CC Within WAR and MDPS

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Not from me you didn't I wasn't talking about Order either I was talking about all the players that deem the class they want to play not good enough or how they want it. Makes me wonder why they play in the first place because they never seem happy.

Dont get me wrong not having a go and I agree, it just funny that I see you say that when that is what I have been saying on the wole Sorc/BW thing from the start and got burned down in flames.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Not from me you didn't I wasn't talking about Order either I was talking about all the players that deem the class they want to play not good enough or how they want it. Makes me wonder why they play in the first place because they never seem happy.

Again you are missing the point of the post. I used White Lion as an example to explain my point. I'd be just as happy if Swordmasters got an AE knockdown, maybe not ironbreakers as theyre popular enough! Any order class so that when the two fronts meet its not all of order lying on the floor but a chance both ways.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Again you are missing the point of the post. I used White Lion as an example to explain my point. I'd be just as happy if Swordmasters got an AE knockdown, maybe not ironbreakers as theyre popular enough! Any order class so that when the two fronts meet its not all of order lying on the floor but a chance both ways.
Agreed - at this point i don't really care what class gets AE KD (maybe SW as they are still very, very unpopular - but then again so's SM).

I fully agree that the sorc needs bringing into line with the BW, but i think the biggest disparity is being addressed with the PWF nerf.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
There's a huge difference between the melle of destruction and order in terms of CC where destruction classes get ae knockdown order counterparts tend to have disarm or silence etc, it needs to be addressed either via removal of some of the destruction knockdowns in favour of disarms/silences or increasing the amount of ae knockdowns on order.

I'm quite happy for supposed "mirror" classes to be different if at the end of the day overall balance between both sides is achieved.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
This is rich coming from destruction! Didnt I just spend 2 months reading thread after thread of Sorc/BW comparrisons and how it was oh so unfair :p

don`t you think that a BW is superior to a sorc in rvr ?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
don`t you think that a BW is superior to a sorc in rvr ?

nope, I think they are 2 different classes with the same mechanic and the same role.

We do our damage slowly with dots on the move, sorc do their damage up front in burst while standing still. Different style, same end result.

Differences in certain spells are a different mater (and the only one that stood out to me was the difference in instant cast silence and caster silence, which is fixed in the patch)

So no, imo I dont think BW are any more effective and definately not superior to a sorc in rvr.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
nope, I think they are 2 different classes with the same mechanic and the same role.

We do our damage slowly with dots on the move, sorc do their damage up front in burst while standing still. Different style, same end result.

Differences in certain spells are a different mater (and the only one that stood out to me was the difference in instant cast silence and caster silence, which is fixed in the patch)

So no, imo I dont think BW are any more effective and definately not superior to a sorc in rvr.

Dont you think being able to run and do damage is far better than standing still?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Dont you think being able to run and do damage is far better than standing still?

depends doesnt it, like I said I gain mobility for what I lose in burst, sorc's lose mobility for what they gain from burst.

I have always played nuker chars, I find cast times easier to manage and work out a rythm.

The problem with BW is that the other 2 tree's are kinda lacking, compared to the dot tree.

You get some nice stuff from the single damage tree but nothing to compare to the things you get from the dot tree.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
depends doesnt it, like I said I gain mobility for what I lose in burst, sorc's lose mobility for what they gain from burst.

I have always played nuker chars, I find cast times easier to manage and work out a rythm.

The problem with BW is that the other 2 tree's are kinda lacking, compared to the dot tree.

You get some nice stuff from the single damage tree but nothing to compare to the things you get from the dot tree.

Yeah hopefully as mark says they are looking at the other trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom