matter, 21 body spec)

Both have ae-disease and 25% nearsight. Cabalist has got a higher damage output (with lifedrain component). Eldritch gets ae dd+snare, which can be useful to deal with an assist-train on the healers, but a cabalist gets a root which is maybe even more effective. Cabalist gets a pet, while the eldritch gets debuffs, I'd rather have the pet :).

Eldritch still has the bolt with huge variance and pbaoe which have pretty limited use. Hmm, now I re-read this I think they're pretty even actually :).

Dorimor1

Banned
Elkie said:
eld way more op than cabby so much more util

You're fucking joking right?

What can an Eld do? Nearsight? Stun? Nuke?

Many a times I have squished your liddle Eld? Why?

I can nearsight, yes you can too. I have a pet that can either stun/nuke/lifetap or disease. I can AE DoT you, I have baseline and spec lifetaps, I have disease, I have str and dex debuffs, I have....

Pfft

Zdeath

Banned
Relax Dorimor, when he made that post I think, I think.. he was talking about himself?

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Dori i would like proff that u have killed my eld i dont die to casters ;) and if you need to chill your french as down :p

Dorimor1

Banned
Elkie said:
Dori i would like proff that u have killed my eld i dont die to casters ;) and if you need to chill your french as down :p

Lol I was in the heat of the moment there. I've never really fought your Eld 1 vs 1 but some goes for me really not many casters (apart from those BDs) stand much of a chance if I am buffed.

Dorimor1

Banned
Jorof said:
My runemaster DD's hit harder than ur Eld and Caba so ... :p

DUH! I'm only 14 body and I hit for only around ~130.

Try being on the recieving end of Fiii's nukes, full body xD

noblok

Part of the furniture
I RvR in Thidranki because I can't be bothered with a) the level grind to 50, b) the ML grind, c) the template boredom, d) a bot and e) starting out with a large RR handicap.

Does that mean that I shouldn't take that RvR serious or think about groupsetups? Some of the "e-peen battles" going on here lately are rather silly though, but that happens in 'real' RvR as well :).

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Thid rvr is so hardcore :(

I'd much rather play Thid than 50 rvr where the winner of the fight is determined by who dumps the most RA's/ML's.

Leet skills needed for that...

Zdeath

Banned
GrafenburgMerc said:
I'd much rather play Thid than 50 rvr where the winner of the fight is determined by who dumps the most RA's/ML's.

Leet skills needed for that...

You can't compare the two.

RvR as you correctly pointed out is in a way unbalanced because of the ML's/RA's etc.

Then you look at Thid, first major BG. You get people running round in /level items expecting a challenger which they can be evenly matched to...

Wrong?!

They end up rebuffing every few seconds because some Nightshade/BM/Runemaster, or whatever you have comes and 1 shots you with their uber Items and capping SC.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Zdeath said:
You can't compare the two.

RvR as you correctly pointed out is in a way unbalanced because of the ML's/RA's etc.

Then you look at Thid, first major BG. You get people running round in /level items expecting a challenger which they can be evenly matched to...

Wrong?!

They end up rebuffing every few seconds because some Nightshade/BM/Runemaster, or whatever you have comes and 1 shots you with their uber Items and capping SC.

I agree with you zdeath that there there is a lack of balance in thid as there is in 50 rvr althouth the reasons for the balance issues are different.

I also see no reason to run around thid at /level 20 with crap gear. Its easily possible to get half decent gear at a nominal cost and if you have a lvl 50 already you should have the resources to fully twink a toon out in a few hours. To me, this is easily achievable by almost anyone playing daoc today.

I believe someone on VN recently worked out that at the average rp earning rate it takes 6 yr to reach rr10 (and compete with the rr10 + groups out there), sorry but I aint got the time for that.

Bye for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom