Chris Benoit has died

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"However, authorities later said that Benoit appeared to have smothered his son and strangled his wife before hanging himself with the pulley of a weightlifting machine, according to the Associated Press."

From t'beeb.

There were steroids in the house but the WWE was only too quick to do the "they were all legal ok? steroids aren't to blame steroids aren't to blame steroids aren't to blame *fingers in ears*" bit...

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts

It wasn't Steroids, it was religion. Yep, shift the blame elsewhere. Religon's always a good place. If the guy killed his family deliberatly and then hung himself then I don't care how nice a guy you people seem to think this "actor" was, fuck him. If it turns out some crazed fan did it and staged it then R.I.P. I'll swing either way depending on the verdict.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I almost agree with you Whipped. The only thing stopping me making my mind up is that I still think there's a piece of the puzzle missing.
  • If he was a nutjob then somebody somewhere will surely come forward eventually and confess to it, saying that he was a nutjob and nobody ever said anything. If this is true then there's a whole bucket-load of people who share in the blame for not helping him.
  • If it turns out he was on steroids (cos current reports suggest that they found both prescription drugs and steroids) and that is the cause behind this then WWE is going to be fucked cos their "Wellness policy" will be implicated as being complete shit for not picking it up.
  • If neither of the above turn out to be the case and assuming that Benoit really was the perfect guy everyone always said he was. What in the hell must have happened to motivate all this? I say motivate because if he was sane, he'd have one.
I don't know, for me there's still too much missing. The only thing for sure is that this is all horribly fucked up.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Im sorry but i think ppl are letting their own personal views of the man take over here. You have to remeber he was an actor 1st and foremost so it would have been easy for him to appear a nice guy when really he had issues or problems at home or elsewhere. Look at it this way if this had been a non celebrity without a big fan base you would all be saying how bad he was instead of looking for excuses for him.
As a criminal psychologist i see a lot of this type of behaviour and it is upsetting i agree to realise the person you know/like is actually just a mask for a completly differant peson.To honour him and his memory even knowing what he has done is to totally disregard his poor wife and son and any remaining friends/family they may have.

Clown

Part of the furniture
People do think how bad it is. We just aren't allowed to say it here because, you know, someone died or something.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be honest I think you're reading too much into it based on his career Talivar. People who've known him since he was a small child (e.g. Bret Hart) are noted as being stunned by all of this.

It's all just horribly fucked up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But Bret Hart is 'an actor' too... Meg you're a self-confessed wrestling fan so you're going to defend the guy until it is absolutely set in stone that he was an evil bastard (if that's the case). There's so much mystery surrounding the circumstances that there's no point hypothesising until what happened is laid out and everyone can then make their own judgments...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
But Bret Hart is 'an actor' too... Meg you're a self-confessed wrestling fan so you're going to defend the guy until it is absolutely set in stone that he was an evil bastard (if that's the case). There's so much mystery surrounding the circumstances that there's no point hypothesising until what happened is laid out and everyone can then make their own judgments...

What so Tom Hanks would not be able to give a good character reference about Meg Ryan because he is an actor?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
But Bret Hart is 'an actor' too... Meg you're a self-confessed wrestling fan so you're going to defend the guy until it is absolutely set in stone that he was an evil bastard (if that's the case).
Not at all, actually my position is exactly as you've set it out in your second sentance:
There's so much mystery surrounding the circumstances that there's no point hypothesising until what happened is laid out and everyone can then make their own judgments...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
There is a big discussion about this on DAOC offtopic.

It is quite flamey now though :(

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Google News and just stick in Chris Benoit - 1st page has stuff about the txt messages he sent etc, seems he smothered the son, smothered or strangled his wife depending on what you read maybe 24 hrs later as well, then sent the texts , before hanging himself off of a weights machine. He put bibles by their sides as well, roids were found house - though they possibly were for the son who suffered growth problems, allegedly the toxicology stated he had no roids in his system - but seems a bit quick for that info to be out...

One fucked up dude if you ask me.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Are people seriously defending this guy? Steroids, rage, religion, voices in his head??? Who cares?

He murdered his wife and son.

That kind of outweighs any mystery surrounding the events.

Calaen

I do not think people are defending him, but for those who have watched him for years, they would rather have some correct information on the situation rather than the typical omg Roids were found in his high school locker once he has rage!!!!!

Nothing will take away the fact he has killed his family, at least he had the balls to do himself as well. However I would rather know some facts, but as I have already said in the OT post I doubt we will ever know what set him on the path to do such a terrible thing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That link didn't work for me. It kept telling me to install things I already have.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah i had a problem with it using Mozilla, but when i used Internet Explorer it worked straight away

Damini

Part of the furniture
It takes no balls to top yourself when you've murdered your entire family, and ruined everything you had going for you, and all in a state that has the death penalty. It would have been a brave man that got help, or who walked away. It takes a fucking coward to murder a small child and his wife, and then after pacing around for a couple days realising just how bad his life had got, emerging himself in scripture in a pathetic attempt for redemption, kill himself.

Hey ho, if it turns out differently then I'll reappraise my opinion, but I just find you guys all acting quite oddly on this.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey ho, if it turns out differently then I'll reappraise my opinion, but I just find you guys all acting quite oddly on this.

Quoted for truth.

Calaen

I dont care what anyone has done it can be no easy task to take your own life. Kudos to those that do it they show alot of self control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom