News Clarkson suspended

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yes, another very amusing episode imo. Very very similar to old Top Gear, but I'd take that as a good thing.

Couldn't stop laughing when Clarkson basically turned up in a cow.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
But where is the money going..that episode must have cost about 20 grand.

Bodhi

Carting 2 massive tents round the world and filming everything in 4K HDR seems to take up the bulk of it.
Plus all 4 of them have said the budget is not the 160 million quoted, so there probably isn't as much to go round as we think.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hiring tracks i would have thpught would be expensive and helos to film it. First class plane travel to all these places. Hotels. 4k cameras etc.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They're using red cameras, and who knows. They have a lot of eps to do, probably making sure they don't run out of cash by pacing it better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was OK. Some amusing bits.

Section on immigrants hiding in cars kinda shows the target audience...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got half way through episode three and have given up. It's the same old shite, it's old and so poorly acted that I just can't watch it. So bye bye Top Gear, it's been fun. Remember when you produced funny stuff, like this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPaYnaKVDk

And Clarkson looks like a physical wreck. Completely fucked.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
@Tom

I sort of agreed a bit, that ep 1 was decent, ep 2 sucked, ep 3 was ok ish.
However ep 4 is a lot better, if a bit obviously scripted.

Also yes, Clarkson has a belly the size of a baby elephant.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just smells of rich people doing rich stuff which is out of the reach of poorer people; so they should be invited along for the bits they can get involved in, at least.

How much are those tickets going for anyway?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Tom

I sort of agreed a bit, that ep 1 was decent, ep 2 sucked, ep 3 was ok ish.
However ep 4 is a lot better, if a bit obviously scripted.

Also yes, Clarkson has a belly the size of a baby elephant.
That car must have smelled sooo bad. Lol

Bodhi

Episode 5 is pretty much the best yet - the Marrakech film is stunningly filmed, and very informative about 3 cars some of us might actually be able to buy at some point. Also gets very silly when Clarkson decides to weigh all the cars - bloody funny though.

G-Wiz Battleship was one of the better cocking about films they've done too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yup loved episode five. :). They even killed the supposed guest in a humerous way this time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I still find Hammond insufferable. He tries far too hard to be funny and he very rarely delivers.

Bodhi

I still find Hammond insufferable. He tries far too hard to be funny and he very rarely delivers.

To be fair he was pretty funny in the Mustang film in the latest episode, especially when they drove past the Cenotaph :)

Job

Watched a few original episodes on Dave and tbh, they looked more expensive and polished than any GT episode yet.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm finding Hammond much more of an annoying prick in GT than I ever did in Top Gear.

Job

The show is much more like the live events.
Cringe has ramped up, dad jokes, only May saves it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
At least the last episode had some good bits. A Mustang and an RS are cars I'm actually interested in. Nearly plumped for the RS the other month but didn't in the end. Wouldn't have minded the Mustang either but it would smack of mid-life crisis a bit.

The GT40 item was good too.

The studio stuff was terrible though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Part 1 Namibia Ep very good. First one that really, really showcases the investment in 4K. Part 2 tomorrow

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Eh I didn't think part 1 was that great.
Hopefully part 2 sucks less.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was a bit boring to be honest but parts of it did look good in uhd and HDR

Job

Thought it was good, mainly because my dad had a beach buggy in the 70s and I thought I was the dogs bollocks riding around in it.
Better humour, slight showing of unscripted laughs..incredible scenery.

Bodhi

Part 1 was a bit slow, what with them just driving round and round in circles in the desert. Part 2 was much more like it, and really enjoyed the Namibia Special over all. Wasn't quite up there with the Source of the River Nile or the other Africa road trip TG did, but it was better than the Vietnam and India specials.

Series 1 has been a pretty good start overall, considering how hastily put together it was after the Steak related shenigans, and they've made Chris Evans TG Reboot look like garbage without getting out of....ahem.....*puts sungleasses on*.....2nd gear. (YEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!). Still 4 episodes to go, but looking pretty good for Season 2 imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom