Football Champions League

Marc

FH is my second home
Dunno, Robbon on form is one of the best players in the world, the problem is that he's alot out.

Which is why I would rather have Arteta. You cant doubt Robbens ability, but I feel he is too hot and cold. I havent seen as much of Real as I did last season, but i email a couple of season ticket holders at Real regularly and they think he has been a waste of money overall. Arteta never fails to deliver.

Everz

FH is my second home
No, because Kightly and Jarvis are crap lower league players. Arteta is a bona fide top player, voted midfielder of the year in premiership last season. As I said, its easy to dismiss these players when you dont watch a lot of them, but most real football fans and pundits around will rate Arteta in the top bracket of midfielders in the prem.

No doubt he is a top midfielder, but better then Robben? Your have an absolute bubble. Theres a reason hes at Everton and not a CL side, great player for Everton no doubt though.. but better then Robben, thats just deluded.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Which is why I would rather have Arteta. You cant doubt Robbens ability, but I feel he is too hot and cold. I havent seen as much of Real as I did last season, but i email a couple of season ticket holders at Real regularly and they think he has been a waste of money overall. Arteta never fails to deliver.

Can only agree with Marc on this one really. Robben might put in a stellar performance, but then his next 5 or 6 games he just disappears off the pitch, one of the main reasons Chelsea let him go really.

With Arteta you always get a performance, I dont think I can remember a game he's played in where he hasnt had some influence.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Robben just runs around a lot, falls over, looks at the ref with pleading eyes then runs around, falls over and is stretchered off missing the next month

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Can only agree with Marc on this one really. Robben might put in a stellar performance, but then his next 5 or 6 games he just disappears off the pitch, one of the main reasons Chelsea let him go really

I'm not so sure his inconsistency was the reason we sold him - probably more because of his injury prone-ness (is that a word? :p) which was always going to be a problem in such a physical league.

Factor in that he expressed a desire to go to Madrid, who made a very good offer, but didn't harp on and whinge about it like some players (read: Robinho).

When he hit form he was unplayable.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Can only agree with Marc on this one really. Robben might put in a stellar performance, but then his next 5 or 6 games he just disappears off the pitch, one of the main reasons Chelsea let him go really.

With Arteta you always get a performance, I dont think I can remember a game he's played in where he hasnt had some influence.

Well oke, but Remember van der vaart, was probably the best player of hamburg last seasons, or sneyder.. great season last year, best player of ajax all the years before.

Marc

FH is my second home
No doubt he is a top midfielder, but better then Robben? Your have an absolute bubble. Theres a reason hes at Everton and not a CL side, great player for Everton no doubt though.. but better then Robben, thats just deluded.

So tell me, the basis of your argument is that Robben is better than Arteta because arteta plays for everton and Robben plays for Real Madrid?.

You do realise that Real Madrid enquired about Arteta before they signed Robben dont you, as confirmed by Guilleme Balague on his website

Everz

FH is my second home
So tell me, the basis of your argument is that Robben is better than Arteta because arteta plays for everton and Robben plays for Real Madrid?.

You do realise that Real Madrid enquired about Arteta before they signed Robben dont you, as confirmed by Guilleme Balague on his website

The simple fact that if Arteta was a top class midfielder he would be at a much better club no?

Robben on his day is unplayable whilst Arteta is good and consistant, Arteta is much a playmaker whilst Robben can do the seemingly impossible pretty much has been Madrid driving force the past few games.

Lucius

Banned
How do you know I have no pride?

Of course, there are clear psychological signs throughout your numerous shit-filled posts I could point out but to save my time which is of course precious I will try and hammer it into your brain just this once.

You live in England. One's natural instinct is to take pride in the place he or she was brought up in and has lived in. There is a certain nostalgia attached with living and growing in certain surroundings which through our experiences define who we are. You want English teams to lose in the Champions League then there is obviously something missing in your life. You are probably one of those people who say; 'my dad lived in Barcelona for a year so I support them', well then there is obviously something missing in your life. If you cannot connect with your homeland then you are obviously isolated inside.

People like yourself I have no respect for, that is just my opinion. Not to mention the fact that on these forums you act like a complete arsehole, otherwise I wouldn't have minded to be honest.

Edit: No doubt I will be fired at with either comments of my own posting history, something ridiculous to justify his beliefs or some sadistic remark that has no resemblance to the arguement therein.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Cokenose is the biggest Man United fan in Denmark mate :lol:

That's a bit over the top mate :p

As I've been told here on FH: "You can not be a United fan if you live in another country" - So I guess I'm just cheering and rooting :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Of course, there are clear psychological signs throughout your numerous shit-filled posts I could point out but to save my time which is of course precious I will try and hammer it into your brain just this once.

You live in England. One's natural instinct is to take pride in the place he or she was brought up in and has lived in. There is a certain nostalgia attached with living and growing in certain surroundings which through our experiences define who we are. You want English teams to lose in the Champions League then there is obviously something missing in your life. You are probably one of those people who say; 'my dad lived in Barcelona for a year so I support them', well then there is obviously something missing in your life. If you cannot connect with your homeland then you are obviously isolated inside.

People like yourself I have no respect for, that is just my opinion. Not to mention the fact that on these forums you act like a complete arsehole, otherwise I wouldn't have minded to be honest.

Edit: No doubt I will be fired at with either comments of my own posting history, something ridiculous to justify his beliefs or some sadistic remark that has no resemblance to the arguement therein.

Why should we give a shit about other clubs because there part of the country we live in?

I only care about one club, Wolves, who gives a ratsarse about the rest.

Marc

FH is my second home

I have no idea who you are so why the hate. Or maybe I gave you some grief on the RvR forums a long time ago and if I did, you deserved it. As I said, I dont know who you are but you come across a bit of a bell end, judging me when you know nothing about me.

I never once said I didnt want Manchester United to win or any english team for that matter. I merley said that inter will do man united, which I think they will. My repsonse about Mourinho was because I thought it was ballsy of him to do it in the first place. If an english team is around in the champions league, I will wish them well, and hope they win the trophy, not at the expense of Barcelona though, that i cant help. And about the pride part, I have no pride, yet I bet in the past 10 years I have been to more England games than you, including the 2002 world cup in japan that I saved every penny for by working 14 hour days, and more Barcelona games than youve been to watch your club team. That is pride.

So kindly shut the fuck up and do one

Marc

FH is my second home
The simple fact that if Arteta was a top class midfielder he would be at a much better club no?

Robben on his day is unplayable whilst Arteta is good and consistant, Arteta is much a playmaker whilst Robben can do the seemingly impossible pretty much has been Madrid driving force the past few games.

As I said, Madrid wanted him and Arse wanted him before they signed Arshavin! Maybe I am a bit too biased ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
As I said, Madrid wanted him and Arse wanted him before they signed Arshavin! Maybe I am a bit too biased ;)

True, or maybe i bitter towards Everton as there trying to poach our players. :D

Everz

FH is my second home
You know moysey! Ebans Blake will be a toffee next season :D

If we don't get promoted yes

If we do get promoted no

:D

Hopefully not another Lescott deal where we really didnt get much for him at all :/

Marc

FH is my second home
If we don't get promoted yes

If we do get promoted no

:D

Hopefully not another Lescott deal where we really didnt get much for him at all :/

The problem is, when signing players from the CCC, you will never get a lot of money for them

Everz

FH is my second home
The problem is, when signing players from the CCC, you will never get a lot of money for them

True, Davies to Bolton that latest example. £2million for one of the best youth prospects we've had in years. Only hope is we don't get ripped off when the time comes for Zeli to leave.

Everz

FH is my second home
I just think Barcelona is a false club. 'More than a club'? What a load of bollocks, they are nothing special. I can think of a hundred clubs with more passionate supports and a more respectable history than them. The way I see it, those who support them just follow them because the are one of the best teams from Spain and they aren't Real Madrid (remember, it's not cool to support the best teams!).

As for offending people, you have and you continue to do so. I just think the way you speak to some of the members on this forum and the way you treat people are unacceptable. That is my opinion. Don't look down on people and think you are the best. Memento mori my friend.

I stop reading when you said Barca are a false club. They are one of the most followed and highly decorated clubs in the world, a household name and produce some of the best footballers this planet has seen.

Marc

FH is my second home
True, Davies to Bolton that latest example. £2million for one of the best youth prospects we've had in years. Only hope is we don't get ripped off when the time comes for Zeli to leave.

Youd think the CCC clubs would have some clauses inserted so they get rewarded if the player goes onto really make a name for themselves

Everz

FH is my second home
Youd think the CCC clubs would have some clauses inserted so they get rewarded if the player goes onto really make a name for themselves

Not really.. a prem club comes calling, the player will refuse to play for the CCC club and want out, so we have to cash in asap before we get nothing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

How?

They ask for these clauses to be written in to the deal, the Prem team says 'fuck off', the proper team says 'no deal then', the player says 'actually, yeah i'm off cya later alligator' anyway.

Everz

FH is my second home
How?

They ask for these clauses to be written in to the deal, the Prem team says 'fuck off', the proper team says 'no deal then', the player says 'actually, yeah i'm off cya later alligator' anyway.

Usually (wolves) we are to retarded to stick anything in though..Robbie Keane has gotta be the best example, no clause and sold for pennies just for Coventry to ship him off to Inter for £10million.

Marc

FH is my second home
How?

I know, I know, its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Player power rules ofc

But as Everz said, £2m is shit, they should just say no deal and let the player rot

Everz

FH is my second home
I know, I know, its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Player power rules ofc

But as Everz said, £2m is shit, they should just say no deal and let the player rot

Let him rot so we dont get anything when he leaves on a free :|?

Marc

FH is my second home
Let him rot so we dont get anything when he leaves on a free :|?

£2m is hardly an earth shattering amount and certainly wouldnt be enough to replace him with. That said, I suppose it would be a decent amount to a CCC club!!! My bad!

Lucius

Banned
I really dislike Messi, sure he scored that goal against Gefate but it wasn't in the World Cup and it wasn't against England. Ronaldo is definatly better than him. The semi-finals of the CL showed that. For all his dribbling around the box he had no penetration, the final ball was poor. And some of the comments he made about Ronaldo were disgusting. Ronaldo is a powerhouse, true class. Discuss.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ronaldo is the current FIFA world player of the year. Therefore he is better than Messi

leviathane

Part of the furniture
I just think Barcelona is a false club. 'More than a club'? What a load of bollocks,

Do you actually know the reason for that motto and the history behind Barca? most likely probably not. I have a lotta respect for barca even though they beat us in the champs league final awhile back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom