Football Champions League

Everz

FH is my second home
£2m is hardly an earth shattering amount and certainly wouldnt be enough to replace him with. That said, I suppose it would be a decent amount to a CCC club!!! My bad!

:fluffle:

Everton, middle-table team eh.

And yeh.. money is money.. anything is better then free.

Lucius

Banned
Ronaldo is the current FIFA world player of the year. Therefore he is better than Messi

That is not a reason why he is better than Messi. He is better because:

• He is a better goalscorer.
  • He has more pace.
  • He is stronger.
  • He has better free-kicks.
  • He is better in the air.
  • He is better at tracking back.
  • He has better positioning.
  • He is a better passer/crosser.
All that Messi really has over him is dribbling.

Marc

FH is my second home

• He has more pace.
  • He is stronger.

Totally agree, Ronaldo is ten times the player Messi is

Marc

FH is my second home
That best be sarcasm.

it was lol

You cant knock Ronaldo last season, he was a class above. This season though, Messi is as nailed on for world player of the year, just as much as Ronaldo was last season.

I still think overall, Ronaldo probably edges it for me, between the 2

Corran

Part of the furniture

• He has more pace.
  • He is stronger.

could You and Marc please not bicker like a pair of kids, this was a decent thread till that started.

And just so you know "knock yourself out" is not a death threat... it something you say to give someone encouragement and confidence to do whatever they about to do. (ie - use in place of "break a leg" when someone going on stage )

And Knocking yourself out in no way could be taken as a death threat, as being knocked out is merely being unconcious

Now to get this onto football.......

Some this list is wrong, and im a Man United and Ronaldo fan. But he does my head in.

Better tracking back - nope - they both crap at it 90% the time
Better Crosser - nope (he forgets how to cross most the time)
Better goalscorer - debatable, but he scores alot.
Stronger - only in some situations.
Better freekick taker - last season he was, this season been fairly crap, but improving lately as confidence returning.

If you been watching Barcelona this season, you will see he is actually playing alot better then Ronaldo has been. Messi has had a good alround game this season whereas Ronaldo only just getting into the flow of things.

Everz

FH is my second home
it was lol

You cant knock Ronaldo last season, he was a class above. This season though, Messi is as nailed on for world player of the year, just as much as Ronaldo was last season.

I still think overall, Ronaldo probably edges it for me, between the 2

Messi on his day is unplayable, whilst Ronaldo can be contained, his form this season has been slack if thats the best way to put it, his freekicks are beyond a joke and his selfishness is aswell.

Messi>All atm.

Marc

FH is my second home
Messi on his day is unplayable, whilst Ronaldo can be contained, his form this season has been slack if thats the best way to put it, his freekicks are beyond a joke and his selfishness is aswell.

Messi>All atm.

The problem with messi, he will be fucked in a few years due to all the growth hormone shit Barcelona gave him. This was evident last year

Lucius

Banned
could You and Marc please not bicker like a pair of kids, this was a decent thread till that started.

And just so you know "knock yourself out" is not a death threat... it something you say to give someone encouragement and confidence to do whatever they about to do. (ie - use in place of "break a leg" when someone going on stage )

And Knocking yourself out in no way could be taken as a death threat, as being knocked out is merely being unconcious

Now to get this onto football.......

Some this list is wrong, and im a Man United and Ronaldo fan. But he does my head in.

Better tracking back - nope - they both crap at it 90% the time
Better Crosser - nope (he forgets how to cross most the time)
Better goalscorer - debatable, but he scores alot.
Stronger - only in some situations.
Better freekick taker - last season he was, this season been fairly crap, but improving lately as confidence returning.

If you been watching Barcelona this season, you will see he is actually playing alot better then Ronaldo has been. Messi has had a good alround game this season whereas Ronaldo only just getting into the flow of things.

He started it. As for crossing - you obviously never watch Man United games. Ronaldo's crossing ability has been forgotten a bit because he has honed other skills well but his delivery is world class only problem is a lot of the time no striker is running in to head it in.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
then it would seem somewhat pointless to cross wouldnt it? :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
He started it. As for crossing - you obviously never watch Man United games. Ronaldo's crossing ability has been forgotten a bit because he has honed other skills well but his delivery is world class only problem is a lot of the time no striker is running in to head it in.

never watched a united game... clearly you got no idea about me... i have seen all but about 4 united games for the past 3 years.

Ronaldo only crosses on 2 out of 5 opportunities, normally it when he left with absolutely no option. about 30% of his crosses are good, the rest are wasteful through most the season.

If he crossing the ball when there no one in the box that isnt a good cross, this is the time a player should put his foot on the ball and hold up play, or cut the ball back to someone that is coming in. This is the reason I dont rate his crossing as good, the ball into the box may be decent but the decision making process for crossing still lacks from his game slightly.

And as for your arguement with marc, dont care who started it. Either of you could finish it by just ignoring the personal attacks you sending at each other.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Messi>All atm.

2nd highest scorer in the premiership after missing half the season, awful awful form.

Corran

Part of the furniture
42 goals in the last 49 premiership appearances i think he still sits on... cant knock that... just he could have been doing alot better if he didnt waste alot of his opportunities....

Tell you what though, Ronaldo really needs to be more careful, in 3 of the last 5 games (i think it 5 games) he could have got himself Red Carded for kicking out at players of the ball.... sure it wasnt anything dangerous but it was retaliation after the ref not giving him a decision and that is a sending off offense.

I feel the reason he isnt doing as well this season is because he doesnt seem to be enjoying it as much, he spending too much time being frustrated and because of his playstyle it affects his game greatly.

Now he scoring a bit more freely, and had a great first half in the CL game I think he will begin to flourish once again :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Marc - ignore him and don't get dragged down.

Lucius - I nearly kicked you off these forums last week for posting a load of crap - any more shite from you and you face the banstick:twak:

Lucius

Banned
Marc - ignore him and don't get dragged down.

Lucius - I nearly kicked you off these forums last week for posting a load of crap - any more shite from you and you face the banstick:twak:

I apologise for my inappropriate remarks.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
2nd highest scorer in the premiership after missing half the season, awful awful form.
He's played 23 of 26 league games, Messi has played 21 of 24 league games. ;|

Ronaldo was the best player in the world last year, hence him getting the award, this year it's Messi's and deservedly so.

Marc

FH is my second home

lol how did I start it?? You started giving me shit for no reason.

Your fucking weird mate

Lucius

Banned
He's played 23 of 26 league games, Messi has played 21 of 24 league games. ;|

Ronaldo was the best player in the world last year, hence him getting the award, this year it's Messi's and deservedly so.

It is very naive to give the award to Messi already, there's still most of the year to go before the award is handed out. Who knows what might happen in that time.

Marc

FH is my second home
It is very naive to give the award to Messi already, there's still most of the year to go before the award is handed out. Who knows what might happen in that time.

The award is given out based on the league performances and given that the leagues are over half way done and the fact that messi has been head and shoulders above everyone else, it would take something special for him not to win it.

I would never expect you to keep to a bet, being the slimy toad that you are, but how about we have a bet, If Messi wins it, you leave fhOT for ever and if messi doesnt win it, I will leave?

soze

I am a FH squatter
If Man U win the CL it will give Ronaldo a good chance of winning if Barce win it though its not even a close race Messi will win

Lethul

FH is my second home
The award is given out based on the league performances and given that the leagues are over half way done and the fact that messi has been head and shoulders above everyone else, it would take something special for him not to win it.

I would never expect you to keep to a bet, being the slimy toad that you are, but how about we have a bet, If Messi wins it, you leave fhOT for ever and if messi doesnt win it, I will leave?

win win situation ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
If Man U win the CL it will give Ronaldo a good chance of winning if Barce win it though its not even a close race Messi will win

Mr Alex has the squeaky bum now

My team, we will score in Manchester.

I promise, repeat of touchline run in 2004 is on cards

Be Champions

My team is well in the tie. There was nothing to be disappointed about unless you were Mr Alex.

Adriano score in Manchester and I do my touchline run again like I did for the goal of Costinha.

Fantastic.

Regards

The Special One

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom