Chest pains

Chronictank

FH is my second home
only on FH a advise about smoking topic can be turned into a flame thread ><

Laddey

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
only on FH a advise about smoking topic can be turned into a flame thread ><

It was advise on how to clear my chest! we got a little side tracked :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
MKJ said:
Usual one track mind, bigotted, shite post

cya twat face, dont break your legs running up that hill now.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Imo we should have an entire FH giving up smoking new years resolution

tris-

confused said:
Imo we should have an entire FH giving up smoking new years resolution

i think it would be good if there was people who genuinley wanted to give up smoking. and those same people thought support from here would help.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Unless u have smoked to any degree u squire are unable to comment on the joys and pains of a smoker. One can say a run through the woods or up a hill on a sunny day, might dare i say be an exhilarting experience for the greeks of old or maybe the new age people. The whole idea of the perfect body brings up thoughts of anarexia in my mind.
Now breathing in fresh air? excuse me what is fresh air? Is there such a thing anymore, dare i ask.
Now when you run i do beleive you must feel alive(since you say you do), in fact when i used to run back when i was a kid and was forced into some fitness regeime and being able to out run my father was fun. Though i dont ever remember it enjoyable, heck it was more of a chore.
Point of oppinion, freedom of speech ever heard of that? One should never press his own oppinions on others unless he beleives that we should live in a nazi europe, which im sure the majority of us dont, unless we have a fashist on our hands. Next he will be demanding we send smokers to the concentration camps.
Lighting up a cigar (prerferably some sort of cuban cigar or a posh cigerete which has the right flavour to it) with a glass of wine, in the morning and inhailing the sensuous, devine aroma that comes with it, for me is the pinicle of my day. Feeling that smoke twirl around my lungs and then breathing it out is quite posibly the most alive i ever feel and after nearly 21 years of living, ive near enough done everything and for me smoking has always been an amazing luxuory and the most alive i ever feel, much like the gentleman of old.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Mmm cigars, hard to get decent cigars now a days, they sell shitty skinny hamlett's in the pubs, half coronas in some clubs. Givf king edwards.

Running bores me to death, i can run 4+ mile without stopping, my ears suck so i can't put headphones in my ears. I just have to run, breathe in the car exhaust fumes and look around, don't get me wrong looking at the nature and stuff is great, but it gets boring after i do it once maybe twice a day accept sundays and hangover days. I've been able to out run my dad since i was like 7, he's a smoker aswell, tbh he's the most unfit person i've met.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Darn you lot piss me off some. Just like they piss me off on the other topics. You just haven't got any drive. Going off the subject a bit but it gets me down the lack of ambition in people be it in running or anything else. Running can be so damn exhilarating. Is far more of a challenge than playing DAOC and the rewards can be considerable and certainly longer lasting. Thing is if you smoke you are generally inactive. The 2 do not go together. You can fool yourself and think you can smoke and do exercise but you are just doing that - fooling yourself. Running is wonderful. To be able to run like I eventually ended up being able too - 5 min miling (close to) over 10kms (6.2 miles) you gotta be ticking over like a swiss watch. You ain't got the memories I have now have you. Any sod who sucks on a fag can share the same 'wonderful' memory but hell who can remember when they were leading a race and hundreds of people were shouting their name? Or using tactics to 'battle' it out with another athlete when the 2 of you had left all the rest of the field. Tons and tons of memories both from competing and from training along with the friends I made.

Any sod can smoke but not many have the guts or the driving power to commit themselves to something and see it through. Smokers suffer from a lack of backbone it seems to me. Not saying all smokers suffer from a lack of ambition but to try and justify it with some sort of disgusting memory such as an early morning puff is rediculous when my own memories are pulsating vivid displays of colour and feelings. Piff or should I say puff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
MKJ, each cigarette shortens your life by 5 minutes.

Every time you laugh, you gain 8.

You and your rants just bought me free smoking time for a month.

*serves a dish of Pwned By Teh Seel*

*bows*

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ I usually don't reply to any of the crap you spew. But it was way easier to ignore you when you were just nuturing your delusions in the BG section.
You are full of shit. Some of the best footballers in the world smoke. I am a non smoker myself but saying that smokers in general suffer from a lack of backbone is bullshit.
And not to sound like a pretentious prick but i would probably smoke your ass in pretty much any competion. That doesn't mean i put people down who do not enjoy physical competion, smokers or not. Some people might get the same wonderfull feeling of fulfilment being the best in a game as others do winning in sports. who are you to say that peoples good memories of their morning cig is not worth as much as your morning run. Yes smoking is bad for you but it's their own choice.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ, each cigarette shortens your life by 5 minutes.

Every time you laugh, you gain 8.

You and your rants just bought me free smoking time for a month.

*serves a dish of Pwned By Teh Seel*

*bows*

Well I try my best but they keep banning me ;) .

aye and everyone is getting sick of your posts too

Get out of it. At least I have an opinion on lots of subjects and make worthwhile points. Just my style is a little abrasive. Don't know why I am always laughing when I post any bloody thing though. All you need is my sense of humour and you will have a wonderful time reading the crap I stick on this forum. But I do make sum relevant points. Oh well back to me other ambition I suppose - geeeeeettarrrrrrrrr. I makes that thing smoke though for sure.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
"lol" is, the only thing approriate to say really. dont argue with fools, case closed, let him play with his thumbs, oh wait didnt you say you werent going to continue replying:) god i love morrons, it always makes me feel like a god:)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
One last post that is back on the subject matter of this topic.

Why not stick sum trainers on and go for a run somewhere quiet so no-one can see the effort. Should think a good half a mile into the run should shift some garbage from your lungs or at least show you your true level of fitness. One way or another you will gain from the experience. Might shock you enough to consider knocking them fags on the ed totally. Just don't die in the attempt cos I don't want it on my conscience.

tris-

i thought you never have or were not interested in competitive sports?
its one just shower of shite after the other with you isnt it?

why is it upto you to say my memories are bad?

oh sorry i forgot you are always right. according to you -

i am female
i have a job
my parents are strict
i had a bad child hood

and some other shite.
all four of the above are untrue.
oh wait, you said it so it must be right.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Leave this matter allready? Threads not about if MKJ is right, and in some ways i understand the "fun part" of being hardcore opinionated.

I know i'm not one to preach, could've been more polite myself, but we should all just take a lil pill i like to call chill and focus on what matters.

And that's a guy somewhere around the world trying to kick a habbit.

Allright? Allright.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
One last post that is back on the subject matter of this topic.

Why not stick sum trainers on and go for a run somewhere quiet so no-one can see the effort. Should think a good half a mile into the run should shift some garbage from your lungs or at least show you your true level of fitness. One way or another you will gain from the experience. Might shock you enough to consider knocking them fags on the ed totally. Just don't die in the attempt cos I don't want it on my conscience.
according to you, you have have that weird thing when you can't go out of the house and I sympathised with you for once, sooooooooooo you go jogging now lol!!!!!!
Aragnorphobia??? sure thats what you said(might be wrong tho)
Mate going on the forums in bg discussions and winding people up about your inf is a bit different to winding people up about personal issues or stuff.
Coming on here pissed up is not a good idea,I made the mistake once and paid the price, luckily I had 6-7 friends tell me I was silly and said sorry, however your posts are getting a little common place now and......boring.
I can't be arsed reading all post as it's all gonna be the same shit you have posted before, only in different terms so it's same old same old.

On topic tho bud stop now I know it's hard,but well worth it,I can't stop just yet but have smoked 16 years and trust me it's shit after that just like Vlad said will take me years to get out of system if I stop....which I ain't too bothered about at the moment
All you will cough up is flem which your body can't take no more cos your lining of throat and lungs has lost the abiltiy to bring this up naturally, not a pretty sight and most mornings I am sick with it cos of weak tummy....so all in all a waste of time, if you can stop or have'nt smoked too long get shut!!!
:)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Mate going on the forums in bg discussions and winding people up about your inf is a bit different to winding people up about personal issues or stuff.

Inf?

Hey in amongst all my ramblings is some pretty decent advice. People that need to give up some sort of addiction need to make their mind up. One way or another they need to decide to make a stand. You don't get in that frame of mind by quietly contemplating little snippets of advice from like minded people. At least I am attempting to kick the guy where it hurts so that he thinks hard. Dropping smoking and replacing it with some sort of fitness regime is going to be a nightmare and thinking about it quietly over a morning cuppa and fag whilst talking to other coffee and fag guys about how wonderful it all is ain't the best scenario to help. You have to make your bloody mind up and act on it. Believe me my attitude is a strong one and it can rub off on people. Seen enough of it with my friends as they all come around to my way of thinking if they stick in my company long enough. Strong mind = strong body. (Gets ready for a 7 mile morning run).

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Equador said:
You won't cough up tar, not even by breathing in steam, I promise. Besides, be glad you won't, that can't be good :p If you stop smoking, your lungs will clear by themselves, but it will take time ( no idea how long exactly, perhaps ask a doctor? ). Once it's gone, you're free to run and breath again though! :)
unless you move to London :twak:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Thing is if you smoke you are generally inactive. The 2 do not go together. You can fool yourself and think you can smoke and do exercise but you are just doing that - fooling yourself.
Wrong , about 3 years ago i was still smoking , and i was playing Semi-pro Football , i was a frist choice on the team and it didn't effect me , or my performace in anyway shape or form.

MKJ said:
Any sod can smoke but not many have the guts or the driving power to commit themselves to something and see it through. Smokers suffer from a lack of backbone it seems to me. Not saying all smokers suffer from a lack of ambition but to try and justify it with some sort of disgusting memory such as an early morning puff is rediculous when my own memories are pulsating vivid displays of colour and feelings. Piff or should I say puff.

You have the mind of a razor ... Narrow and Sharp . Your right everyone else is wrong . Learn to accept people for who they are , including their faults .
If you do have friends , i'm sure they accept you and your rants.

In all honesty I take the line from a metallica song when ever i see a post about you ... ( nice ickle play on words here) :

King Nothing.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Wrong , about 3 years ago i was still smoking , and i was playing Semi-pro Football , i was a frist choice on the team and it didn't effect me , or my performace in anyway shape or form.

I don't see any harm in keeping this topic alive. But hell m8 you in the category of fooling yourself again. Any person's body can put up with some form of gentle self abuse. I should think in your case you were not smoking that much. Also football is about sprinting and not long term sustained effort such as in long distance running. Different muscle groups and oxygen requirements. As a sprinting footballer you would use far more of energy that is stored in your muscles. That is why some 100 metre sprinters don't take in any air at all during the whole of the race but recover after - which is how a footballer is.

Anyways I just did my 7 mile run and had a good think about this subject. I reckon anyone that is suffering from chest pains should do a few things and quickly.

1 -> Doctor for a check up. Chest pains can be lung or heart related and both can be caused by excessive smoking. Get a thorough check up on all fitness related aspects such as cholesterol levels etc. You really need to find out the cause of the pain and the sooner the better.

2 -> Ease up on the fags. Cut down a few a day. Use a form of self hypnosis. Do a search for all sorts of nasties caused by smoking - lung cancer etc - on the net and download pictures. Print these out and when you fancy a smoke take a look at them first. This association with horrific images will definitely cause the brain to back off wanting cigs in time. Also do something constructive when the pang hits. Go for a walk - anything to help take your mind off it.

3 -> Read up on diet. For instance an excess of dairy products such as hard cheese causes mucus to build up in the lungs. Air flow is vastly reduced as a result of this. In other words you can treat your lungs and heart with an overall good diet. Great book out lately - The Diet Doctors Inside and Out. Good medical/diet advice.

You can do the above straight away. I wouldn't do any form of exercise until a doctor has taken a good look at various bits and pieces. Just walking etc is enough.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
I don't see any harm in keeping this topic alive. But hell m8 you in the category of fooling yourself again. Any person's body can put up with some form of gentle self abuse. I should think in your case you were not smoking that much. Also football is about sprinting and not long term sustained effort such as in long distance running. Different muscle groups and oxygen requirements. As a sprinting footballer you would use far more of energy that is stored in your muscles. That is why some 100 metre sprinters don't take in any air at all during the whole of the race but recover after - which is how a footballer is.

only quoting this peice.

your ignorance astounds me.

i smoked about 20 fags a day. and i still do , and no it wasn't just a case of a quick sprint . I was ALWAYS on the move , at a pretty much constant jog.
I trained twice a week , i also had a match , and i cycled everywhere around the city and to any practice or match i had ( unless it was over 100 Km's away).

I would emplor you to think before your post , but i know you won't do that.

and watch how this is done King Nothing.

I shall no longer be replying to any of King Nothing's Posts in this thread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A helpful hint(since you buggers won't stop :eek: ) of the day:

Every time you are about to light a cigarette, think to yourself "Do i really NEED to smoke? Is my body DYING for a cigarette."

Then take a two minute break before you smoke, think the same things again, and if you still WANT to smoke. Puff away.

Most the time smoking is a habbit, not a "must do" activity. The amount of nicotine you REALLY need is quite minimal.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Am I still allowed to post in here? ;) . I wanna I wanna.

Tilda

lol at this thread now!
MKJ, be nice or the next ban you get will be perma.
Tris! :eek: Be a good girl!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom