Chris Benoit has died

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Probably the most sensible thing I have read on the matter nice find G.

Marc

FH is my second home
I almost agree with you Whipped. The only thing stopping me making my mind up is that I still think there's a piece of the puzzle missing.
  • If he was a nutjob then somebody somewhere will surely come forward eventually and confess to it, saying that he was a nutjob and nobody ever said anything. If this is true then there's a whole bucket-load of people who share in the blame for not helping him.
  • If it turns out he was on steroids (cos current reports suggest that they found both prescription drugs and steroids) and that is the cause behind this then WWE is going to be fucked cos their "Wellness policy" will be implicated as being complete shit for not picking it up.
  • If neither of the above turn out to be the case and assuming that Benoit really was the perfect guy everyone always said he was. What in the hell must have happened to motivate all this? I say motivate because if he was sane, he'd have one.
I don't know, for me there's still too much missing. The only thing for sure is that this is all horribly fucked up.

WWE is rife with steriods. The police raided some doctors office and found evidence he was supplying Randy Orton, Edge, Eddie Guerero and Rey Mysterio. Randy Orton was on no less than 8 different kinds of steriods, but hes fucked in the head anyway. A few wrestlers have also had to have time off with steroid related illnesses. If you look at HHH when he first started competing, then look at him 3-4 years later, its obvious he was taking them too.

I got flamed on the DAoC offtopic thread for calling Benoit scum for killing his family. Just shows the mentality over there.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Murderers smile, and not necessarily at something awful. Hitler loved his dogs, enjoyed painting, the company of children, and genocide. People who beat their spouses can also do charity work. Fathers that sexually abuse their children can also be the first parent that child turns to when they fall down and scrape their knees. People aren't one dimensional, pre-allocated "good guys" or "bad guys". This guy might have been a lovely bloke on TV, but his wife had previously filed for divorce in 2003, stating she was afraid for her safety and her sons, and she had also applied for a restraining order, before changing her mind some months later. Doesn't sound so out of the blue to me, nor does he sound so perfect.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be frank, it's not "lovely bloke on TV", everyone has said they had immense respect for him, i.e. in real life. The bottom line of all of this is everyone at the moment is still throwing around "best guess" scenarios and taking them as the gospel. You, I, the media, the police, etc. don't know for a fact what's happened and we never will. The only 3 people that do are all dead, may they R.I.P.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
To be frank, it's not "lovely bloke on TV", everyone has said they had immense respect for him, i.e. in real life. The bottom line of all of this is everyone at the moment is still throwing around "best guess" scenarios and taking them as the gospel. You, I, the media, the police, etc. don't know for a fact what's happened and we never will. The only 3 people that do are all dead, may they R.I.P.
And the underlined part is your "best guess"?

/what Damini said.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not really, it's not like there was some 4th person there who watched it all happen, is there?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm sure a lot of Germans had a substantial amount of respect for Hitler until they realised that the Jews weren't actually on holiday in Poland.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Not really, it's not like there was some 4th person there who watched it all happen, is there?
Then I, you, media and police knows for a fact what happened, no (= for whatever reason Benoit did actually do those things by himself)? I can't come up with a idea of reason which would make people go "Oh, that's why he did what he did, now I understand him and to be honest he was such an nice person" -> case closed and Benoit is a <add lots of nasty words>. Or what facts are we still missing?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Read up as I frankly can't be bothered anymore. You can have it your way.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
  • If he was a nutjob then somebody somewhere will surely come forward eventually and confess to it, saying that he was a nutjob and nobody ever said anything. If this is true then there's a whole bucket-load of people who share in the blame for not helping him.
  • If it turns out he was on steroids (cos current reports suggest that they found both prescription drugs and steroids) and that is the cause behind this then WWE is going to be fucked cos their "Wellness policy" will be implicated as being complete shit for not picking it up.
Pro wrestling and MMA news - WWE, TNA, UFC, Ring of Honor and more - WrestleMag.com

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course people will find out what happened. The police will piece it together. Its not going to be hard is it?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I got flamed on the DAoC offtopic thread for calling Benoit scum for killing his family. Just shows the mentality over there.

I'm either going to get flamed to hell and back, or banned for this. Going to try and keep it S.F.W and to a mature level. Lets see what happens.

1) You're a [Insert lists of words here][*Jabs Jup*]
2) The reason you got 'flamed' in the O.T. section, is because unlike you. The people there (Including myself, well.. Some of us) arn't going to go around calling somebody 'scum' for what they've done. We have NO idea WHY he killed them (Not saying he's good for doing it) and we've got NO idea what kicked it all off. On that ground, you've got no right to say what's been said. Yes, killing the family was bad (Duh) but, maybe the circumstances were SO bad, that it made him totally snap. (Metal issues etc) Then there's all the commotion over drugs that could of been involved.

Meh, not going to post anymore. As your reply just shows how much of a *Refer to 1)* you are.

EDIT: The J.R. post pretty much summed it up.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
benoit was awesome during the wcw days. i don't watch wrestling anymore but he used to be one of my favourites. i will perform a crippler crossface in his honour.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
WWE is rife with steriods. The police raided some doctors office and found evidence he was supplying Randy Orton, Edge, Eddie Guerero and Rey Mysterio. Randy Orton was on no less than 8 different kinds of steriods, but hes fucked in the head anyway. A few wrestlers have also had to have time off with steroid related illnesses. If you look at HHH when he first started competing, then look at him 3-4 years later, its obvious he was taking them too.

You going to back up this comment with any proof? What was the doctors name, where is the report about this raid?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was gonna say, he's right Chet. Too late though. Orton is afaic a massive 'roid freak.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Maybe im wrong but some of you seem to have the attitude that " lets not ruin his GREAT wrestling reputation because he did something like kill his own wife and son". Im drunk atm so dont care about the backlash but pls get a fucking life. Many of us have autistic or disabled children and we would NEVER kill them. And as for ebing brave for killing himself wtf?,it sounds more like he was a coward who couldnt face what he had done so took the easy escape. Im sure many germans beleived Hitler a great guy till they realised all he did, but after that they accepted he was a bad person aswell, stop with the hero worship and accept he crossed a line no1 can come back from.And before you all resort with the fanboy reactions remeber Gary glitter has a loyal fanboy who defend his actions aswell. Sometimes we need to look past someones fame and see how they are as real human beings.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can understand drinking to lose the inhibition to say something in real life, but over the internet? Please.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
All drinking does is make you more honest and help you say the things you feel, instead of holding your tongue for politeness sake. Like i say tho im not having a go i just dont understand this hero worship.

mank!

Part of the furniture
drinking just makes you talk shit and act like a ****.

i say what i think and don't drink.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah I know orton was on drugs, and has been suspended many a time because of it. I meant the others, no matter I'll read his article.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The reason you got 'flamed' in the O.T. section, is because unlike you. The people there (Including myself, well.. Some of us) arn't going to go around calling somebody 'scum' for what they've done. We have NO idea WHY he killed them (Not saying he's good for doing it) and we've got NO idea what kicked it all off. On that ground, you've got no right to say what's been said. Yes, killing the family was bad (Duh) but, maybe the circumstances were SO bad, that it made him totally snap. (Metal issues etc) Then there's all the commotion over drugs that could of been involved.
Killing his family was bad???? I'm sorry, are you honestly saying that you believe there are circumstances in this world that make killing your entire family and then yourself, justafiable.

If you do, then please enlighten us.

Marc

FH is my second home
Killing his family was bad???? I'm sorry, are you honestly saying that you believe there are circumstances in this world that make killing your entire family and then yourself, justafiable.

exactly what I thought. I wonder if some looney murdered Overdrivens family, would he think its ok because he was criminaly insane?

ofc not, hes just talking out of his arse as usual

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Wrong choice of words, not justafiable, but understandable.

When people, as an example, snap and basicly have no control over their actions. It's understandable.

Well, some say still "You're just murdering scum" no matter if they had a gun to their head, but that's their choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom