CC Within WAR and MDPS

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Think some consideration needs to be taken to the CC currently in WAR. I play a white lion and as soon is I try and attack someone I get knocked down, disorientated, disarmed or disabled. A lot of Destruction classes have easy to use, for the most part just on a timer, CC whereas order is either completely lacking or has other requirements.

Taking the white lion our only CC is a single target 3 second stun in the third line, which is mostly unused, and a silence which we have to command our pet to do. So we have to go out of our way to spec it and then hope the pet actually performs it! Our mirror can disarm, AE knockdown and AE disorientate with the right tactic.

Both WE and chosen also have AE knockdowns also with no class on order having one at all. Combined with Convent of celerity snaring everyone for 60%, which doesn't break when using jugganaut or feline grace, any order melee class simply cannot fulfil their role.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAH

Are you fucking kidding me?

No really are you fucking kidding me?

Is the pre req for order using knockback/knockdowns Lava? Didn't think so...

climb out of the hole you've been ni for 40 levels everyone attacking anyone more times than not is knocked back/down stunned or snared. the fact yuo only noticed it now is pure class. to much anroc and back passge tbh try real orvr.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
orvr.
Here have some trollfood and Foxtrot Oscar!

I agree with Aerai tbh, i see WL's as being a very, very poor cousin to the Marauder at the moment. I think destruction needs to be given a few more knockbacks, and Order needs to be given knockdown. Hell even a KD on the pet would be better than nothing.

Right now anyone wanting to be MDPS should be a Marauder - WL's are just plain inferior all around.

Calaen

The game would be better without any of them not by adding more.

Why do people always expect to have the same damn things as the other realm. Go play wow if you want to fight a mirror image of yourself.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie

Are you fucking kidding me?

No really are you fucking kidding me?

Is the pre req for order using knockback/knockdowns Lava? Didn't think so...

climb out of the hole you've been ni for 40 levels everyone attacking anyone more times than not is knocked back/down stunned or snared. the fact yuo only noticed it now is pure class. to much anroc and back passge tbh try real orvr.

The fact your complaining about knockbacks and Tor Anroc is laughable. Its a tier 3 zone that isn't goning to be visited once you reach 32.

Im talking about the long term RvR within the game. I mean 'oh noes i got knocked back and now their melee cant hit me!' The shear OPness! As opposed to getting knocked down and everyone being able to hit you undefended!

I have no problem with snaring apart from the fact destruction has a chance to 60% snare on any attack with a DoK in the group that cannot be broken. Ofcourse white lions get a snare, just our pet has to do it!

I have noticed this in the past although a lot of the abilities are only available after level 29. And how are these abilities only relevent to scenarios? Get a clue maybe.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
The game would be better without any of them not by adding more.

Why do people always expect to have the same damn things as the other realm. Go play wow if you want to fight a mirror image of yourself.

I'm not asking for a Knockdown on WL what I would like is an AE knockdown on ANY order class as we currently have zero. It would be preferable to have 2 also, which is still less than Destruction have.

Calaen

The fact your complaining about knockbacks and Tor Anroc is laughable. Its a tier 3 zone that isn't goning to be visited once you reach 32.

Im talking about the long term RvR within the game. I mean 'oh noes i got knocked back and now their melee cant hit me!' The shear OPness! As opposed to getting knocked down and everyone being able to hit you undefended!

I have no problem with snaring apart from the fact destruction has a chance to 60% snare on any attack with a DoK in the group that cannot be broken. Ofcourse white lions get a snare, just our pet has to do it!

I have noticed this in the past although a lot of the abilities are only available after level 29. And how are these abilities only relevent to scenarios? Get a clue maybe.

Oh I have a clue and nothing changes from tor anroc other than the fact there is no lava there. Any decent player after I attack them will kick me away or knock me down then get the hell out of there. You also make the statement as if you are low on casters on order.

I would rather be knocked down and let the 1 tank on your server get a kill than be chain dotted and blasted from the 99% Bw's runnign around!!!!!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
White Lions without CC... Thats the class that can pull you halfway across a battlefield with Fetch, yeh?

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I would rather one class had knockdown too and personal preference would be to remove it from maraudar. Problem is Mythic is highly unlikely to do this and so the only other way is to even it up across the realms.

And yes a WL can use fetch but then so can a maraudar who can then knock you down when you get there, see where im going with this!

They should be defensive tools but instead theyre used as offensive, Maraudars knocking down a group of people so sorcs and pit of shades them and kill them within 4 seconds, Order isn't the only side with casters or are you so terribly naive?

Having no lava there is the whole point. You can simply run back, they used it as a defensive tool. With knockdown and disable you have no defense and so by the time you recover you have taken a huge beating. You also get hit by casters as well as the melee im not sure why you think casters wont attack you if you have been knocked down. If they want to use it as a defensive tool to get away they still have the option. You seem to be arguing that knockback is worse than knockdown because it prevents you from killing stuff once in a while? As opposed to being a huge factor in allowing one side to unleash a great amount of damage to targets that cant defend against it.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
I think destruction needs to be given a few more knockbacks, and Order needs to be given knockdown.

no way do Derstruction need any more knockbacks

The average person playing the game is pretty stupid, and tanks with knockbacks think that knocking someoneback actually does something to them!!1

I get soooo annoyed when I finally get into melee range of someone, have a tank there with me on guard, and ....... they enemy gets punted away from me. Again......

So you can have an additional class with knockback for each class that gets knockdown.

Lets see you share some of the pain.

At least your IB's learnt how to use it properly in Tor Anroc

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
You also make the statement as if you are low on casters on order.

You've evidently missed the whole point of the post. My problem is the MDPS classes get knocked down ect and killed before they can do anything of consquence whereas the casters can stand at range free from this making them much more appealing.

On Destruction you can run in and knockdown the casters preventing them from killing you before you can fulfil your role making the class far more appealing and giving destruction a large advantage in RvR.

What good is it when an IB runs in and AE knockbacks some sorcs. They aren't far enough away to be out of range so now theyre spread out and free to nuke the tank as they wish. You must see the power knockdown has over knockbacks, especially in siege situations.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
should rename knockdown to 'stun' as effectively that's what it is...

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
There was a good thread of WHA comparing CC spells between the two sides at the moment.

Bottom line : Dest have a huge advantage with knockdown, which is usually considered the best cc @ endgame

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Never argue with an idiot Aerai, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience (having read some of Calaen's post history it's the very definition of trolling - he also likes using the quote button then changing someone elses quote to suit him. The mark of a truly accomplished debater).

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see the issue - if you're with any sort of healer then you'll survive that knockdown easily enough, tough if you're the healer though!

There has to be some sort of CC - I don't mind how it is at the moment though. I just make sure that on my RP I'm ready to cover anyone I see getting knocked down.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Never argue with an idiot Aerai, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience (having read some of Calaen's post history it's the very definition of trolling - he also likes using the quote button then changing someone elses quote to suit him. The mark of a truly accomplished debater).

lol

you got proved wrong, so put up and shut up or counter argue, dont post drivel about people

and talking about idiocy, are you the original seller of Evita, or just the person who bought it off fleabay ?

Calaen

I take it your talking about the shaving thread? Someone having pubes to shave make you cry? Thought so... you rolled a class you got owned!!!! tbh I think you should just quit, things are never going to change are they?

I mean destruction are hardly likely to devolve to the level you play at.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ah such good arguing Mabs/Calaen i'm won over by your debating skills. A 4 year old insult and a "OMG you suck" insult on a class i don't play combined with a weak attempt at the "straw man" fallacy.

It's so nice to encounter living personification of the phrase "Paddling in the gene pool".

Calaen

Ah such good arguing Mabs/Calaen i'm won over by your debating skills. A 4 year old insult and a "OMG you suck" insult on a class i don't play combined with a weak attempt at the "straw man" fallacy.

It's so nice to encounter living personification of the phrase "Paddling in the gene pool".

surely the important question here is did you actually buy a daoc account off ebay?

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Keep it on topic or post elsewhere. I meant this as a serious post and seemingly one that has been thought upon elsewhere with the same conclusions as I have drawn. Hopefully they will address the issue.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I think he's the original owner of it.
Anyways, I kinda agree with gordro, so annoying having tanks knock almost dead targets away. I've pointed out in a couple of scenarios "What do we need enemies for when we got friends?" due to this. That was bit offtopic though.

White Lion "fetch" ability is better than then marauder equivalent if it makes you feel any better. Marauder one is only 65 range and wl one is 100, or was it 150? Fetch! - Abilities - Warhammer Online vs Terrible Embrace - Abilities - Warhammer Online
edit: Right, so 150 vs 65 range and insta vs 2s cast.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
White Lion "fetch" ability is better than then marauder equivalent if it makes you feel any better. Marauder one is only 65 range and wl one is 100, or was it 150? Fetch! - Abilities - Warhammer Online vs Terrible Embrace - Abilities - Warhammer Online
edit: Right, so 150 vs 65 range and insta vs 2s cast.

Its debatable as to which is better, Marauder has shorter range and a cast time but the WL requires his pet to be in melee range of the target and its cast time is essentially whenever the pets next attack is. If you kill the pet the WL cant use this ability at all.

I didn't mean for this post to be centralised only on the WL but all the melee classes on order, just WL and WH have a harder time with the CC due to the lower surivability then either the SM or IB.

Calaen

I want a gun its not fair how WH's can kill me from range then run around like gay boys keeping me out of range. Lastly I want a WH hat cause they are blatantly meant to be worn by females.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

This is rich coming from destruction! Didnt I just spend 2 months reading thread after thread of Sorc/BW comparrisons and how it was oh so unfair :p

Calaen

This is rich coming from destruction! Didnt I just spend 2 months reading thread after thread of Sorc/BW comparrisons and how it was oh so unfair :p

Not from me you didn't I wasn't talking about Order either I was talking about all the players that deem the class they want to play not good enough or how they want it. Makes me wonder why they play in the first place because they never seem happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom