Cleric Spec AFbuff = free Perma Avoid Pain 2

S

Solid

Re: hmm....

Originally posted by inabus
Blah blah blah...I don't like to check the context of posts...blah blah blah..I make knee jerk reactions without fully understanding what the topic of discussion has led to in a thread...blah blah blah...ignore my pathetic counterwhine...blah blah blah...Mid is teh r0xx0r, they wtfpwn, omg tbh imo nerf etc etc blah blah blah...

I

inabus

hmmm...

Quality reply thanx, just to clarify I am stating that all the whiners and complainers should stop because tbh it is pointless. Mid is as good as any other realm but imo get an easier job due to having less classes to have things distributed around.

Oh and you should read replies before replying and oh I read every single reply in this thread which i am sure is more than you have done ;)

Inabus

I

inabus

Oh and...

Please show me where in my 1st reply I even state that mid should be nurfed?

Thanx

G

Glyph_mid

Runecarvers got same bolts as fire wizards...so omgwtfpwznetc.netf runies are uber. Remember to cast your AF + absorb buff

I

inabus

Aye

I was fully buffed up, with the exception of any sort of cleric buffs. I can only imagine it was a crit on the attack but even so a lvl 50 being 1 shotted hurt my feelings :p

Now you come to mention it, I did check who it was cos i was so shocked and it was a runnie, cant remember the name though.

I can only imagine it is because I am an avalonian (my almost 1st char) all I can wish for is /respec britain!

Inabus

Y

Yussef

Originally posted by Solid
so Yussef does your self buff work like friar/cleric baseline buff then? ie doesnt go over the natural armour cap? and only the chant takes you over the natural cap of plate?

Self buff knocks me over 670af, think it's around 760 or something, will check later.

S

Solid

Darkcarver debuff nuked you and crtiied?
Manachanter can do the same thing
Spirit Caba can debuff+nuke too but their Lifetaps are not as powerful

More than likely you were taken to negative resist and nuked, which is gonna hurt

I

infozwerg

Re: Aye

I was fully buffed up, with the exception of any sort of cleric buffs.

so you did not have:

1) energy resist buff
2) str/con buff
3) spec af buff

all 3 reduce rm bolt damage.

by the way, fire wizard has the highest damaging bolt in all the realms.

and tbh, someone with a) no knowledge of his own char b) rvr experience only with two gimp chars and in gimp groups should just shut teh fuck up when it comes to game balance.

I

inabus

so you did not have:

1) energy resist buff
2) str/con buff
3) spec af buff

all 3 reduce rm bolt damage.

by the way, fire wizard has the highest damaging bolt in all the realms.

and tbh, someone with a) no knowledge of his own char b) rvr experience only with two gimp chars and in gimp groups should just shut teh fuck up when it comes to game balance.

---

With a response like that infozwerg I am not even going to bother it with any sort of response. A) You dont know what my other char is B) You dont know me C) You dont know how many RP's I have or how long I have been playing the game D) You dont know the guilds I have been in and am in now E) You have never, I am sure, played a fire wizard so stating that "on paper" fire wizards have the most damaging bolt, is to say the least laughable. Need I go on????????

BTW for a response like that I hope to god you get banned from this forum.

Now moving onto someone that actually posts meaningful information on a forum and not drivel,Solid I re-checked my log when it happened and I wasnt debuffed in anyway shape or form. The only thing that was in there was the 1 hit!

Inabus

S

Solid

well you figured out what magic type it was? RC bolts on a Caster are the most damaging single instance attack in the game, maybe on par with a 50 Weap/CS Critblade.

A decent crit on a RC bolt = 1000+ potential damage on a fellow caster.

And BTW A Fire Wizard can do better bolt damage than any other char in the game, only reason Darkcarvers and Manachanters outnuke Wizards is cos of self debuffing baseline nukes.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Alb:

Earth theurg
Cabalist
Wizard
Scout
Inf
Necro

Erm, ice theu, smite cleric, and prolly s/s armsman.

S

Solid

nout wrong with an s/s armsman, boring they may be but broken i doubt.

N

NeonBlue

for what its worth :

until recently my wiz was a lvl50 full fire spec.

but do u know how hard it is getting a RvR group with a caster ?! its damn near impossilbe unless or a mind sorc which 99% of sorcs are in alb.

So i respecced my fire wiz to earth..because i though i would have more utility with aoe root aoe snare dot etc and still have a pretty good bolt...but once again i cant get RvR groups except random pickup groups which are a joke.

My main point is this..yes fire wizs have the best bolt dmg in the game...my best dmg on 1 single bolt was 1024dmg on a lvl50 elf caster...i 1shotted him...this was my cap dmg btw on the bolt...am only rr3 lvl8 so my Ra's dont play much part in my dmg at the mo.

all this whinging but what realm is overpowered is crap in my opinion...its how you play as a group !...now ive played the game since it came out in the UK so going on 2 yrs...and had enough RvR experince to know that a well balanced group who play together regularly will win 99% of the time against equal numbers.

1) Alb has to learn how to play in RvR only a couple of groups/guild can actaully play properly and stand a chance of wining

2) Yes Albs do zerg ..coz thats the ony way they can win...by sheer numbers

3) Yes bonedancers do seem overpowered but there are ways and means with dealing with em....learn em and live with it !

i was in emain y/day or maybe day before with my lvl 49 infil...yes ive done an infil...reason is so i can still enjoy the end game (RvR) without having to rely on gettting groups with my wiz, which just doesnt happen in alb .

There was 2fgs of mids (there abouts) on the road to apk...and at a rough guess about 20 albs...who won ..??.....the mids...and all i heard from albs was how overpowered the mids were !!

Well am sorry but here i will defend the mids....they werent overpowered, they just played damn well!, they had 4/5 healers...these were healers and shammies...how many albs actually went for the healers?....2 ! and i was 1 of them ...my guild m8 was the other..and the albs wonder why they die. It was laughable...was about 10 albs at 1 point on 1 single troll...but he just got healed..and eventaully the mids just wiped us.

Now i hear you ask why u slagging ur own realm...well tbh am sick of ppl whinging about how overpowered realms are etc when it down to the fact that most albs just dont know their char or how to play...i know about 2/3 tanks in Alb how i have grouped with..who actually know how to protect a caster/healer...but 95% of Alb tanks just storm in and wonder why they aint getting healed...its because ur healer is dead because they had no protection!

Hib/Mid use their chars to full effectivness...ie...ppl debuff for others etc...but yet Albs i dont think they know what debuffs are for ! My fire wiz would love a body sorc to heat debuff for him...because if the dmg is anything like i did in PvE then it would be me getting called overpowered.

example :

sidesman in Avalon city yellow con to lvl 50

body sorc uses 30% heat debuff
i use ONE lvl 50 bolt...dmg = 1024dmg +990crit
mob = dead

with heat debuffs my bolts were always 1000+ dmg my spec line DD was always 600+dmg, and thats only using the 2nd best heat debuff.

Basically its down to knowing ur characters and how you play them...then its down to who u group with in RvR, which will enhance ur chars dmg.

The only char i think that is overpowered is perhaps the Bonedancer but ways and means of killing them..so i know they can be killed so i live with it and try and deal with em.

So pls stop all this whinging about realms being overpowered we all have our strengths and weaknesses....learn em...live with em...deal with em!

And for gods sake Albs...stop this crap attitude of not allowing half the classes in ur realm to RvR...instead learn how to play and defend/protect the ppl in your groups !

<awaits the coming onslaught of firey flames> :)

H

hangianix

nout wrong with an s/s armsman, boring they may be but broken i doubt.

I didn't say it is broken, just not welcomed in RvR grps.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by hangianix
I didn't say it is broken, just not welcomed in RvR grps.

maybe you should reconsider that. because with the recent changes to block/parry in rvr combat weaponskill makes a bigger difference than anything before.

a paladin guarding a cleric/caster is far less effective than a s/s armsman guarding instead.

get 2 tanks on that paladin and the pally is toast. get 2 tanks on a s/s armsman and i guarantee he`ll do a much better job at protecting his group member.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.Emma
maybe you should reconsider that. because with the recent changes to block/parry in rvr combat weaponskill makes a bigger difference than anything before.

a paladin guarding a cleric/caster is far less effective than a s/s armsman guarding instead.

get 2 tanks on that paladin and the pally is toast. get 2 tanks on a s/s armsman and i guarantee he`ll do a much better job at protecting his group member.

Pala toast?i seen pala in my groups tanking like 3-4 savages....

Yeah an armsman would block slightly more but pala wouldn't be toast if he/she has mob 3 or more o_O

H

Heffer

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Pala toast?i seen pala in my groups tanking like 3-4 savages....

Yeah an armsman would block slightly more but pala wouldn't be toast if he/she has mob 3 or more o_O

hrm was for a while too i only got healed twice and held them for over a minute, cause they hit me after my blocking for my cleric was too much for em!

but hey fuckign shove 2 tanks on me im toast :eek:

I

infozwerg

A) You dont know what my other char is B) You dont know me C) You dont know how many RP's I have or how long I have been playing the game D) You dont know the guilds I have been in and am in now
i know what you have posted here on barrysworld in this very thread.

from your own words here its safe to say that youve never had the experience of fg vs fg combat in a balanced alb rvr group.

E) You have never, I am sure, played a fire wizard so stating that "on paper" fire wizards have the most damaging bolt, is to say the least laughable.
i dont need to play a wizard to know wizard bolt does more damage than any other casters bolts.

just find an unbuffed caster and you can oneshotbolt 4tehwin him for more than you were hit.

Need I go on????????
yes please, post something that shows me you actually DO know what you are talking about.

I

infozwerg

you misunderstood what role weaponskill play in b/p/e figures. not the guarding chars weaponskill is used to determine chances, but his shieldskill is compared to attackers weaponskill.

so paladin has the same block rate as an armsman with equal sword skill and equal dex.

on the other hand, savages are easier to block/guard than berserker as they have hybrid weaponskill when using h2h.

S

Solid

yeah 'zwerg but 90% of savages are wtfpwn 2H spec now, full tank weaponskill.

A

Arnor

yeah 'zwerg but 90% of savages are wtfpwn 2H spec now, full tank weaponskill.

and they are about as hard to block as....warriors? heroes? armsmen?

hth>guard, even with the lower wpnskill.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.Emma

I don't need to reconsider anything, it is fact in Prywden/Alb. Anyway, I hardly can remember when did I have any guard in RvR. (Ok, when we had 3 paladins in our "balanced" RvR grp I had :D )

N

NeonBlue

thats because albs dont use guard/intercept...they dont know how to !

but i do get protect on my wiz ;)

go figure lol

S

Sharma

should never be more than one paladin in ANY rvr group simply because they have no det, countless times have i came across groups full to the brim of paladin and we took em apart because THEY HAVE NO DET, paladins = mezzed and standing around like monkeys while the support gets tore to pieces.

D

Danya

Got hit for 1386 by a chanter on my merc, with capped energy and energy buff on, debuffs are evil. :-o

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by sharma
should never be more than one paladin in ANY rvr group simply because they have no det, countless times have i came across groups full to the brim of paladin and we took em apart because THEY HAVE NO DET, paladins = mezzed and standing around like monkeys while the support gets tore to pieces.

exactly...but sadly our support classes on Alb are no longer needed it seems...and most groups that head our from Apk are all melee based :(

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by Danyan
Got hit for 1386 by a chanter on my merc, with capped energy and energy buff on, debuffs are evil. :-o

aye wish we (albs) used them more :(

H

hangianix

Originally posted by sharma

Yep, that's why I've written "balanced". :D In other hand, 90% of the time no other shield wearer anyway in the grp than the 1 paladin.

-->NeonBlue
Ofc they are using intercept.

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by hangianix
Yep, that's why I've written "balanced". :D In other hand, 90% of the time no other shield wearer anyway in the grp than the 1 paladin.

-->NeonBlue
Ofc they are using intercept.

If i understand intercept right...u have to be stood near the player who has put intercept on you for it to work ?

ill be fooked being a wiz if am gonna follow the tank around while he goes off trying to kill mids/hibs....

like i pointed out earlier casters/healers in Alb dont get protection i.e a shield spec tank standing next or infront of them with guard/intercept on.

So using it they might...it actually working is another matter!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom