Chris Benoit has died

Gray

FH is my second home
oh my god :(

He was my favorite wrestler at this time :(. This is really sad and once again a major shock.

:(

/edit

upon checking WWE.com it seems his family had died as well. Or his immediate ones, what the fuck?

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
I just find it strange he asks to go home the night of the PPV and the next day he is found dead. So messed up. :(

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
Seeing as I can't edit my last post.

They're now treating it as a double homocide and suicide. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jesus. I got a text from my bro in law saying he had died, did not believe it till I read the news stories. I really hope he did not kill his family and take his own life, the guy was great by all accounts.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Only in professional wrestling would someone suspected of a double murder get a 3 hour tribute show.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
On June 25, 2007, Benoit, his wife Nancy Daus, and their son Daniel were found dead in their Fayetteville, Georgia, home at around 2:30 PM EDT.[83] It was first reported to fans of WWE on their WWE Mobile Alerts Service and posted to their official website soon after. Exact details are not yet known, and an investigation is ongoing.[2] On their website, World Wrestling Entertainment released the following statement[84]:
“ World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live RAW show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks DVD and comments from wrestlers and announcers.[7]

Fayette County, Georgia police are investigating Benoit's house following the discovery of the bodies. Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department reported to ABC News that sheriffs entered his home on a "welfare check" after missing several appointments, leading to concerns.[85] Pope also stated the police are not searching for any suspects outside of the house, as the instruments of death were located at scene of the crime.[86]

The same day Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, and the station reported that investigators believe that Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend and commited suicide sometime on Monday. [87]

I can't believe it. :(

G

did he do a triple german on them.....

i loved that guy, most experienced wrestler ive seen, went to japan and all over the world learning his craft.

RIP

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
Only in professional wrestling would someone suspected of a double murder get a 3 hour tribute show.

The news of a double murder and suicide didn't surface till after the show had aired.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Maybe Fozzyson, but Im not convinced.

We'll probably never know the timeline of who knew what and when, but last night when this story surfaced the possibility of some sort of murder/suicide seemed like the only conclusion.

Cant say I follow WWE myself, but the chatter among a couple of folks that do got me curious, since the only explanation was something rather gruesome.

The story at the time went that he had pulled out of a show for family reasons/family illness/similar on Sunday night, and was found dead at home with his family by police on Monday afternoon. This didnt add up: I dont believe in coincidences generally, and even if this was the act of a third party overnight Sunday/Monday its a very strange time of day for the police to happen to find them. What were the police doing there in the middle of the afternoon?

Today it makes a little more sense. Apparently the messages he exchanged with colleagues had them concerned and they reported it to their bosses, who in turn contacted the police - who went to check up on him.

Now imagine a colleague took a day off work for personal reasons/illness/family problems. Its not particularly unusual, especially where young families are concerned. What sort of message would you have to receive from them to be reporting it to your boss? What would it have to be for them to contact the police? This wasnt just a text message saying "the mrs is being sick and someone has to watch the kid".

Tragic, gruesome, but clearly folks knew exactly what had happened which makes the decision to have any form of "tribute show" in very bad taste.

Oh, and Mystic_G, in the context of what police confirm as a murderer theres nothing whatsoever wrong with my previous comment - so .....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tribute show or no, a man, woman and child are dead. Your posts are in bad taste and are quite wrong as far as I'm concerned. I'd request that you now stay out of this thread.

Gray

FH is my second home
I stayed up and watched the Raw Tribute last night, the three that i really feel for is Edge, Chavo and Dean Melenko. They give such good testimonials and it wasnt that long ago i was saying the same about their good testimonials about Eddie.

Hard to take in that Chris could do something like that, but they knew him way better than me and im sure theyre going through similar thoughts

Clown

Part of the furniture
Draylor's posts have been the most interesting of this thread though. Who wants pages of 'Welp, I've seen this guy on TV, RIPS brother'?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It does seem weird that they would do a tribute show so quickly under the circumstances. To think that the management of that organisation weren't aware of the circumstances, would be naive at best. However, I'm sure it was a ratings winner.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Yeah, I don't think they would have aired the tribute show if they knew then what they knew now.

P.S. Brooky is a twat. Waaaa I've been banned from internets what do I do oh maybe I'll make another thread about the BarrysWorld domain and people will like me again oh wait that blew up in my face didn't it oh noes.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Its not been set in stone yet.

What I think(and hope) happened was that Benoit found is wife and kid dead then topped himself

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
keep the infighting out of this thread please. some guy's dead, so stay the hell on topic ffs.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe someone sent him a joke script involving his death and he was so blindly acting out scripts that he did it without thinking.

Seriously though, he's dead, can't change it. Now to find out if he is a murderer or if something else happened.

G

from what i have seen of him on tv on raw and smackdown and pro japan wrestling (i know i know, i like wrestling ok) he seems like a pretty good guy, when eddie guerrero died he was crying in his tribute segment (which i truley believed were his genuine emotions).

I just hope that he didnt do it, the backlash on the wrestling community wil lbe huge, his wife was a wrestling manager as well (under the name of woman), and his child went to see him wrestle, the wwe is a travelling family who either get along or they dont, but this is really strange, im sure we will find out eventually wtf happened.

mank!

Part of the furniture
some guy's dead

noooo! that's what rada does to you i suppose.

erm, sorry.

not watched wwf for years so don't know who chris benoit is but r.i.p nevertheless

Gray

FH is my second home
One of the greatest technical wrestlers to grace Sports Entertainment. He was in WCW a good few years ago, started his career off if i recall at Stampede Wrestling - Bret Hart territory, so he was trained by the best.

Reports [Or rumours] have been coming in about a number of possible things, possibly Steroids sent him over the edge, or even his wife killed their son and he killed her. Mere speculation but we should be getting more official information later on tonight.

mank!

Part of the furniture
you only need look at the death of bob woolmer to see what preliminary reports and media hype can do...slihtly different, i must concede, but the point remains. we'll discover what happens in due course and it would be unfair to condemn a recently deceased bloke without valid reason or proof.

i remember seeing owen hart(?) die at a wwf event on telly. that was nasty.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Chris Benoit was great yes but to call him a murderer already is a bit.. :(

On a more serious note, I'm not surprised at all as the wrestlers tend to live rather extreme lives and over the years the types of deaths some of them have endured are pretty hollywood too.

ykoorb er'uoy gniloord niaga ahah eh t'nac daer siht

Clown

Part of the furniture
Don't you think brooky of all people would be able to read a typo?

G

why do you continue to flame me, what is your actual problem.......

this thread isnt the place for this...

pm me if you have issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom