Cleric Spec AFbuff = free Perma Avoid Pain 2

K

klavrynd

the ss was pre 1.62 and he had a large crit ( large crits are rare as the range is 1-100)

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by klavrynd
the ss was pre 1.62 and he had a large crit ( large crits are rare as the range is 1-100)

I agree SS was defenatly pre-1.62

not only was he buffed with purp str buffs, but he only had the green spec str/con buff, along with the green spec dex/qui buff which means his quickness was ~70-80.

So thats a screen shot of a semi-buffed pre-1.62 zerker hitting for not even cap damage.

And your trying to pass that on as actual 1.62 zerker damage ?

Let me tell you the highest possible damage a post 1.62 zerker can do using Icy Brilliance is not.. 700 damage, its not even 600 damage.

Wanna know what it is ?

543 Damage cap with Icy Brilliance.. Thats with 70 Axe, 70 Left Axe. Using a 4.2 Spd Double Bladed Axe (MP) with only 35 Quickness and Duelist Reflexs 5.

F

faderullan

543dmg is good as cap or?

I cap at 340ish with diamond slash on my merc

K

klavrynd

let's compare 35qui vs your 60 base qui, which you have probably maxed out scwise and with dex/qui buffs

D

Driwen

and faderullan do you have 50 weapon 50 DW +11 to both and RR10?:D
and are you using 4.2 spd weapons?:D

F

faderullan

68slash 86dw atm.

gimped 8l8merc

and using 16.5 sabre 3.5 speed

D

Driwen

Originally posted by faderullan
68slash 86dw atm.

gimped 8l8merc

and using 16.5 sabre 3.5 speed

uhm you do know that 50 from spec is max and then +11 from items is max and +9 from RR is max. So HOW do you get 86 dw??

O

old.Sandariel

Originally posted by driwen
uhm you do know that 50 from spec is max and then +11 from items is max and +9 from RR is max. So HOW do you get 86 dw??

RR8 = +7
Items = +11
DR3 = +18

There you go :)

F

faderullan

as Sandariel wrote

50dw from spec
11dw from items
7dw from realm rank
18dw from dualist reflexes (ra)
=86dw total

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by faderullan
And how can you say you have the worst light tank and secondary seer? Both zerk and shaman are very good.

What makes them very good?

S

Solid

you see Albs cry Mid is overpowered cos SELECT RvR groups run with 3 - THREE!!!! FGS - Healers in a group and a few savages.

What the hell about the rest of the classes. Mid has ELEVEN classes in total, and you complain about THREE of them, how the fuck is an entire realm considered overpowered cos hardcore RvR groups run with 3 healers and fotm Savage crew?

Thanes suck since forever
Skalds suck since forever
Hunters suck since forever
Shadowblades suck since 1.62
Shamans suck
Zerks suck since 1.62

Yet apparently "OMG Mid rox, they need a nerf, they wtfwpwn everything"

Even tho we have no I WIN Unique RA's and the closest to an IWIN button is the healer Insta AE Mez.

And Shike, perhaps consider not everyone is a fotm realm hopping uber leet tosspot like yourself and actually would like THEIR class that they have played since RELEASE fixed/brought up to par with the rest of the working classes in the game.

O

old.mattshanes

Solid hib and alb have similar problems,they have certain classes and specs you can't ever put in a rvr group now.... but yeah I understand what you are saying.

As for merc damage cap,my highest i been able to pull off is 497 with 60 qui and side style chain....4.1 spd mp bastard sword.

Now lets look at classes from each realm or specs that don't usually fit in rvr groups at the moment:

Alb:

Earth theurg
Cabalist
Wizard
Scout
Inf
Necro

Mid

Thane
Skald(sometimes aren't needed but they do need fixing yeah)
Zerk
Sb
Hunter
Bonedancer(sometimes)

Hib

Mentalist
Blademaster
Valewalker
Animist
Ranger
Ns

As you can see all realms have that problem really:(

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
RR8 = +7
Items = +11
DR3 = +18

There you go :)

yes but we are talking about damage from specs here, not about chance on dual swinging (which is only thing DR effects). So he got 68 DW and icy is the 2nd in a chain where the first is a positional, where diamond is the 2nd in chain where the first is an anytime.
Now your weapon is also 20% faster and you are talking about a style that is in your weapon spec not dual wielding spec, so you dont have to spec extra to get that style. Besides that you probably have around 200 quickness and the 543 damage cap was done with 35 quickness ;).

S

Solid

yes I know mattshanes, but come on a wizard not wanted? they are the only pbape class in Alb, how could an ice wizard not be wanted? and Matter cabs? stacking AE DoT's? really? thats surprising.

Sure loads of classes have specs that do not work, but they still have a viable spec to fall back on, eg a Earth Theurg, an Air Theurg kicks Fire Wizards out of Alb groups, so they seem to do ok. Necro's seem to only be good for PLing the Alb fotm zerg and got yet more PvE loveing in 1.65a.

But Some classes are fundamentally broken or ineffective regardless of HOW they spec. and Mid has its fair share, so to claim as some liek Fadeh do that Mid wtfpwns is just wrong in my opinion.

I mean sure you can say "omg healer/savage/SM gank groups wtfpwn, nerf imo etc etc!!!" but please do NOT generalise to such an extent as to say Midgard needs a nerf cos Midgard is overpowered.

X

Xeanor

albs can't really use casters much

you don't have much chance to mezz vs. instamezz so you'll have to just focus on being very defensive vs. mezz, this is done by getting as much determination tanks as possible in grp.

would be a lot different if albs had instamezz too or if instamezz would be removed

O

old.mattshanes

Want to play my ice wiz and see why?;) wizards DO NEED more utility....everyone even knows it,besides as for cabas i really do not know to be honest :/ i find they are a nice class.

X

Xeanor

since spreadhealing was introduced, DoT has become quite useless.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Solid hib and alb have similar problems,they have certain classes and specs you can't ever put in a rvr group now.... but yeah I understand what you are saying.

As for merc damage cap,my highest i been able to pull off is 497 with 60 qui and side style chain....4.1 spd mp bastard sword.

Now lets look at classes from each realm or specs that don't usually fit in rvr groups at the moment:

Alb:

Earth theurg
Cabalist
Wizard
Scout
Inf
Necro

Mid

Thane
Skald(sometimes aren't needed but they do need fixing yeah)
Zerk
Sb
Hunter
Bonedancer(sometimes)

Hib

Mentalist
Blademaster
Valewalker
Animist
Ranger
Ns

As you can see all realms have that problem really:(

476 is the ICy Brilliance cap with 68 Sword/68 Left Axe and 60 qui.

Would need DR4 to match the cap of your Side Style`s cap.

O

old.mattshanes

Well mercs never go 60 qui though o_O mine's 135 but might go 60 qui.... anytime amethyst sucks ass for rvr and is soooooooooooooo overated,positionals you will more likely hit cap or near it, sure this would be the same for a zerk.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Solid
you see Albs cry Mid is overpowered cos SELECT RvR groups run with 3 - THREE!!!! FGS - Healers in a group and a few savages.

What the hell about the rest of the classes. Mid has ELEVEN classes in total, and you complain about THREE of them, how the fuck is an entire realm considered overpowered cos hardcore RvR groups run with 3 healers and fotm Savage crew?

Thanes suck since forever
Skalds suck since forever
Hunters suck since forever
Shadowblades suck since 1.62
Shamans suck
Zerks suck since 1.62

Yet apparently "OMG Mid rox, they need a nerf, they wtfwpwn everything"

Even tho we have no I WIN Unique RA's and the closest to an IWIN button is the healer Insta AE Mez.

And Shike, perhaps consider not everyone is a fotm realm hopping uber leet tosspot like yourself and actually would like THEIR class that they have played since RELEASE fixed/brought up to par with the rest of the working classes in the game.

First of all, I for one believe that the realms are infact pretty much balanced as it is now, aint no need for big changes to correct issues that many classes in all 3 realms suffer from, not just mid.

And for the 2nd, calling me a fotm realmhopping uber leet tosspot is just low for you tbh, if you knew me you wouldnt say that. I have played all 3 realms for a reason, I dont care much about what I play at the moment, I wanna see everything in DAoC, thats all, since when have rangers been fotm? since when have druids been fotm? since when have armsmen been fotm? since when have shamans been fotm? You dont know me so I wouldnt call me names if I was you. And to call me uber leet? errr, I aint leet, I aint even close. Ask anyone that know me.

Understand this, I play daoc in a different way from how many others play it, I have deleted 50 50s now that I myself have lvld up, do you really think I care about whether my character is fotm or not? I play what is needed and nothing else. My guild need a druid so I play a druid. Simple. If you wanna act silly like some shithead and start calling me names.. fine. I know in what category to place you then, and tbh, I didnt expect it from a guy like you.

Back to topic...

There is a term called gankgroups where you gather the best of the best from your realm and finetune it so you can go out and pwn the shit out of the other realms groups. When mids do this they work just as good as the 2 other realms. Everybody should know this.

What your concern is aint wrong, I dont say that, but it aint relevant at all when speaking balance imo, why? Because mids can perform just as good as hibs and albs.

I know thanes aint good, I know skalds need some love, I know rangers mostly outperform hunters and I sure as hell know SBs lack since they overnerfed LA. What you forget is, Necros need love, mentas need love etc, nearly all casters need love fgs... it aint just mid that has classes that are in dire need of some love and fixing not to mention all the variables in the form of different speccs, it is not just mid that have classes that suck ass. Otherwise Fadehs group wouldnt look like it do. Otherwise the realmtables overall would be more balanced and evened out and hibs wouldnt suffer from a populationproblem overall. Can you get that into your head? It aint all about mid, and all I see mids on pryd do these days is crying and whining while mids on other servers adapts and live with the changes and still perform well.

Isnt it a bit narrowminded to whine and whine here on BWs for changes and nerf this and nerf that? because Mythic wont bother tbh, send feedback to Mythic directly about issues you feel you class have and that could in the end make a change.

I am also concerned about alot of issues alot of classes have since it affects people that play the classes but sitting and tossing shit at each other here aint the way to solve it imho.

edit: what a tosspot btw?

D

Danya

All the realms need balancing within themselves as well as with the others, having only 4 or 5 classes per realm viable for RvR is just stupid.

As for damage caps - zerk and merc damage caps seem ptetty comparable since the patch, zerks just feel nerfed cos their caps were so out of balance before.
Oh and if icy capped at 543 before the patch please explain how various zerks hit people for 1200-1300 main hand before the patch... :p

S

Shike

Originally posted by Danyan
All the realms need balancing within themselves as well as with the others, having only 4 or 5 classes per realm viable for RvR is just stupid.

As for damage caps - zerk and merc damage caps seem ptetty comparable since the patch, zerks just feel nerfed cos their caps were so out of balance before.
Oh and if icy capped at 543 before the patch please explain how various zerks hit people for 1200-1300 main hand before the patch... :p

yes, the statement about the situation is true, its silly as it is now and thats the largest problem with DAoC as I see it, but the situation is the same for all realms so it doesnt affect the overall balance between the realms much. The funfactor for a lot of classes is getting lower and lower for each patch which truly suck. Hopefully the stylereview, RAreview, resistreview and RvRexpansion will sort some out at least.

Regarding the huge hits, attackspeeddebuff have a finger in that issue I think.
:)

D

Danya

True, but it was still a bit out of line. My best hit so far was a near cap hit with diamond slash on a SM, I managed just over 600 with both hands swinging and a good crit on the main hand. Yet pre-patch I regularly got hit for 800-1000 off the main hand of a zerker alone, then another 150-200 from the offhand. And before people babble on about slash styles being lower, diamond slash is better than most DW styles for damage. :p

L

Litmus

hmm my icy cap was getting close to 700 i think on my troll zerk with 35quick pre nerf, never tested it at rr6 maybe would of been 700+

S

Shike

True, but it was still a bit out of line. My best hit so far was a near cap hit with diamond slash on a SM, I managed just over 600 with both hands swinging and a good crit on the main hand. Yet pre-patch I regularly got hit for 800-1000 off the main hand of a zerker alone, then another 150-200 from the offhand. And before people babble on about slash styles being lower, diamond slash is better than most DW styles for damage. :p

heh yea, 1000+ with a onehander is out of line, I did 800+ quite often with my ickle dorf and I ran around with 150qui. But.. in the end, Mythic saw that problem and removed it.. with a chainsaw :rolleyes:

S

scarffs

Originally posted by succi
Realms are balenced , quit fucking whining.

Edited a mean reply...hadnt read whole post :)
Nicely put Shike, I only wish there woulndt be that obvious flaws that allow people to create their fotm ganksquads who truly fuck up the game for casual rvr guys like myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom